• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Traveler Episode 48... A walk to the secret Wylie Beach in Princeville Kauai Hawaii

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
Wylii beach is hardly ever mentioned... Even on a google search it doesn't show up as a point on the map even though you can find it in a search. And it is such a lovely beach to walk along. Not a lot of people. You can walk out into the water about a quarter mile and still only be in 3 feet of water (there is a protective reef very far out. There are little places you can go swimming that are deeper. It is a long one mile stretch of beach.

In this video, I walk down from the Westin Princeville down to the beach and then out into the ocean at least 100 yards. I wanted to share the beauty of the beach. The only word of caution is that the hike down can be slippery if it has rained a lot. I would only go down the day after that had been either no rain or only minimal. Enjoy this secret beach (well... Not secret anymore).

Timeshare Traveler Episode 48... A walk to the secret Wylie Beach in Princeville Kauai Hawaii

Map of all my timeshare reviews

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Cliff. We enjoy Wylie beach when the path down is not satuated. Since our Kauai time in usually in the winter, extra care is warranted. Another condition to be aware of on the trail is the fruit and its round seeds from the trees that line most of the trail to the west (left, as you walk down). When ripe, the fruit adds more slickness to the decent; when dry, the round, dry seeds can give you the sensation of trying to walk on marbles, causing your feet to come out from underneath you.
When tide conditions allow and using the road for a portion of the walk to continue east, we go on to Anini beach. Even though there is a protective reef, rougue wave do occur here, too, primarily in the winter months. We came up the sight of a presumed drowning in January (early Feb.?) of 2019 when an author visiting the beach was swept out to sea by a rouge wave, despite the efforts of another individual to swim out to save her. Sine then, the Hanalei Rotary club has installed rescue stations (my term) holding rope and a flotation device here on on other northshore beaches.
Our family rules on all Hawaii beaches are to: check surf conditions ( internet or radio, like the KONG 93.5 fm) before departing; enjoy only with a companion; never swim in the ocean with life guards present; and never turn your back on the ocean.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
That doesn't look as bad as I had pictured it. I always pictured a cliff on one side and straight up on the other. One slip and you would be done for...

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you, Cliff. We enjoy Wylie beach when the path down is not satuated. Since our Kauai time in usually in the winter, extra care is warranted. Another condition to be aware of on the trail is the fruit and its round seeds from the trees that line most of the trail to the west (left, as you walk down). When ripe, the fruit adds more slickness to the decent; when dry, the round, dry seeds can give you the sensation of trying to walk on marbles, causing your feet to come out from underneath you.
When tide conditions allow and using the road for a portion of the walk to continue east, we go on to Anini beach. Even though there is a protective reef, rougue wave do occur here, too, primarily in the winter months. We came up the sight of a presumed drowning in January (early Feb.?) of 2019 when an author visiting the beach was swept out to sea by a rouge wave, despite the efforts of another individual to swim out to save her. Sine then, the Hanalei Rotary club has installed rescue stations (my term) holding rope and a flotation device here on on other northshore beaches.
Our family rules on all Hawaii beaches are to: check surf conditions ( internet or radio, like the KONG 93.5 fm) before departing; enjoy only with a companion; never swim in the ocean with life guards present; and never turn your back on the ocean.
Thanks for the comments about the rouge waves. I am always cautious on any beach especially in the winter months, so your comments were great.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That doesn't look as bad as I had pictured it. I always pictured a cliff on one side and straight up on the other. One slip and you would be done for...
I didn't find the descent too bad... I was really careful... The beach was always worth it to me... I also walked all the way to Anini beach as well.