• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare weeks we can't use

Marvelous100

Reaction score
:) We have 3 weeks deposited and we are not going to be able use them. Can anyone help? Please get in contact.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
As Dave M stated in his response to your other posts, weeks deposited with an exchange co. cannot be rented, and advertising is not allowed in the TUG forums.

With an exchange week you can: 1) give it to a friend or family member, 2) use it yourself, or 3) pay a fee to extend the use to the next year.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why don't you use them for a long weekend. That's what I do when I can't use the week. I put in a search for a Friday Checkin and come home on Monday/Tuesday (You have some Jan/Feb holiday weekends coming up...use your week for then)

Last edited:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
As Dave M stated in his response to your other posts, weeks deposited with an exchange co. cannot be rented, and advertising is not allowed in the TUG forums.

Slight clarification. TUG prohibits all advertising except in the Last Minute Rental forums, where, by definition, everything offered is an ad.

TUG does not prohibit advertising of deposited weeks, per se, in the LMR forum. We are not in the business of enforcing the exchange companies' rules for them.

We do DISCOURAGE posting such offers, since the exchange companies may well take disciplinary actions against the posters of such offers in public forums like this one. They've done it in the past. We do allow people to shoot themselves in the foot in this way if they insist, provided they otherwise comply with the posting rules that apply to that forum.

(The original poster's original LMR ad was deleted, not because he was trying to get money for a deposited week, but because the amount asked violated the LMR posting rules.)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Why don't you use them for a long weekend. That's what I do when I can't use the week. I put in a search for a Friday Checkin and come home on Monday/Tuesday (You have some Jan/Feb holiday weekends coming up...use your week for then)

This is such a great idea, and the choices for the Colorado mountains are always abundant, except during prime ski, and even then, I have gotten some great last-minute exchanges.

Good luck to you. :hi:

Floridaski

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
Great idea

Rick and Cindy have an excellent point, even if you make the reservations and stay on Fri-Sun you will still not lose all your value. We all know what a decent condo in Summit County costs. I would think you could figure something out and at least break even.

Even if you go now the Aspens are changing and it is very quiet. Or go in the summer and catch some trout, go horseback riding, quiet bike rides - you live in Denver, enjoy the time off!

Or THINK SNOW and just go for a night or two. You can get some really nice exchanges last minute and you are so close. It dumps on Friday, call RCI or II, get that last minute cancellation and GO! Have fun!

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score

That's what we are doing with our 07 deposit that came with my Hemlock week. We're able to nab a 2br at Mountain Run-Boyne for Pres. day weekend.