• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Traveler Episode 112... Wyndham Worldmark Dec 22 Owner Update

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
With all the travel I am doing staying in timeshares full time, I get a lot of opportunities for Owner Updates. This is good especially with regards to Club Wyndham and Worldmark as they are having to compete with Marriott and Hilton which forces them to innovate. Today's video is from my December 2022 owner update.

The big news was that I got a call from Worldmark Corporate about a new Founders level. I will go through all that I learned about the new level. The founders level has existed in Club Wyndham and is finally being added.

I went to a Club Wyndham owner update hoping to learn about an option to upgrade to the Founder's level in Worldmark and compare that to adding Club Wyndham. I will discuss the tradeoff as I understand them in the video. Plus as a bonus I did a video demo on how to find inventory for Club Wyndham locations in the Worldmark site.... This saves lots of time when booking Club Wyndham locations.

Map of all my timeshare reviews

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
With all the travel I am doing staying in timeshares full time, I get a lot of opportunities for Owner Updates. This is good especially with regards to Club Wyndham and Worldmark as they are having to compete with Marriott and Hilton which forces them to innovate. Today's video is from my December 2022 owner update.

The big news was that I got a call from Worldmark Corporate about a new Founders level. I will go through all that I learned about the new level. The founders level has existed in Club Wyndham and is finally being added.

I went to a Club Wyndham owner update hoping to learn about an option to upgrade to the Founder's level in Worldmark and compare that to adding Club Wyndham. I will discuss the tradeoff as I understand them in the video. Plus as a bonus I did a video demo on how to find inventory for Club Wyndham locations in the Worldmark site.... This saves lots of time when booking Club Wyndham locations.

Map of all my timeshare reviews
BTW Club Pass is going up to $125 in 2023. I watched your video. If I were you I would just add Club Wyndham resale at one of the lowest MF resorts. Club Pass is too expensive for what it is. At $125 per reservation, you're better off just managing 2 accounts.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
BTW Club Pass is going up to $125 in 2023. I watched your video. If I were you I would just add Club Wyndham resale at one of the lowest MF resorts. Club Pass is too expensive for what it is. At $125 per reservation, you're better off just managing 2 accounts.

That is the route that I took. I am a VIPP on Wyndham side, but live in TX where there are plenty of WMs available, even during bonus time. So I acquired the smallest WM account (5K) just to mainly use BT, IS, or MM programs. Saves me the $99 or soon to be $125 fee per booking.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

That was one of the options I was looking at... Thanks for the heads up on the $125

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is the route that I took. I am a VIPP on Wyndham side, but live in TX where there are plenty of WMs available, even during bonus time. So I acquired the smallest WM account (5K) just to mainly use BT, IS, or MM programs. Saves me the $99 or soon to be $125 fee per booking.
Excellent advice....

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Just curious since I don't own Worldmark at present - how much are the MFs on that 5k WM contract? Just trying to find the breakeven point if we assume $125/Club Pass transaction - how many WM Club Pass reservations would I need to make before I surpass the annual MFs for the minimum WM contract? I realize there are other benefits to owning a WM contract (bonus time, etc.).

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious since I don't own Worldmark at present - how much are the MFs on that 5k WM contract? Just trying to find the breakeven point if we assume $125/Club Pass transaction - how many WM Club Pass reservations would I need to make before I surpass the annual MFs for the minimum WM contract? I realize there are other benefits to owning a WM contract (bonus time, etc.).
2023 mf rates:

5,000 credits $666.94 ($0.133/credit) includes 1 complimentary housekeeping and 1 complimentary guest certificate

10,000 credits $1,072.42 ($0.107/credit) includes 1 complimentary HK and 1 complimentary gc

20,000 credits $1,883.38 ($0.094/credit) includes 2 complimentary HKs and 2 complimentary gc

As with Club Wyndham, there is a minimum program fee, plus mf/credit, which explains the wide disparity between 5k and 20k per credit cost.

It is not just the $125/exchange fee to consider. At most dual branded resorts, a WorldMark unit offers some noticeable cost savings versus the same size unit in Club Wyndham.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
@HitchHiker71

WM has regular points and Bonus opportunities. There are 3 different Type of bonus opportunities, Bonus Time (BT), Inventory Special (IS) and Monday Madness (MM). Bonus time is anything within 14 days from checkin for Driveable locations, and 30 days from checkin for Exotic Locations. Inventory Special is anything with 90 days of checkin, at various places on the list. (see https://worldmark.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/deals-and-offers/resort-deals/inventory-specials for the list). There is also Monday Madness list (see https://worldmark.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/deals-and-offers/resort-deals/monday-madness) which varies most Mondays, and is available for booking Anytime in the next 11 months at that resort, but only for that MM duration. It is a rotation list. This weeks list has TX, so I could book anytime in the next 11 months out. I likely will book something this week.

2022 MF is $0.1236 per point, so $618.06 for 5000 points per year. However so far I have only use some feature of Bonus Time (Regular BT and Inventory Specials) which are both only $0.078 per point and Bonus time includes a HK credits. There is a average minimum rate of $80 per night, but so far I have hit that on all of the bookings I did, mainly because I book larger units over the weekend.

I have yet to actually book something with my actual points. However my plan is to use those for harder to get locations that likely will not have MM or IS inventory available, or in situations where I am coming up short on the $80 minimum per night charge. But so far Bonus Opportunities are cheaper than my MF and also incude HK, which makes it cheaper than regular points for me and for the resorts that I find available during bonus. So far I am on owner since April 2022, all 5 reservations I have made this year have ended up being IS bookings. I often book during MM which is $0.09 per point and then rebook at the IS rate if the unit I want is still available, the 2 times I have booked MM it was still available when IS season opened up. In that case I booked IS rate unit and cancel and get a refund on my MM booking.

I just booked last weekend in new Braunfels in a 3 BR D unit, it costs $358.80 but TX has taxes, so $405 including taxes, for a booking that was 4600 Worldmark points. What would that same unit cost in Wyndham points? January is the same time period, so check with Wyndham as it is available. I didn't realize that the Club pass is only checking availability, you still have to call to book. That sucks.

So I look at it as access to points without the annual committment of more points ownership.

Last edited: