• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshares with unusual amenities

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I happened to think of another unique amenity.

At Hyatt Highlands Inn (Carmel), they have a wood burning fireplace in each unit. The maids come in daily for a light cleaning and will "reload" the fireplace with newspapers, kindling and wood plus refill a hopper with wood. They make it so a single match will get the thing going. When you need more wood you just take the hopper to the outdoor wood huts and fill up.

Also, the Hyatt Highlands has nice binoculars and nice bathrobes in the room to use during your stay. They also have bicycles (not sure if they are free or are rented).

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
White Point Nova Scotia (house) and a log cabin we stayed in at Angel Fire NM both had fireplaces with a "wood man" that refreshed the firewood on the porch every day. Loved that both times. We had a lot of rain in Nova Scotia and snow in Angel Fire, so in both cases the cozy fire was terrific.

Sheila

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just returned from a week at Holiday Inn Vacation Club Timber Creek Resort, De Soto Missouri that I got through an RCI exchange for a paltry 6500 points. The resort itself is on a 40 acre private lake - unfortunately the water level was low so they did not have their Kayaks, canoes and paddle boats available for rent (small fee) but they let us launch the kayak we brought. Free fishing with your own equipment or rental equipment available. They also had a free 18 hole mini golf course, 5 hole executive par 3 golf course (free with your own clubs or they would rent you a set of clubs for $20 for 24 hours), putting green, free equipment for tennis, shuffle board, basketball court. Free board games and DVDs for checkout to your unit, a movie theatre room that you could reserve to show one of the DVDs and they would make you popcorn for your group.

The location is just under an hour south of St. Louis which makes a trip to the Arch, Zoo, City Museum an easy side trip. Not at the resort but within 15 miles is Bonne Terre Mine which National Geographic Adventure has named one of the top 10 adventures in the US for scuba divers - a mined out lead mine with miles of underground tunnels and mining artifacts that have been covered by crystal clear ground water. We took the walking/boat tour (no divers in our group) and it was a highlight of the trip. Also within an hour is Elephant Ears State Park, another hidden gem, massive granite rocks located in the center of a mile long paved trail. The more adventurous of the group spent a couple hours climbing up and around on the boulders. Admission was free and the entire park was accessible to be explored up close and personal.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
In April we were at Four Seasons Troon (Scottsdale).

In the room they had a pair of terry cloth white monogrammed bathrobes for our use, white slippers (complimentary and okay to take home) plus two humidifiers (with distilled water) plus five phones (2 BR) and a phone plug in for the lanai. What was really unusual was how clean the unit was. After a week of wearing the slippers, I was astonished that the bottoms were still a pristine white !!

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Just returned from a week at Holiday Inn Vacation Club Timber Creek Resort, De Soto Missouri that I got through an RCI exchange for a paltry 6500 points. The resort itself is on a 40 acre private lake - unfortunately the water level was low so they did not have their Kayaks, canoes and paddle boats available for rent (small fee) but they let us launch the kayak we brought. Free fishing with your own equipment or rental equipment available. They also had a free 18 hole mini golf course, 5 hole executive par 3 golf course (free with your own clubs or they would rent you a set of clubs for $20 for 24 hours), putting green, free equipment for tennis, shuffle board, basketball court. Free board games and DVDs for checkout to your unit, a movie theatre room that you could reserve to show one of the DVDs and they would make you popcorn for your group.

The location is just under an hour south of St. Louis which makes a trip to the Arch, Zoo, City Museum an easy side trip. Not at the resort but within 15 miles is Bonne Terre Mine which National Geographic Adventure has named one of the top 10 adventures in the US for scuba divers - a mined out lead mine with miles of underground tunnels and mining artifacts that have been covered by crystal clear ground water. We took the walking/boat tour (no divers in our group) and it was a highlight of the trip. Also within an hour is Elephant Ears State Park, another hidden gem, massive granite rocks located in the center of a mile long paved trail. The more adventurous of the group spent a couple hours climbing up and around on the boulders. Admission was free and the entire park was accessible to be explored up close and personal.
We visit Timber Creek every year....my parents live about 45 minutes from there. I wish there was something like it closer to home! We started staying there out of necessity (a week in a hotel just is NOT FUN!) but have come to really look forward to the time there. It is definitely something special!