• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

To my friends I want to let you know my life has taken a new direction

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
??? Over my head
Geekette has been writing about her ongoing efforts to/toward simplification as she is contemplating her next move (possibly to a camp type of area).

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
Panina , wishing you the best of everything, you are a genuine good person and in the end things will work out for the better.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Way, way back in the day with my ex I eventually reached the point that I was willing to see that if I felt like I was alone in the relationship then I might as well be alone. We had been together for seven years and married for five of them. For most people coming to the realization that there is very little for you in the relationship, admitting to yourself that you aren't happy and that isn't going to change often takes months if not longer. We put ourselves through a lot in coming to the decision to end things. Many times we're our own worse enemy because we keep asking ourselves, is it really that bad and do I want to be alone? The idea of being alone is scary to at least some degree for most people. It's very freeing when you reach the point that you're ready to say "If I'm not happy then it's up to me to do something about it and I'm ready to do just that. This is my life and it's time for a new chapter in it."

It sounds like you have things well in hand with all that needs to be done now. I remember having some sad moments in dealing with everything that had to be done. However I hope you're a little excited about seeing what life holds for you as you move on to the next chapter.

Hopefully we will be able to have a TUG get together in January and you can come and meet some of us. You may meet some people you click with and find some timeshare buddies to get together with in your travels.

geekette

Reaction score
Sending a big hug. No life choices are easy, but it's good to accept what isn't working, take a shot at fixing it, then acknowledging there is no fixing. That's what happened to my marriage. These things can be completely amicable. Ours was. We did DIY divorce, it made no sense to send our money to a lawyer and create animosity. I'm glad that you both realize you previously wanted to be together, and treat each other nicely still. Sometimes, there is no fault, things just don't work.

Pandemic is causing most everyone to re-evaluate what they thought they wanted, what they actually need, etc. I'm so sorry. You know how to live your life, you'll define your next chapter and hopefully find the happiness you deserve.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Virtual hugs. I hope you find the peace and happiness you desire.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Panini, I am very sorry this is happening in your life, but wish you the best moving forward.

Best regards.

Mike

geekette

Reaction score
Geekette has been writing about her ongoing efforts to/toward simplification as she is contemplating her next move (possibly to a camp type of area).
Yes, Geekette is divorced and making a move to simplicity. Northwest NC, the beginnings of a big "glamp ground" over 30 ac. Several of us will live there in whatever structures we put up for ourselves and build it out, making guest campsites to rent via AirBnb. Everyone has different hobbies so I expect to learn a lot of things from both the fellow homesteaders, and guests, while working towards monetizing many of my own interests and hobbies.

When you need to get away from it all and laze in the woods, I'll hook you up. I am full-on New Chaptering and can't wait to build my first kit cabin.

My divorce was a while ago, much has changed since then. Same will be true for you. I don't view Change as scary and undesirable, but as an opportunity to Do Something Different. My only goals are peace and happiness.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just one you to be happy and at peace. You can, and you will survive alone. Please take your time in making decisions. Do not get angry, pick up your Bible and go into a room alone and read it.

Your Tuggers family and I will be here for you.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, Geekette is divorced and making a move to simplicity. Northwest NC, the beginnings of a big "glamp ground" over 30 ac. Several of us will live there in whatever structures we put up for ourselves and build it out, making guest campsites to rent via AirBnb. Everyone has different hobbies so I expect to learn a lot of things from both the fellow homesteaders, and guests, while working towards monetizing many of my own interests and hobbies.

When you need to get away from it all and laze in the woods, I'll hook you up. I am full-on New Chaptering and can't wait to build my first kit cabin.

My divorce was a while ago, much has changed since then. Same will be true for you. I don't view Change as scary and undesirable, but as an opportunity to Do Something Different. My only goals are peace and happiness.
I remember reading your post about what you will be doing there, helping to grow food. Will you be selling your current home?

geekette

Reaction score
I remember reading your post about what you will be doing there, helping to grow food. Will you be selling your current home?
Yes. Will be pocketing decades of home equity. Kit cabins can be very inexpensive, under $5k, so most of my money will stay in my accounts, with plenty of breathing room to put in what I actually need and want.

