• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Thursday! Episode 1, 6/23 at 1:30pm eastern!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
been tinkering around with this for awahile, and while im sure this first attempt will be rudimentary and no doubt require endless improvements....who wants to join me on a zoom presentation tomorrow for Timeshare Thursdays!

Ill basically cover a few of the emails we'd gotten in the past week or so, as well as the hot topics on the forums...and perhaps take in a few questions from the audience if anyone actually logs in to participate! I dont see these being longer than a few minutes, as the goal is to make them informative videos for youtube so to keep them under the 15-20min mark would be ideal!

I plan on doing these regularly and its my hope the production value will continue to improve as this is just something im doing myself as kind of a fun way to interact with owners!

here is the link:

Topic: Timeshare Thursday 6/23/22
Time: Jun 23, 2022 01:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 864 7240 5425
Passcode: tugrocks

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I will try to be on.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ill also publish the video on youtube as well for those who cant join live.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I should be able to make it!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Brian. I added this to my calendar but may not make it. Tee time is at 7:10am Pacific time and we usually finish in under 3 hours.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks, Brian. I added this to my calendar but may not make it. Tee time is at 7:10am Pacific time and we usually finish in under 3 hours.
Isn't Tea Time usually in the afternoon :p

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I’ll try , good idea Brian!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Giving this a bump...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
does bring up a good point! might do these later in the day to allow for more left coasters to participate!

that said, i expect far more folks to watch the recording than attend live anyway.

its my hope that the format is me covering one or two topics (for instance this week covers abound, the survey, and a user who wants help selling a vacation village resort)...and then switch to a more Q&A interactive model assuming anyone is online to participate!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thanks for those of you who attended! ill be sure to announce it in more media formats (newsletter etc) as we continue this every thursday!

ill have the video uploaded to youtube here shortly (after i trim off some of the chat) so everyone can view and offer their own feedback!

im always willing to take constructive criticism, and if you are involved in media presentations such as this ill welcome any suggestions you have to give to make this a better experience for owners each week! ive also begun exploring other options outside of zoom to perhaps host these if they work out better for interactivity!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ha, will say that for future episodes im going to have to sit down as I clearly tend to rock back and forth the entire time standing up!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea, i switched to a standing desk last year and love it! but it is 100% not conducive to hosting a zoom presentation!

will improve on that for episode 2!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Sorry, I missed it, was working on a possible sale of one of my timeshares, lost track of time.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its ok, it was fun and we will continue to do it on thursdays!

video still "processing"!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Will it be same time every Thursday?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
depends on the participation level, i did not take into account that 1pm is 9am on the left coast....so i may bump it back some!

or i may even do it later in the evening, although im limited there to after i get the kids to bed...unless everyone wants to see me covered in two toddlers that dont listen or respect personal boundaries while daddy tries to work! =)

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This time turned out ok for me over summer. We played our 18 holes in 2 hours 20 minutes. I got home and started on my early lunch before realizing that I was still in time for this.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
depends on the participation level, i did not take into account that 1pm is 9am on the left coast....so i may bump it back some!

or i may even do it later in the evening, although im limited there to after i get the kids to bed...unless everyone wants to see me covered in two toddlers that dont listen or respect personal boundaries while daddy tries to work! =)
1 pm Eastern time is 10 am Pacific time... but who is counting. :)

Last edited:

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

A little later would be great, it was 7:30am here in Hawaii. Since I Retired, I'm not used to being up that early. :D

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I didn't see this until just now. I was with our grandbabies yesterday. Will try to remember next week.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok, youtube says its finished processing, for whatever reason the video is not HD despite it saying it would record it in HD....also work on this for next week!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
ok, youtube says its finished processing, for whatever reason the video is not HD despite it saying it would record it in HD....also work on this for next week!

It looks the same as it looked during the live Zoom call. Perhaps the camera was only capturing in 720p? YouTube may also still be processing the HD version which takes a lot longer?