• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

To PIC or not to PIC, that is the question...

Billikan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Branson Meadows
Wyndham Kingsgate
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Westin Flex
Westin Aventuras
I am a longtime owner (2nd generation owning over 30 years) going back to the Fairfield days. I own UDI at Kingsgate (84,000 developer) and Branson (126,000 resale). 210,000 total. Attended “update” at Midtown 45 a few days ago. Of course need to buy more, VIP gets service, no Housekeeping or Reservation fees, etc. Showed fake math that ignores time value of money, compound interest, etc. Also don’t seem to have an answer to the question about how VIP is even a status when everyone is VIP going forward since don’t sell new less than bottom VIP status. Status is not status if everyone has status. All this said, I am also a 5 star Vistana owner (WF, ADV, SVV). The program there is much more straight forward. In fact, I used my Wyndham to get “phantom points” to reach 5 star. Is this how PIC works? Do I really get something for nothing with Wyndham, of course other than buying a minimum contract. They don’t seem to be able to describe how PIC points work. I don’t trust them and I do not want to give up any of my Vistana Usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It’s never really something for nothing; an owner winds up paying the program fee for the point value of the PIC contract. That would be $.64 per thousand points now. In exchange for that, the PIC points count towards VIP status, which can get you savings on transaction and housekeeping fees and potential discounted stays, depending on how many points you wind up with. There’s also the underlying ability to use the points in Wyndham or through Club Pass if you choose to. You’re absolutely right about the need to figure out whether it’s worth it to you, though.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I'm not that familiar with how Vistana works, but depending on how the ownership is structured (i.e. points-based) it might only be PIC Express, which is temporary for five years and IMO not worth the retail buy-in with Wyndham.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I'm not that familiar with how Vistana works, but depending on how the ownership is structured (i.e. points-based) it might only be PIC Express, which is temporary for five years and IMO not worth the retail buy-in with Wyndham.

If it is not depositable in RCI, then it doesn’t qualify for a PIC Plus. It’s only eligible for express. I agree it’s not worth it unless you plan on buying every five years to slowly work up to VIP without PIC. That wouldn’t be my plan.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
The minimum they will sell new owners is 77k I think. You need to buy 105k developer points from telesales at about $134 per thousand to get VIP Gold. The silver benefits aren't very good. VIP Gold lets you have ARP twice a year where you're not deeded, you get unlimited transactions, 35% off, the ability to request units, upgrades 45 days out, and unlimited HK credits.

You find two really low MF deeds that qualify for PIC plus and enroll them with your 105k developer purchase. That would give you 210,000 + 105,000 + 508,000 (PICs) points. You can find really low MF resorts to PIC for free online. So essentially, you can be permanent VIP Gold for $14,000-$15,000. I would say maybe 1/5th of owners are VIP tops. The majority of owners are non-VIP retail owners. On the forums, most of us are either 100% resale or PIC to VIP because those are the two most cost effective ownerships.