• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshares Only

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
After reading many of the comments on the BBs about Timeshares Only I am seriously reconsidering not dealing with them. They do (at least on their website) to have several ads for timeshares with fixed week 11. That is however more than appears to be avaliable through other timeshare websites(including Redweek and My ResortNetwork). Any thoughts?:confused:

Bill4728

Reaction score
TimesharesOnly is one of the biggest resellers of TS.

IMHO, I would never use them to help me sell my TS but as a buyer they have great inventory.

jdb0822

Reaction score
their fees (closing, buyer fee, etc) tend to make most deals found on their site to be not so great deals afterall

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Based upon above responses, I just tried to see what Wyndham Points are available to purchase.

I found a pretty cheap sale... 133,000 annual for $100 neg. I figured about $400 - $500 for closing costs and transfer fees (which is what most postcard companies get).

When I called to inquire about the property... I mentioned the ad # and said it says $100 neg. They immediately said it is not negotiable. Then they told me there is a $1000 fee to timeshares only in addition to any other closing costs or maintenance. I laughed at them and told them in that case I can find a better deal on ebay. They said that is not true and I just want it for free (Ok - maybe that part is true, but I probably would have paid $100 + closing costs).

So much for being a good place to purchase resales.

Joe

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Joe, your experience is exactly what I incurred when I made some offers through the TSO website on two different ocassions. Due to the $1,000 fee you have to pay them (seems like sometimes it's $500-$600), I came to the conclusion that dealing with them is a big waste of time. I've yet to find anyone on here who has successfully bought a TS from them. Those fees make any low priced TS a non starter - maybe you can find deals on the high end ones on there but I doubt it. I'm convinced that their business is collecting upfront fees from unknowing sellers and not selling TS's. If they were honest upfront about what these TS's were worth, they'd probably be out of business in 6 months because very few would pay that upfront fee.

Bill4728

Reaction score
TO has a large fee which they try and get from the seller &/or the buyer when a TS is sold thru them. Sometimes if you're buying a high end resort (Like a Marriott ) because the selling price is so high, the seller pays the whole fee. But most of the time TO trys to get the buyer to pay some or all the fee. As you said this can make a good deal into a very bad deal.