• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare lawyers, do they work if you owe?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV
Wife and I bought in dec 2019 and have never actually used our 35k points. We booked once but surrounding areas went into cvid restrictions so we cancelled. Fast forward to today and it's costing me about 2k per year until the loan is paid off. I owe about 8k. I cannot afford to travel if I'm not making more money at work so I need to get rid of this. My wife found X-Timeshares and Transfer who claim that for about 4k + settlement (likely around $2k) they will represent us to get our legal obligation recinded. Here is their BBB

1. Is this a scam
2. If so what are my other options? I'm willing to take a credit hit, I can't afford any more debt as it is.
3. They want a down payment before they send out "the letter"
4. I've read too much and need a softball.

Thanks in advance, sorry if it gets asked a lot. Couldn't find anything like this situation.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's a common SCAM!

Your other option is to simply quit making payments - they will foreclose and take it back.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
All these attorneys do is send out letters that explain you are not paying anymore. They don't negotiate anything. Here is a review at the bbb link you posted that explains what these people do. You can do this for no cost by contacting the resort and explaining you can't afford the timeshare. Or just quit making payments.

Bill

Rasheeda W

1 star
07/25/2022

I hired X-Timeshares in May 2020 right before the pandemic. I paid almost $20k for them to ************ my timeshare. Al. X-Timeshares did was send 2 letters. The property was foreclosed on 2 years later and now it negatively affects my credit. I was under the impression we would get a resolution other than foreclosure. I wasted my money as I could have just not paid and received the same service as I paid $20k for. I feel I am owed a refund, if not in full at least a partial refund - NOTHING was done but 2 letters.