• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tipping Housekeeping

PhillyD45

TUG Member
Reaction score
What do you folks usually leave as a tip for a weeks stay? The lady came in one day (Tuesday), made the beds, changed the towels and swept/mopped. She started to place some dishes into the dishwasher but I told her not to bother.

Leaving today, but all dishes are clean and put away. The 2 bedroom Windward Pointe room just needs tidying up.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was clean when you arrived, no? And it will be cleaned after you leave for the next guests. I usually leave a $20 for a 1 BR and $5 or so at a midweek linen change. More for a 2 BR or if it's particularly messy. We are generally neat, and no kids, so let your conscience guide you. We can afford it and those kids just make minimum wage and work hard so we can enjoy the place. Whenever possible I try to give the gratuity early in the stay and ask if it's actually to the person who spiffied MY unit. If so you usually get 'extra' stuff, towels, coffee, a thank you note, or maybe just a smile, but it pays off.

Jim

dahntahn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs, Hyatt Beach House, Hyatt Coconut Plantation
After contacting the housekeeping supervisor and inquiring the best way to honor the service, because more than one person had been involved in cleaning and trash removal at Coconut, he suggested that we leave our tip at the front desk in an envelope with his name on it. They keep a common pot that is shared with all housekeepers. So we leave $20 for a week stay. Other resorts may have a different system, but checking with housekeeping might give you the best info.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I leave $25 for each week.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Never tip at Worldmark, where they charge housekeeping fees of approx $90 once you run out of tokens (one per 10K credits, I believe). In fact never even crossed my mind to tip there until saw folks talking about it on Facebook, but that didn't change my mind in the least. In Hawaii, where we get a mid-week tidy with Diamond, we leave $10-20 depending on our mood and whether or not the gal starts banging on the door at 8 am of departure day (official check out time is 10am and we are never late). We tip $5 daily (or semi daily if we leave the Do Not Disturb sign out) on the infrequent times we stay in hotels.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
We, too, used to leave $20, when we used to actually go on timeshare vacations.

But, alas, tipping has become a lost art.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
We have had cleaning people in Spain refuse our TIPs.