• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Pet Peeves---I have a new one!

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
We are timesharing this week in North Conway, NH. We have exchanged all over New England, but this is the first time I've encountered this: NOT ENOUGH PARKING. I'm sure those of you who vacation in bigger/more populated spots must deal with this all the time. But this is the first time I've actually let parking dictate my day. For instance, I'd like to see the fireworks tonight at Cranmore. But I think we are going to walk downtown to view them, because I don't want to move the Yukon from the spot I've snagged. (We pack out tomorrow, and I'm actually somewhat near our condo.) We have done way more things downtown, and I've timed our outings so that I'm back before the masses get "home." Why oh why would there not be the same number of spots as rooms?

I've loved our condo, but I don't know that I'll be in a hurry to come back here, solely because of the parking. BLECH. If I drove a Prius, it might not matter. But the Yukon needs that certain special spot to stand a chance of getting out safely!

There. Rant over. I feel better! :)

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
We are timesharing this week in North Conway, NH. We have exchanged all over New England, but this is the first time I've encountered this: NOT ENOUGH PARKING. I'm sure those of you who vacation in bigger/more populated spots must deal with this all the time. But this is the first time I've actually let parking dictate my day. For instance, I'd like to see the fireworks tonight at Cranmore. But I think we are going to walk downtown to view them, because I don't want to move the Yukon from the spot I've snagged. (We pack out tomorrow, and I'm actually somewhat near our condo.) We have done way more things downtown, and I've timed our outings so that I'm back before the masses get "home." Why oh why would there not be the same number of spots as rooms?

I've loved our condo, but I don't know that I'll be in a hurry to come back here, solely because of the parking. BLECH. If I drove a Prius, it might not matter. But the Yukon needs that certain special spot to stand a chance of getting out safely!

There. Rant over. I feel better! :)
The parking problem is common at many timeshares. If the occupants drive different cars to the timeshares and management doesn’t enforce parking rules the problem occurs.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
we have one timeshare that we go to and there is limited parking. The resort has addressed this by assigning parking spots to the condos, near each condo. Then there is a small overflow lot for extra vehicles etc. This way each condo has at least one spot guaranteed to get in and out of the condo conveniently. It is a small resort so fairly easy to manage so it does work well

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The parking problem is common at many timeshares. If the occupants drive different cars to the timeshares and management doesn’t enforce parking rules the problem occurs.
We have a timeshare that has no parking. You have to find street parking.

It may be our favorite timeshare because it's in La Jolla(San Diego area). We have beautiful sunset views and can walk to numerous nice restaurants.

Sometimes you have to put up with the bad to enjoy the good. When I'm there for fourth of July week I almost never move my vehicle.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We have a timeshare that has no parking. You have to find street parking.

It may be our favorite timeshare because it's in La Jolla(San Diego area). We have beautiful sunset views and can walk to numerous nice restaurants.

Sometimes you have to put up with the bad to enjoy the good. When I'm there for fourth of July week I almost never move my vehicle.
I've stayed there! Loved it.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a common issue. I've encountered it in Orlando, Park City, WM Yosemite, others. Having a smaller car does help, as does a handicap placard- if you qualify.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
At the HGVC in South Beach, you must either valet or use a public garage a few blocks away.
It could be worse, like NYC, where you pay thru the nose.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
At the HGVC in South Beach, you must either valet or use a public garage a few blocks away.
It could be worse, like NYC, where you pay thru the nose.
Marriott Grand Chateau in Las Vegas is the same way. Since we always used the valet I'm not sure if there was an alternative.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
It's a common issue. I've encountered it in Orlando, Park City, WM Yosemite, others. Having a smaller car does help, as does a handicap placard- if you qualify.
Park City was the first resort that came to my mind from our previous stays. If the resort is even half full, the parking underground would be exhausted. I dont know where overflow parking is but in Feb i would not want to find out.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Would you feel better if you had to pay $30-$45/day to park? There are some timeshares who have no resort parking at all or you have to park in the private parking garage. One of the Wyndhams in New Orleans is like that and several of the Hawaii resorts charge for parking by the day.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Would you feel better if you had to pay $30-$45/day to park? There are some timeshares who have no resort parking at all or you have to park in the private parking garage. One of the Wyndhams in New Orleans is like that and several of the Hawaii resorts charge for parking by the day.
Nope. I just won't choose to go to places like that. And I likely won't choose to come back here. To each his own! I can deal with loads of other things....but this just isn't one of them. :)

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope. I just won't choose to go to places like that. And I likely won't choose to come back here. To each his own! I can deal with loads of other things....but this just isn't one of them. :)

So, the fireworks were 1/2 hour ago......shall I assume you blew them off so your school bus kept its parking spot? ha ha ha. Just kidding you, we typically take the crew cab pick up with extra long bed to NH, I feel your pain, especially when the snow piles take up 1/2 the parking lots!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
We stayed at a Wyndham in San Diego (Balboa Park) a few years ago. They had a small parking lot, the charge was $20/day. If there were no spaces, even if you had paid you were kind of on your own.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So, the fireworks were 1/2 hour ago......shall I assume you blew them off so your school bus kept its parking spot? ha ha ha. Just kidding you, we typically take the crew cab pick up with extra long bed to NH, I feel your pain, especially when the snow piles take up 1/2 the parking lots!
Nah...I walked down to a table in front of Olympia Sports and saw them just fine. :) Not. moving. the. car. You have no idea. It's the overlap weekend between Maine/Mass school break and NH's. It is CRAZY here. Like really and truly NUTSO...worse than summertime. I thought the whole world was in Florida this week. I guess not!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

I agree with Missy's point on this as I won't stay at places that require exhorbitant parking fees either. But at least with Wyndham properties, or at least the ones I have checked out, parking fees (if any) have been disclosed prior to reservation. As long as that info is disclosed and accurate, we (the consumer) can make an informed choice.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I get we all have choices. Frankly . . . I won't stay at places with crazy parking policies unless I'm not planning to have a car. In New Orleans, we rarely want/need a car, and when we do we will rent for the day from Enterprise. It's very convenient too, since they will shuttle you to/from their rental location in town.

I'm also happy we own in Waikiki where as owners, and even our renters or folks who exchange into the resort, get a free assigned parking space. That is a rarity on Oahu and makes Lifetime in Hawaii a great place to own or exchange into.