• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare worth at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach

jcsheets

TUG Member
Reaction score
So i have a timeshare I bought several years ago that I have never used and to be honest, it is time for it to go. However, trying to get any idea on what its worth or is it worth just cancelling is my dilemma. It is with Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach and a Junior Suite that is completely paid off, but I cannot get an accurate representation on how much its worth or is it even worth trying to sell it or cancel it. Can anyone give some advice on how to proceed with this? Thanks!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
So i have a timeshare I bought several years ago that I have never used and to be honest, it is time for it to go. However, trying to get any idea on what its worth or is it worth just cancelling is my dilemma. It is with Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach and a Junior Suite that is completely paid off, but I cannot get an accurate representation on how much its worth or is it even worth trying to sell it or cancel it. Can anyone give some advice on how to proceed with this? Thanks!
It probably has little value. You might be able to give it away on the Pueblo Bonito Facebook page with the buyer paying the transfer fees. You can find the amount of the transfer fee on your original certificate of ownership. I think initially it was around $100 and has gone up to $500. They will abide by whatever figure is on your certificate of ownership. The membership dept. handles the transfer so there's no need for an escrow company since it is a right-to-use contract and not a deeded property like we have in the US.

I was able to transfer ownership of our 2-bedroom presidential unit at the PB Rose through the Facebook page and it was an easy process.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I used to own one and I found the owners group on Facebook and gave it away there with the buyer paying the transfer fee. The fee was $500. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it just is what it is. Perhaps you might want to rethink hanging on to it. It's a beautiful property. I gave mine away because we had too many timeshares, but it really is a top notch property. The junior suite has little resale value unfortunately.

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
There are two basic types of contracts. One that has the every 5 year refurbishment fee (equal to a MF) one that does not. The contracts w/o the extra fee are typically 2010 or older. From my experience the Jr Suites are worthless if they have the refurbishment fee and worth a few hundred dollars if they do not. You can confirm prices on Ebay but keep in mind what you see on Ebay usually has the additional MF every 5 years and is often not disclosed. If you offer it on the owners page, they will question what type you have as they are aware of this. The transfer fee on my 2010 contract is $500. Your transfer fee in on your contract or you can can confirm it by calling member services at the resort. They also handle the transfer should you decide to sell yours.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
The PBEB that I have was purchased on eBay in 2011 for $1 and then I paid the transfer fee. It does not have the renovation fee.

We use it for one of my sons and/or friends who reimburse me for the MF. It is a 1-bed 2-bath Master Suite. If they are not using it, we deposit it with SFX and exchange for 2 bedroom units elsewhere.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

A junior suite is a studio at PBSB. It isn't worth the effort in trying to sell it or giving it away because no one wants to pay the transfer fee, imo. You could try to give it away in the TUG bargain section but I doubt anyone wants a studio that doesn't trade well.

One option to consider is to stop paying the mf and stop communicating with PBSB. The mf from PBSB is an International debt that can only be enforced in Mexico which means nothing to people that live in the USA.

Bill

jcsheets

TUG Member
Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's feedback on this. I have just considered a large waste of money as I have only used the RCI weeks once due to date confliction.

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
It probably has little value. You might be able to give it away on the Pueblo Bonito Facebook page with the buyer paying the transfer fees. You can find the amount of the transfer fee on your original certificate of ownership. I think initially it was around $100 and has gone up to $500. They will abide by whatever figure is on your certificate of ownership. The membership dept. handles the transfer so there's no need for an escrow company since it is a right-to-use contract and not a deeded property like we have in the US.

I was able to transfer ownership of our 2-bedroom presidential unit at the PB Rose through the Facebook page and it was an easy process.
I would like to buy at the Pueblo bonito sunset beach, can someone tell me what is the best to buy presidential, or junior Type unit.
thanks

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
One option to consider is to stop paying the mf and stop communicating with PBSB. The mf from PBSB is an International debt that can only be enforced in Mexico which means nothing to people that live in the USA.

Bill

We have thought about doing that, but they have a company in Phoenix that collects the MF $. That gives them an "in" with US laws. So, we have not stopped paying yet. As long as son and wife are willing to reimburse me for use or friends for an exchange to GM, we are OK for the remaining 10 years on our contract. :) I did learn this year that once every three years, we can use the PBEB at one of the Cabo resorts. So, I see someone going to Cabo next spring. :)

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I would like to buy at the Pueblo bonito sunset beach, can someone tell me what is the best to buy presidential, or junior Type unit.
thanks
It depends on how many people will be traveling/staying together in the unit. The two-bedroom presidential is quite large and can accommodate 6-8 people. The junior suite is small and probably suitable for just two people and maybe a small child. Maintenace fees will be a lot more for the larger unit than the studio, of course. Be sure to buy resale!

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score

Bill
This is not true. It's called domesticating a foreign judgment, and each U.S. state will have its own rules for it. That being said, most states have adopted the Uniform Foreign Money Judgments Recognition Act (UFMJRA), and states that haven't generally recognize foreign judgments under common law and principles of comity.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
This is not true. It's called domesticating a foreign judgment, and each U.S. state will have its own rules for it. That being said, most states have adopted the Uniform Foreign Money Judgments Recognition Act (UFMJRA), and states that haven't generally recognize foreign judgments under common law and principles of comity.

It's an interesting idea, that a contract originating in Mexico, where the contract is for a membership rtu , processed in a Mexican court to obtain a judgement, to proceed through a very specific domestication process, to end up in an American Civil Court for a judgement, after going through a very very long domestication process, when even enforceable through judgement, is only collectible should the debtor agree to pay.

I think most of this bad debt is sold to third party collection agencies regarding the better Mexican Resorts. It's too bad because many of the better Mexican Resorts deserve to be paid what they are owed.

Bill

Last edited: