• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Traveler Episode 41… What happened to the Vistana / Marriott Merger?

What do you think about the Marriott Vacation Club Program merger?

• It will happen as Covid winds down... Just waiting for the right time

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • It will never happen... Marriott thinks they can keep the programs separate and make more money

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marriott doesn't know how to merge the two without a big mess in integrating the systems

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • I stopped thinking about it

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
The DRI product is a mess of a product in and of itself with deeded weeks, a points overlay product and not only a trust product, but several different trusts with different resorts in the various trusts. Let’s not forget that DRI managed and lost the management contracts in a few resorts, but they have inventory they sold in those resorts (Gatlinburg Town Square for instance).
It seems to me that HGVC has as much of a messy situation to deal with as MVW/Vistana

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The DRI product is a mess of a product in and of itself with deeded weeks, a points overlay product and not only a trust product, but several different trusts with different resorts in the various trusts. Let’s not forget that DRI managed and lost the management contracts in a few resorts, but they have inventory they sold in those resorts (Gatlinburg Town Square for instance).
It seems to me that HGVC has as much of a messy situation to deal with as MVW/Vistana
I was thinking the same thing. Only HGV product is simple, with a weeks overlay program. No trusts to deal with. What looks like will happen is Hilton understand there will still be two products in the future. A lower level Hilton Vacation Club and another level of Hilton Grand Vacations. They will likely integrate with an exchange program, perhaps utilizing the existing DEX or something similar. It seems that Marriott is trying to reinvent the wheel and if it was as simple as integrating Vistana into the existing DC program, they could have been there long before the pandemic hit.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Where Hilton differs from Marriott is that they quickly assigned a point value for the integrated product. I’m not sure why MVW is having such a difficult time with this concept. I think once MVW agrees on a point equivalent figure, things should move more rapidly along.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Where Hilton differs from Marriott is that they quickly assigned a point value for the integrated product. I’m not sure why MVW is having such a difficult time with this concept. I think once MVW agrees on a point equivalent figure, things should move more rapidly along.
I suspect the problem is that inside VAC the strategic direction for the new product/program isn't coming from the top. They are letting internal (perhaps competing) groups hash it out. When you lack a single decision maker, things take forever. Perhaps Hilton is taking a different approach.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Whatever their reason, they’re giving customers a solid excuse to not buy today. If HGVC gets their product to their owners first, MVW should be embarrassed, but that’s just my opinion

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Whatever their reason, they’re giving customers a solid excuse to not buy today. If HGVC gets their product to their owners first, MVW should be embarrassed, but that’s just my opinion
Yet, according to this, they are buying.

MVC seems to do well “selling the confusion”. Lack of clarity allows sleazy sales folks to sell using scare tactics and misinformation.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yet, according to this, they are buying.

MVC seems to do well “selling the confusion”. Lack of clarity allows sleazy sales folks to sell using scare tactics and misinformation.
Sadly this is true. I would like for someone to ask in one of their investor calls if they are aware that their sales staff is using the new non existent product to sell their current one. Upper management is well aware this happens and continues to let it happen. State attorneys and real estate commissions really need to do a better job with timeshare sales. The problem is they are likely paid (through political donation and lobbying) to look the other way.