• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Map

snippet

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I've noticed on the bulletin board that a lot of people are always asking about where the resort is in relation to this city or that attraction. So I created a web page for Orlando resorts and one for Texas. I’ve gotten good responses to them and have noticed an increase in usage since I posted about them. In fact several people have already bookmarked the sites for regular use.

I’d like to eventually expand this to the entire US. It might even be useful to add to the Resort Reviews section as a map. But i don't want to violate any rules or step into anyone's area. What do you think?

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great idea!

What a great idea! It's great to be able to see where they various resorts are relative to the highways, airports, or attractions. I love it! Hope we can integrate it into TUG.
~Arlene

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It really does look like a good facility. How did you find it? Is it tied in to your service provider?
I would certainly like to look into something similar for European Resorts.

snippet

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Keitht said:
It really does look like a good facility. How did you find it? Is it tied in to your service provider?
I would certainly like to look into something similar for European Resorts.
I wrote it using the Google Maps API. It's located on my ISP right now, and I don't have a problem with it staying there (unless it gets too much usage) or even moving it to live somewhere else. Actually, I was looking for something to do with Google Maps and since I'm always reading the TUG BBS I found my project in the questions people were asking in the forums.

European resorts, and the rest of the world's resort too for that matter, could be added. I started out small - Orlando has about 85 resorts, and the Texas area has even fewer. But with time.... sure.

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is very good - but it displays funny on my screen.

The map is bunched up on the left side of the screen.

Charles

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
snippet said:
I wrote it using the Google Maps API. It's located on my ISP right now, and I don't have a problem with it staying there (unless it gets too much usage) or even moving it to live somewhere else. Actually, I was looking for something to do with Google Maps and since I'm always reading the TUG BBS I found my project in the questions people were asking in the forums.

European resorts, and the rest of the world's resort too for that matter, could be added. I started out small - Orlando has about 85 resorts, and the Texas area has even fewer. But with time.... sure.

I wasn't suggesting that you should create maps for the rest of the world, although it would give you a project for a few cold, wet nights :) It is something I could seriously consider for Europe. A graphical view of resort locations is always a great help.

snippet

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Keitht said:
I wasn't suggesting that you should create maps for the rest of the world, although it would give you a project for a few cold, wet nights :) It is something I could seriously consider for Europe. A graphical view of resort locations is always a great help.
I understand. If you want to work on Europe, then I've got the javascript code all ready for you. It's the resort data that you'll need. If you can create a spreadsheet with this information then you are pretty much done: resort name, address, phone, resort codes, affiliation (Points, Weeks, II, both), latitude, longitude. Get all that together and I can help you get it all onto a webpage. The latitude and longitude are the most difficult to obtain, but not overly so. Addresses aren't always recognized by the geocode site, or Google or Yahoo. If you are lucky the resort will have a website with a map or verbal directions that you can use; sometimes you have to rely on someone with firsthand knowledge of the location. The Orlando page has a few resorts with * because I can't find it's location. I have had a few good TUGGers let me know the exact spot of a misplaced resort or two as well. That's a big help.

Email me and we can talk about it offline... Remember, I'm in Texas; our supply of cold, wet nights is limited :)

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
snippet said:
Email me and we can talk about it offline... Remember, I'm in Texas; our supply of cold, wet nights is limited :)

Thanks for the offer. No need to rub it in about the supply of cold, wet nights. You can have some of ours if you like - along with the current cold, wet days :(

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is it going?

snippet said:
I’d like to eventually expand this to the entire US. It might even be useful to add to the Resort Reviews section as a map.

I was just wondering how this great project is going? Have you started to map resorts in the rest of the country?

Charles

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very Nice!!

What a great user friendly map. I like how you can toggle back and forth between google and the normal map.

Kazakie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent Job!!

Excellent. I would think the next "nice to have" areas may be Hilton Head and Cali (more relative to water than city).

snippet

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I decided to expand state by state. I did Texas, and am working on Florida. It's going a bit slower than I expected due to some family health problems.

I am also researching the terms of use through Google, since they state "The API may be used only for services that are generally accessible to consumers without charge." I'm hosting it on my own website, so technically anyone can access it without charge. I think there may be problems later on if the maps move to sites requiring the TUG password. Right now, it's not a problem, but it always helps to know what might come up.

jgtragesser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I bug-eyed :eek: ????... VERY impressive... thanks for the work... and thanks for sharing...
Joe Tragesser...Lake Zurich, IL

JMM

TUG Member
Reaction score
:) Thanks. This is great! I tried it with Netscape and Firefox, :confused: but it really only works correctly with Internet Explorer.

JMM

BondGuy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aquamarine Villas, Fox Run, Castleburn
VERY slick!

A great resource - many thanks for creating it

IreneLF

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm impressed! And now I want to go again..so many timeshares, so little time (off)

snippet

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
LynnW said:
Thanks for the great job! I'm impressed too :)
Thanks y'all. I'm glad you like it. I'm getting a lot of hits from TUGGers viewing it.
Geez, Florida has a lot of resorts! I'm not even half way done with them. But it's more from a lack of time than anything.

I also need to work on the Firefox browser and get it to work with that. Good idea.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have to admit...that is quite nifty...have to file that under the already large list of features to add as time permits:)

Last edited:

snippet

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I dont have the entire US done yet. :annoyed:

But I have done Texas, Florida (all of it!), Hawaii, and I'm working on the NorthEast part of the US. So far, I have Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire all on the page.

If you have been to a timeshare in one of those areas please clink on the link and make sure I've got your resort in the right place.

I've still got to work on getting the pages to work in Firefox and Netscape. And the pages might load slowly - especially the Florida pages. I'd appreciate feedback on this too.