• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

To my friends I want to let you know my life has taken a new direction

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
As I am writing this I am sitting in my screened patio listening to the birds and finding myself feeling at peace.

I struggled whether to post this as I do not want pity or sadness. I am a person who takes what happens and makes the best of it as I can.

I decided to share as you all have a wealth of knowledge and I want to post other threads to help me get insight to decisions I will make in the future. Those threads will lead to why?

I do not believe in hiding things. It serves no purpose.

My life is taking a new direction. After 10 years with my other half we will be going our separate ways. I have chosen to take the amicable way and he took my lead. With the pandemic we are coexisting in the same house as he looks for a new home. I need to decide what I will do. Lots of options but with the pandemic will take my time. Home inventory is so low that I know we just might be in the same house for awhile.

And for those of you that conclude moving to the 55+ community caused this breakup, it is not the cause. Ultimately if I choose to move and find something prior to him he might stay here.

The hardest part was telling my stepdaughter, heart wrenching. Even at 21 it hit her hard. I hope she will always be part of my life and I will always be there for her, no matter what, if she chooses.

Anyway I always believe life takes you where you need to go. This was a long time in coming. I have been fortunate I was married to a wonderful man for almost 25 years before he passed of a brain aneurysm suddenly. My current relationship had it’s good times. I don’t want to minimize the good but with other factors it just wasn’t enough.

I am fine taking care of myself but in my heart I hope in time to find a friend that becomes more and have a simple uncomplicated relationship with an abundance of love.

Life is good if one looks at the positive possibilities.

And yes, I will continue timesharing.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
XOXOXO to you. Sending you virtual support.

Your commitment and words regarding your step-daughter says so much about you.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
There will always be support here with your TUG friends.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
What an unbelievable attitude. You are so strong I feel quite certain you will do great things.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I admire your courage, your candor and your perspective and I wish you the very best in the next phase of life. I will hope our paths cross when the world normalizes!

My best,

Greg

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Wishing you peace and the best outcome during this time. I admire your positive attitude.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Panina, so sorry to hear this news but I agree it is best to share. I am only hoping the best for you as we all do.

As a side note. I was thinking of you yesterday as I was giving advice to a new TUG member. I had to give the advice which you always gave, "buy where you want to go". I wanted this person to get all perspectives.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Right there with you. Divorce is a long, slow process. One day at a time.

And yes...I'm still timesharing, too. He never did like going on vacation. I do. So nice to be able to go and not feel guilty about it. :)

Hang in there, and know that we love you and are pulling for you.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Panina, so sorry. We are all here for you. I know you really tried these past few months and it sounds like you made a lot of sacrifices for your stepdaughter. I hope that you and she continue to have a close relationship and that it flourishes in the future. Elaine

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Always loved the line from an old Boz Skaggs song, "once a story's told, it can't help but grow old," meaning, once you share, it gets easier!

I'm optimistic that you will continue to be close with stepdaughter. It's not uncommon at all! I am still very close with my uncles' first wives. These are the women I grew up with and we have remained friends.

All the best to you!

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It actually can be quick, but no matter how agreeable, you'll need time to recover.

When I divorced (2000), I left a joint petition with a settlement on the counter.
She signed+filed. I put all I wanted in the back of a pick-up and moved out.
We were given a court date four weeks hence. We had -0- assets to divide.
Afterwards, I went to my Aunt's house in New York... to "get myself together."
I was a mess. BTW, this was 20 years ago, and we've both remarried.

I found that almost everybody has a divorce-story or knows someone who does.

Last edited:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Wishing you the best of everything as you go forward! So glad you shared.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are both amicable, which says a lot. It helps make the hurt easier to bear. Best wishes, and stay friends with step-d. Everyone needs friends.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Your an amazing person and I respect you so much. Your step-daughter is so fortunate to have you in her life. I’m so glad for you that this is going to be amicable.

Please reach out if there’s anything I can do and please know you’ve always got friend in me.

Much love to you

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is tough, but I am glad to see that you are feeling at peace about the situation. I am just up the road, so if you ever need a socially-distanced, but in-person visit, I will so be there. :)

*big hugs*

The only way out, is through...

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
So sorry, Panina. How very difficult this must be for both of you. My heart is heavy, thinking of this huge change in your life. God bless you both.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
You’re a good, strong person. You will be fine. Not to be a downer person, but make sure you have an attorney that has your best interests front and center. You need to make sure you are financially secure. Cyber hugs.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
It sounds like it was a tough decision but happy to hear you are at peace. I admire your positive attitude and I hope you will find a friend to share your life with in the future.