• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Traveler Episode 81... Simulation of HGVMax

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
ok... This is a long video. But I have included a lot of searches. I have attempted to simulate the rules of HGVMax by using my Diamond Resorts International account and my Hilton Grand Vacations account. I have shown samples of searches at six months and 10 months.

The purpose of the six month searches is to simulate the availability for HGVMax. If you are a Diamond owner, look at the HGV searches and if you are a HGV owner, look at the searches for Diamond. This will help you decide if it is worth it to upgrade to HGVMax.

The purpose of the 10 Month searches are to help you decide if getting to premier+ is worth it. Because supposedly, you will have 10 month availability for all resorts at Premier+ (Final details not yet published). Hopefully this will help you decide.

And here is the link to the video where I discuss how you can buy resale and then include it in your level by purchasing developer. Link is here

Timeshare Traveler Episode 81... Simulation of HGVMax

Map of all my timeshare reviews

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
If someone thinks "taking" a search out at 10 months will mean inventory available at 10 months being "held" as a reservation, you will likely end up reliving this infamous Seinfeld episode.

Anyone who has read the TUG discussions of HGV Max should know not to over expect on this.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If someone thinks "taking" a search out at 10 months will mean inventory available at 10 months being "held" as a reservation, you will likely end up reliving this infamous Seinfeld episode.

Anyone who has read the TUG discussions of HGV Max should know not to over expect on this.
I was surprised on the amount of availability of inventory at 10 months in the searches... Of course, time will tell what will really happen. I was curious about what I would find and thought others would want to look at the searches as well. Your point is valid.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am not sure how 10 or even 9 months applies to Max since the Max booking window is only 6 months. It would seem the 6 months searches will be good to know for many, but 9 months are available to non Max members already. From one of the other threads and the HGVC Club Guide.
1660666874213.png

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
while its interesting to experiment, its seems like available may change once the system is opened up to all HGVMax members, and everyone is attempting to search and reserve..

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
If I’m buying into Max (probably not happening), I’m not doing anything until I know exactly what I’m getting. I’m especially not basing any purchase on salesman’s info. I understand why someone might want to purchase into Max right now, but it’s not for my situation.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was surprised on the amount of availability of inventory at 10 months in the searches... Of course, time will tell what will really happen. I was curious about what I would find and thought others would want to look at the searches as well. Your point is valid.

Even as a regular HGVC member, I can see inventory at 10 months, and further. The site indicates that it's not bookable, but shows the inventory and the points required. Not surprising that there is a lot of inventory showing as only Home Week folks can have booked by now.

Cheers.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am not sure how 10 or even 9 months applies to Max since the Max booking window is only 6 months. It would seem the 6 months searches will be good to know for many, but 9 months are available to non Max members already. From one of the other threads and the HGVC Club Guide.
View attachment 62621
Supposedly Premier+ gets 10 month booking on DRI...

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

Hmmmm . . . I really hope not. That would infringe on the rights of DRI owners and their 10 month window for reservations outside their collection. I guess it could be the loyalty searches, but straight up reservations at 10 months would be horrible for DRI owners. It would be like high status DRI owners being able to book all of their points in HGV at 9 months.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't see anything in the calendar/grid above nor in the club guide that seems to indicate any priority in HGV Max for higher elites. Is the 10-month booking just for DRI owners booking DRI?

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't see anything in the calendar/grid above nor in the club guide that seems to indicate any priority in HGV Max for higher elites. Is the 10-month booking just for DRI owners booking DRI?
I am now trying to find the 10 month booking window information... I got that somewhere in writing, but it may be an older version that is no longer valid.... That would be bad as the priority matters... But even at 6 months, I have had good success.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies

No, it doesn’t. Where is the exact language indicating that? Most informed discussion has concluded you can place a search at 10 months that may match at 9 months.