The farming is a small part of things, tiny right now, but certainly a responsibility my host doesn't much want, so, I'll own it. She likes my cooking and doesn't mind doing dishes, so it works great for both of us.

The space for my Sunrise Coffee Bar is defined, so it will be one of my first build projects. I will keep on sewing and other crafts, hopefully art fairs and so forth will come back, at least outdoors. There is time for everything that I want to make time for. In this old house, it decides what I must make time and money for.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The space for my Sunrise Coffee Bar is defined, so it will be one of my first build projects. I will keep on sewing and other crafts, hopefully art fairs and so forth will come back, at least outdoors.
Please do elaborate what is "Sunrise Coffee Bar"? It sounds like an adventure, doing something in a different environment than current.

geekette

Reaction score
Please do elaborate what is "Sunrise Coffee Bar"? It sounds like an adventure, doing something in a different environment than current.
Sunrise Coffee Bar is a hangout space I envisioned "up the hill" from basecamp. Literally, a place to go to enjoy coffee while the sun comes up. I couldn't see enough of sunrise from basecamp, we needed to be higher up. Do yoga, test an outdoor bean bag chair, laze in a hammock, read the paper, do a puzzle, whatever a person chooses for starting their day. For a guest camper that is the early riser of their party, it's a place to go to get coffee and not have to labor on it themselves, nor disturb the family.

My gut feel is that it will morph into breakfast central. There will be at least a partial actual roof but also a pergola with climbing fragrant flowers. She has a lot of quartz on her land, so one of my latest ideas for it has a quartz path to it and along one side. Assuming one arrives before light, it could help to have a path of whitish stone to follow.

The coffee bar idea hit me and I liked it, and so did she. that's the best part of it - if I can dream it up and it's ok with her, I can build it. I might have put it higher on the hill, but, hey, stay tuned for Sunset Soiree Space ...

Being farmer will give me an advantage in knowing what is harvestable so I do expect to offer a water beverage also that may change daily. Maybe yesterday we had tomato water and today we have peach water and tomorrow is lavender water... some days I might cut up fruit for morning snack. I'm not sure how much kitchen I'll end up putting into it.

geekette

Reaction score
....It sounds like an adventure, doing something in a different environment than current.

Yes. An incredible adventure awaits me. Where I can do most anything because it's a much different environment, and mostly blank canvas across 30+ acres. I like to be in things at the beginning.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sunrise Coffee Bar is a hangout space I envisioned "up the hill" from basecamp. Literally, a place to go to enjoy coffee while the sun comes up. I couldn't see enough of sunrise from basecamp, we needed to be higher up. Do yoga, test an outdoor bean bag chair, laze in a hammock, read the paper, do a puzzle, whatever a person chooses for starting their day. For a guest camper that is the early riser of their party, it's a place to go to get coffee and not have to labor on it themselves, nor disturb the family.

My gut feel is that it will morph into breakfast central. There will be at least a partial actual roof but also a pergola with climbing fragrant flowers. She has a lot of quartz on her land, so one of my latest ideas for it has a quartz path to it and along one side. Assuming one arrives before light, it could help to have a path of whitish stone to follow.

The coffee bar idea hit me and I liked it, and so did she. that's the best part of it - if I can dream it up and it's ok with her, I can build it. I might have put it higher on the hill, but, hey, stay tuned for Sunset Soiree Space ...

Being farmer will give me an advantage in knowing what is harvestable so I do expect to offer a water beverage also that may change daily. Maybe yesterday we had tomato water and today we have peach water and tomorrow is lavender water... some days I might cut up fruit for morning snack. I'm not sure how much kitchen I'll end up putting into it.
Ooooooooooo sounds wonderful! Nothing better than allowing your creativity turn into reality! Exciting!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Panina - not knowing you personally, but reading your posts, you have always come across as an independent woman to me. I'm sure you will take on the challenges of the upcoming days/months with a lot of thought. There will be ups and downs, but in the end....I have no doubt that you will end up where you want to be in life.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.