• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Help Source

MaureenS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North
I just received a mailer from Timeshare Help Source out of Colorado Springs, CO inviting me to a meal and to learn "optimize" my timeshare ownership or "exit gracefully and painlessly." And, they are offering a $500 shopping card for attending. Usually these solicitations go right in the trash but this one shows a BBB A rating, which I did check out online and found the company to have an actual A- rating, with only two complaints in two years (both resolved and very minor). Does anyone know anything about this company?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
ALL of these companies are scammers - don't do it. If you go, I predict that you won't get the $500 card without getting racked over the coals and signing up for something. I guarantee it won't be pleasant or easy.

MaureenS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, Denise!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are you hoping to accomplish with your TS that this company promises? If you're looking to get rid of your TS, then there are many suggestions here on TUG that will be cheaper and likely less painless than using this company.

MaureenS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What are you hoping to accomplish with your TS that this company promises? If you're looking to get rid of your TS, then there are many suggestions here on TUG that will be cheaper and likely less painless than using this company.
I've periodically listed my timeshares here. I get some response but nothing worth pursuing. Mostly, my aim would simply be information gathering should I want to just dump the timeshares in the future. Not looking to do that at the moment.

MaureenS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've periodically listed my timeshares here. I get some response but nothing worth pursuing. Mostly, my aim would simply be information gathering should I want to just dump the timeshares in the future. Not looking to do that at the moment.
I just wondered if there was an upright firm out there. The BBB rating intrigues me.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maureen, look up Resort Release to see where they ended up. (Bankrupt last year.) They had a A+ rating with the BBB and dozens of glowing reviews. They offered a Money-back guarantee. There owners, Shyla Cline and her husband, bought a $9 million mansion in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. At first, they looked SO good. Then, not so much. That is how the exit industry operates. Here today, gone tomorrow.

Timeshare Help Source is barely 2 years old. They have an A- rating because they have RESPONDED to the BBB complaints - not because they have none. Here is a recent article about them: https://www.theusnews.com/newsr/11368. Charles Hearn, owner, sold timeshares for 7 years. Then he "woke up" one day and realized that they weren't an investment. WOW! It took him 7 years to figure this out?

AND... one of the complaints about the company was that the person did not receive the promised $500 gift card. Food for thought.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Timeshare Termination Team is another company that has similarities. In business for a couple of years. Lots of advertising. Good BBB rating. They continued to solicit for money right up to the day they unexpectedly locked their doors for good.

Below is a thread on Timeshare Termination Team.

MaureenS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maureen, look up Resort Release to see where they ended up. (Bankrupt last year.) They had a A+ rating with the BBB and dozens of glowing reviews. They offered a Money-back guarantee. There owners, Shyla Cline and her husband, bought a $9 million mansion in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. At first, they looked SO good. Then, not so much. That is how the exit industry operates. Here today, gone tomorrow.

Timeshare Help Source is barely 2 years old. They have an A- rating because they have RESPONDED to the BBB complaints - not because they have none. Here is a recent article about them: https://www.theusnews.com/newsr/11368. Charles Hearn, owner, sold timeshares for 7 years. Then he "woke up" one day and realized that they weren't an investment. WOW! It took him 7 years to figure this out?

AND... one of the complaints about the company was that the person did not receive the promised $500 gift card. Food for thought.

Thanks! The gift card wasn't really the important part and since it is called a "shopping card" it is probably rather worthless is my bet. I was hoping someone on here might have had dealings with them. I understand they were well rated on BBB because they responded, the only two complaints listed were minor -- someone didn't get a shopping card and someone else wants them to stop soliticiting them. No complaints about the core business in two years is what is interesting to me.

MaureenS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Timeshare Termination Team is another company that has similarities. In business for a couple of years. Lots of advertising. Good BBB rating. They continued to solicit for money right up to the day they unexpectedly locked their doors for good.

Below is a thread on Timeshare Termination Team.
Thank you!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Maureen - If you go to this "meeting" you will not learn any legitimate info, and you will be branded as an "easy mark," and be targeted by scammers for all eternity. There is no upside to going.

STLBBB

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received a mailer from Timeshare Help Source out of Colorado Springs, CO inviting me to a meal and to learn "optimize" my timeshare ownership or "exit gracefully and painlessly." And, they are offering a $500 shopping card for attending. Usually these solicitations go right in the trash but this one shows a BBB A rating, which I did check out online and found the company to have an actual A- rating, with only two complaints in two years (both resolved and very minor). Does anyone know anything about this company?
[/QUOTE

Please check your Direct Messages. Thank you.

Reactions: RX8

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no upside to going.

Disagree. I went to a couple of these back when they were called Postcard Companies. It was well worth attending. I learned a lot listening to their lies and their pitch. If they ask what you own, lie to them. If they give you a form to fill out, give them a phony name, phone number and email address. When you have heard enough get up and leave. You will never be tempted again....

George

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Disagree. I went to a couple of these back when they were called Postcard Companies. It was well worth attending. I learned a lot listening to their lies and their pitch. If they ask what you own, lie to them. If they give you a form to fill out, give them a phony name, phone number and email address. When you have heard enough get up and leave. You will never be tempted again....

George

Certainly you don’t recommend any average joe to attend, do you? You say you learned a lot from their lies but many people can’t see through the lies and will end up signing up for the scam. This scam has been around for many years so it must be worth it to them to keep paying for dinner.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
This scam has been around for many years so it must be worth it to them to keep paying for dinner.

You are absolutely right. Both times as I left every "Counselor" was at a table talking serious business with a "Rube" who had his checkbook out...

George

Reactions: RX8
Reaction score
I got this dinner invitation from them. I don’t (as of a few years ago) even own a timeshare. But, is there really a downside to a free dinner and insisting on the $500 shopping card? It’s not like they can sell me on helping with a timeshare I don’t have . It sounds like a lot of folks are saying stay away but I’m trying to understand the downside.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got this dinner invitation from them. I don’t (as of a few years ago) even own a timeshare. But, is there really a downside to a free dinner and insisting on the $500 shopping card? It’s not like they can sell me on helping with a timeshare I don’t have . It sounds like a lot of folks are saying stay away but I’m trying to understand the downside.

I hate to say it but it's time to wake up and smell the roses. As soon as they find out you no longer own a timeshare then suddenly you "don't qualify" for the shopping card and you will have wasted your time.

They'll likely also charge you for the meal......!