GracieMT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc
Advice please!
I’m new here and need help. I feel stupid for even needing to be here but yet I am. We purchased with HGVC 15 yrs ago. We bought in at the minimum level. We struggle with booking what we want when we want all the time. So when we were called to attend a “member update” on the acquisition of Diamond we complained we weren’t interested because we could never make the reservations when and where we wanted and weren’t happy. We were told they’ve been hearing that a lot and that would be part of the discussion. So we went last week. We knew they were trying to sell us something going in. We know how these sales people are and somehow thought we’d walk out no problem. Unfortunately that is not what happened. They quickly found out why we weren’t happy and then addressed each and every thing. They used their usual technique convincing us that the new “HGVMax” would address all those problems. No. 1 we were unhappy not being able to book when and where we wanted. We were quickly told with the acquisition of diamond there would be more properties (no they didn’t mention that also means more members). No. 2 we’re tired of the taxes and fees every year. Their response how about we cut your fees/taxes to every other year? Hmmmmm… yeah I know! Then we get points every other year. Yeah sounded ok. They then proceeded to explain how we could pay now or continue to pay yearly. It’s a long story but basically (I’m making up numbers here) Say we pay $1000 yearly in taxes and fees over 20 years that’s $20,000. So if we upgrade to Max now we get the benefits of more properties, being able to book 10 months out that not everyone else will upgrade. Plus we won’t have to pay the reservation fee any longer. A few other minor upgrades. So this is how they sold us. If you are only paying $1,000 every other year over a 20 year period you save $1,000 a year X 10 years= $10,000 in savings. AND you can upgrade for $10,000 at this time which gets you into HGVMax. (Again made up numbers) So it’d be a wash pay now or pay along the way. But pay now and get all the benefits of Max. They even said (this is when I should have stood up and walked out!) they said that those who do not buy into max will have even more trouble booking because the Max people have 10 months to start booking AND HGV is taking on all the Diamond members. So yeah, if you think it’s bad now just wait, if you don’t upgrade to max that’s going to be much worse for you.
So sadly we bought in. We were thinking it might make things easier. But I know better! HGVC loves making promises but never keep them right?

I still have time to cancel my contract. My question is this: if I do cancel will I get stuck with closing costs or other fees? And knowing what you know would you cancel at this point? Is there anything I need to know about canceling the contract that might be a problem

I also realized that we will be getting less points every other year in comparison to what we’re getting now Yes, you heard me right. We totally forgot about the point system changes. 5,000 points are now 8,000 pts etc. So we didn’t realize this until the deed was done.

I appreciate any advice here. I feel that same sick feeling in my gut again. I can’t believe we caved. I’m embarrassed. I’m sure I’m leaving out a lot of info.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still have time to cancel my contract. My question is this: if I do cancel will I get stuck with closing costs or other fees? And knowing what you know would you cancel at this point? Is there anything I need to know about canceling the contract that might be a problem

First, welcome. Second, that paragraph is very long and hard to read, so I only read part of it.

But I quoted the relevant part. If you bought from the developer rescind (cancel) now. You will not be stuck with fees. Just follow the instructions in the info you got on how to rescind. Do it now. Do not call them. Do not answer calls.

No need to be embarrassed. Many here bought from the developer, then learned. Rescind. Then become a member here, stick around and learn.

Cheers.

GracieMT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc
First, welcome. Second, that paragraph is very long and hard to read, so I only read part of it.

But I quoted the relevant part. If you bought from the developer rescind (cancel) now. You will not be stuck with fees. Just follow the instructions in the info you got on how to rescind. Do it now. Do not call them. Do not answer calls.

No need to be embarrassed. Many here bought from the developer, then learned. Rescind. Then become a member here, stick around and learn.

Cheers.
Thank you!
I feel it in my gut. Hopefully I’m not missing anything on canceling. It looked is pretty straight forward. I have my draft written and will send it it in the morning.

GracieMT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc
I bought from HGVC is that the developer?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought from HGVC is that the developer?

Yes. They are the developer and you bought at a sales presentation. The other way to buy is from the resale market. This is typically via a broker who is not HGVC.

For now, just rescind. Then come back and learn. First things first.

Cheers.

GracieMT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc
Yes. They are the developer and you bought at a sales presentation. The other way to buy is from the resale market. This is typically via a broker who is not HGVC.

For now, just rescind. Then come back and learn. First things first.

Cheers.
Thank you! I’ll be back. I definitely want to learn more.