• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Membership buyout by Ticket.se - FRAUD ALERT

Icemanbell

Reaction score
I received a call from a rep from Ticket.se offering to buy my timeshare membership. Of course, I am very cautious of any timeshare call at this stage in my ownership. Anyway, I decided to play along. Initially they offered 55k for my membership and then supposedly after reviewing my resort unit details reduced the offer to 40k. Again playing along, I stated that i would accept the offer. The next phase is getting a sales contract from a law firm in Los Angeles - The Law offices of Philip H. Lee. The process for the sale would be to sign the sales agreement, after which the law firm would wire transfer the money to my account (ding , ding). Once I receive the transfer, I would have 5 business days to send Ticket.se a 5 % commission fee (ding,ding).

I have done an extensive web search for Ticket.se timeshare buyouts, the Law offices of Philip H. Lee. With the exception of their own web page -NOTHING CAN BE FOUND (DING,DING,DING). Heck I even search google maps for the law firm at 777 South Alameda, Los Angeles.

Do any of you have any experience or familiarization with Ticket.se? Heck I would sell my timeshare in a heart beat if the offer was legitimate, but my gut is hollering that this is a scam.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when I am bored, I play along with some of the many telephone solicitations I receive. I want to see how outrageous the scam is and how competent the scammer is. Some are amazingly good; most are so incompetent I wonder how they ever manage to get anyone to go along with their scam...

George

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Go for it! What could go wrong?

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I even search google maps for the law firm at 777 South Alameda, Los Angeles.
That address includes project space rentals, so it is probably a good place for a mail drop. :rolleyes:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
The .se domain is for Sweden. Ding.

I wondered if maybe Senegal was going to become another Nigeria. Glad to hear .se is Sweden instead!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

DRIless

Reaction score
I received a call from a rep from Ticket.se offering to buy my timeshare membership. Of course, I am very cautious of any timeshare call at this stage in my ownership. Anyway, I decided to play along. Initially they offered 55k for my membership and then supposedly after reviewing my resort unit details reduced the offer to 40k. Again playing along, I stated that i would accept the offer. The next phase is getting a sales contract from a law firm in Los Angeles - The Law offices of Philip H. Lee. The process for the sale would be to sign the sales agreement, after which the law firm would wire transfer the money to my account (ding , ding). Once I receive the transfer, I would have 5 business days to send Ticket.se a 5 % commission fee (ding,ding).

I have done an extensive web search for Ticket.se timeshare buyouts, the Law offices of Philip H. Lee. With the exception of their own web page -NOTHING CAN BE FOUND (DING,DING,DING). Heck I even search google maps for the law firm at 777 South Alameda, Los Angeles.

Do any of you have any experience or familiarization with Ticket.se? Heck I would sell my timeshare in a heart beat if the offer was legitimate, but my gut is hollering that this is a scam.

A search on TUG using "Ticket.se" as your search criteria yields

where I posted:
I related my experiences with a cold call from rumbo.com at the beginning of this year here:

Yesterday I got a call asking for "Jansar" which is a name of a person I rented a week to at a resort in Sedona six or eight years ago. Whatever list got stolen by an employee and sold, he's on it, I've received calls repeatedly for this person for all these years from all sorts of timeshare scammers.

YESTERDAY they wanted to buy and pay me $1.75/point for Diamond Resorts, it was a Diamond reservation list that was stolen and sold. I said I didn't have any anymore but I did have some Wyndham points. 400,000 Myrtle Beach and 900,000 NYC ..... they'd buy those for $195,000. OK, sign me up, it got as far as them wanting to have their lawyer send me all the contract info by email then the supervisor would go over everything with me. I gave them a working gmail address but the email never came through and bounced back to them, maybe gmail is already on to them?

I could sure use 195K. The 'company' was ticket.se, a travel website in Swedish.