• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Resorts near Galveston, Texas

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any timeshare resorts near Galveston, Texas and would March be a good time to visit the area?

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are several: Inverness by the sea, peregrine townhomes, HIVC Galveston seaside, Four Seasons, San Luis condos, HIVC Galveston Beach..

Peregrine & HIVC Galveston Beach are the only 2 on the ocean side of the road, the others are on the opposite side of the road from the beach. Peregrine is not in Galveston but about 12 miles or so down the road and is pretty secluded. Of these resorts, the HIVC are the nicest...the seaside used to be part of silverleaf and the beach was part of another club ( can't remember the name) that got merged into HIVC.

Yes March is a good time to go. DD graduated from Texas A& M Galveston and lived along the sea wall...we spent quite a bit of time there during that time period but that was 10 years ago so not sure what the best attractions are. Moody Gardens is good for a day or two. Never cared for the beach there but DH & DD used to go Kayak fishing and really enjoyed it.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
the beach was part of another club ( can't remember the name) that got merged into HIVC.

It was an Escapes Resort.

I have stayed at both HICVs many times. You will only find the Beach Club in RCI Points or in HICV. You will find plenty of weeks in RCI Weeks at the old Silverleaf called Seaside Resort.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We stayed at The Silverleaf Seaside in October 2007. The 2 bedroom unit was clean and spacious and they let us bring our cocker spaniel. It is pretty far down the road from the main area so not walking distance.

We did 3 different Silverleaf resorts on that trip and all were nice. One was in the Hill Country and one was on Lake Conroe. We chose them because they were pet friendly at the time- I’ve read that exchangers can no longer bring pets. It was a good way to see some areas of Texas we had not been to and use some RCI weeks that we had.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone , We are trying to plan to see my Granddaughter that is station at the Coast Guard Base in Port Arthur, Texas.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy your visit with your coastie....dd is stationed in Mobile and is expecting our granddaughter....I leave Thursday to see her. The Coast guard has been very good to her..she has had a very difficult pregnancy

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was an Escapes Resort.

I have stayed at both HICVs many times. You will only find the Beach Club in RCI Points or in HICV. You will find plenty of weeks in RCI Weeks at the old Silverleaf called Seaside Resort.
I read your review.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I read your review.

I have several for the Seaside property, and at least 1 for the Beach Club although I have stayed there more than once.

Since TX properties do not have a lot of reviews I usually try to post one when I stay at a resort. I have reviews posted for every Worldmark and Wyndham in Texas too, as well as nearly every HICV (but am missing some of the older previously Silverleaf resorts).

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Peregrine is not in Galveston but about 12 miles or so down the road and is pretty secluded.

I used to own a Peregrine Week. I got it for free. I used my Week primarily to access RCI Points. Decent Resort. Pretty much rebuilt after a hurricane 7 or 8 years ago. The above describes it well. I visited the Resort whenever I wanted to get away and clear my mind. My recollection is that bird watchers liked the Resort but I have no personal knowledge about that...

George

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to own a Peregrine Week. I got it for free. I used my Week primarily to access RCI Points. Decent Resort. Pretty much rebuilt after a hurricane 7 or 8 years ago. The above describes it well. I visited the Resort whenever I wanted to get away and clear my mind. My recollection is that bird watchers liked the Resort but I have no personal knowledge about that...

George
We exchange thru II and I think it is under II.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
There are several: Inverness by the sea, peregrine townhomes, HIVC Galveston seaside, Four Seasons, San Luis condos, HIVC Galveston Beach..

Peregrine & HIVC Galveston Beach are the only 2 on the ocean side of the road, the others are on the opposite side of the road from the beach. Peregrine is not in Galveston but about 12 miles or so down the road and is pretty secluded. Of these resorts, the HIVC are the nicest...the seaside used to be part of silverleaf and the beach was part of another club ( can't remember the name) that got merged into HIVC.

Yes March is a good time to go. DD graduated from Texas A& M Galveston and lived along the sea wall...we spent quite a bit of time there during that time period but that was 10 years ago so not sure what the best attractions are. Moody Gardens is good for a day or two. Never cared for the beach there but DH & DD used to go Kayak fishing and really enjoyed it.

Did you catch many kayaks?

Sorry! I couldn't resist!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Sorry for the late reply. Inverness by the Sea is DOA.

You may see rentals for them, but it is no longer a timeshare. The real estate company that bought the place was renting the units out as apartments.

We are now staying at HICV Beach Resort :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

HICV Seaside is way out in BFE.