• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Globe came today.......

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Several years ago, I 9and several others here) responded to an ad for a new travel publication, Timeshare Globe. It comes sporatic, and is unually in a brown envelope with almost a $2.00 fee for postage.

I have reported on past issues.....it is a slick, looks like 12 color print and expensive looking.

In the past, it had advertisements for some T/S companies, and sevedral articles on what you might find and do in various vacation areas of the world. They always had some kind of T/S advertisement.

This Nov/Dec 05 edition still is slick with lots of color....but....except for 3 or 4 advertisements from major companies, {it has 52 pages. $4.50 in USA. Still printed by Bob Matous} , it only has time share sales listed...and rental prices are over what many tuggers might pay for a week.

Example: Sheraton Vistana Cascades 2bd 2 ba Bi-annual week 40 is only $29,000 - for sale...WOW!

A Special:

I remember reading a lot about the Fiesta De Cortez about a 4 hour drive from Phoenix or Tucson. (Search on Google)

For $8000, you get a non saleable week (100 years) or 4 weeks for 25 yrs) with no maint fees ever (??)...2 bed 2 bath...up to $9900 for all red. (RCI)

I think that Bob Matous might sell a lot more resales if he would check resale prices in other areas.......

If anyone remembers, I thought this publication was OK last year....(even though I read tuggers responses to the company not usually positive). There had always been several articles about travel....with tons of color pix...

Now....unfortunately, it is simply a book of over priced resale weeks for rent or sale.....But, still colorful.....

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Actually- it appears to be a pretty shoddy publication. The layout and editing is amateurish and it contains numerous spelling and usage errors. Another interesting factor about those ads- while it appears that there are many, they repeat an ad many times in the book so it appears they are full if inventory. Looks like an idiot's guide to travel written by a really big idiot. It's probably a front for a slick (or not so slick) resale company as everything is over $20,000!!

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen the current issue. However, previous issues have included various articles on the income tax aspects of timeshares, which were inaccurate and recommended treatments that are not in compliance with the tax law.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Blondie said:
It's probably a front for a slick (or not so slick) resale company as everything is over $20,000!!
That's correct.

From the "What we do..." section of their website:
TIMESHARE GLOBE specializes in the Vacation Industry by selling, renting, and buying any vacation home, land, condo or timeshare. We will find a solution for you!