• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Nation ?

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Has anyone heard of these guys out of Texas? My Facebook has been blowing up with their sponsored ads over the past couple of days. Seems they are giving away "free" timeshares . . . and unsuspecting people are seemingly considering them.

Here is the link to their website.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
when I was first contacted by them, they claimed to charge no upfront fees (just an agreed upon fee after they found someone to take over).

I have not heard thats changed.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I have gotten two from them. Easy transaction and they were free. No issues, would use them again if they had something I wanted.

I know nothing about the other end on how they get them or how much they charge.

m4travels

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was very happy with my purchase through them. Received everything they advertised (free EOY) very quickly including a fully funded maintenance fee for the upcoming year. If I was looking for something and they had it in their portfolio, I wouldn't hesitate to go forward.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Good to know . . . thanks for the feedback on your experiences.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We acquired a week from them in 2015. Very happy. They were pretty much just getting off the ground at that time. Ryan, and also the transfer company, was excellent to deal with. It also helped that I knew someone at the resort sales company and was able to communicate with her as well. All worked out perfectly. Didn't pay one dime. Got first years' usage for free as well. Just have to do your due diligence like with everything else.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Well, it's an old thread. I remember Uri Fried was giving away timeshares he couldn't sell on some website. They were ones he and Brandon could not get sold through ebay, and some were gems that I took for free. I don't know if this is the same company, but it looks like it could be him.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I dont believe that uri fried was related to timeshare nation?

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Brian, you may be right. The articles list companies as The Timeshare Group and The Timeshare Company.

So as to NOT paint Timeshare Nation incorrectly, maybe we can delete posts #8 onwards?
Sorry that I contributed to this...

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Deleted

cheech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bahia Principe Privilege Club, Royal Elite Vacation Club
I've received 2 timeshares from them, very good overall experience. 1 of them was transferred in as little as 3 weeks time, the other was quite a bit longer but still worth it.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess is what they do is enter into an agreement with an Owner to dispose of his/her Week for a price to be payable only when the Week has been transferred out of Owner's name. They then put them up on their website for free. Like I said just guessing...

George

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they get their inventory from post card companies and probably get paid for each one they're able to unload. It's an interesting business model. They seem legit to me.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Received a few timeshares from them. They're legit and have had no issues and closing time was quick to average.

MLR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just recently added a second week (totally and completely FREE) at our home resort in Hawaii. It took a while - about 5 months start to finish - and the biggest problem occurred at the END of the deal but was a problem with Wyndham NOT Timeshare Nation. We are thinking Wyndham may be so large that they one dept. doesn't know what the other is doing. Took over two hours on the phone to finally be able to book our new week.
Everyone we dealt with (Timeshare Nation as well as the Title Company) were great to work with. Very upfront with this 'nervous Nelly.'

I asked the rep who initiated my transaction about how they got the timeshares or made money if they were FREE. Here was his response. "We are paid to complete the marketing for resorts and transfer companies. They are looking for new owners to assume maintenance fees, so we basically are paid a portion of the first year's maintenance fees!" They are totally legit as far as I know and I was also in touch with someone here on TUG about her experience and she was also 100% positive. So, we now have two weeks at our home resort and are happy. That says a lot from someone who initially joined TUG to figure out how to get RID of our timeshare :0)

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I’m assuming a Hilton transfer would still have the $599 activation and the $399 transfer fees.