• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

to buy or to rescind

SDaveF

Reaction score
I have recently signed a contract with Elkhorn resorts associated with RCI and am trying to evaluate wether I should go ahead with the purchase or if I should exercise my rights to cancel the contract within 10 days of signing by sept 18 2008.

We contracted for one week annually in high season at a cost of $31,000 with full titled ownership to a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, full kitchen of 850 ft².

After perusing this web site I decided to join up as it appears to be a very valuable resource for my immediate purpose in the short run as well as for the future.

After a cursory evaluation I am considering canceling and looking into purchasing an equivalent property in the after sales market. Any help and advise would be appreciated.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome to TUG! :hi:

You should absolutely cancel - you can purchase this for a fraction of the cost on the resale market!

Please read this info. on rescinding - it was written for another TS company, but besides that, everything applies to you.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind, you can purchase it resale for pennies for the dollar!!!! Also, take time to figure out how you want to vacation, if this is feasible for you, and what is the best resort for your families needs.

Research weeks resort programs, points programs, and just renting.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Rescinda-Sinda-Sinda.

Any help and advise would be appreciated.
Buy timeshares resale.

Save $10,000 (or more).

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Is this Elkhorn at the Lodges in Canmore? If so, run run away.

We stayed there in June and it was the worst resort we'd ever stayed in. Customer service was disgraceful.

I wouldn't stay there again if you paid me. And you CERTAINLY overpaid.

Sheila

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your best decision was to join TUG. Sounds like you still have time to cancel so do it. Although I have never been able to buy a timeshare in prime season in western Canada for anywhere near the great deals experienced TUGGER's seem to get on ebay you will still save thousands. ONce you join we'll look forward to seeing you at our Calgary TUG get togethers.:hi:

Joan

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
No question, rescind. Make sure to follow the instructions for rescinding carefully.

SDaveF

Reaction score
We intend to rescind. Thank you for your advice.
I have already joined up with TUG and believe that I will get a lot of value for doing so.
For now I will just continue to browse this site and learn as much as I can, possibly buying a week here and/or a week there to test the waters so to speak.

Tacoma, What are the "Calgary TUG get togethers". Are they on line meets or actual face to face?

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do NOT know about the Canadian laws, but make sure that the time-frame for rescinding is actually 10 days, and not something shorter.

Each state in the United States have their own rescision period, so I just want you to "make sure" of the time-frame to rescind.

And, "YES", please take "everyone's" advice, and cancel the purchase, and save "thousands" of dollars.

Tony

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind, quickly! Really check things out here, and if you still want the same deal I assure you it will be there for you. Welcome!
Connie

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just keep checking the Canada thread and usually LynnW organizes these for June. Last year there were a dozen or so of us. All very freindly people who have loads of experience in a variety of systems. I only own 2.5 timeshares so I am probably the least knowledgeable of the group.

Joan

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Forgot to say they are face to face. THere is a picture of the group posted late June or so on the Canada forum. We've had 2 and they've both been at the Canyon Meadows golf club.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are so happy you found us in time.