• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Exit Team going down

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Not a smart guy then. There is case precedent that these broadcasters can be liable for repeating claims they have not verified.
That's the price of syndication. You become a person shilling for the highest bidder.

There is a local car show guy here who owns his own publication company and controls who advertises on his program. If he were to syndicate, he would lose that right.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Never heard of Dave Ramsey before this thread.

One would think if he is a respected financial guru, he would have turned down any opportunity to promote TET since I assume he controls his own program.

I second Brian’s comment about Clark Howard although I seldom if ever listen.

Cheers

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Dave Ramsey provides financial advice. For people who already own a timeshare, he is giving them bad financial advice. That is why he is to blame for who advertises on his radio show. If timeshares sell for $1 as he indicates in one of his videos, why pay TET thousands to get out of it when you could sell it for a dollar? Did he not think of that? Of course many timeshares don't sell for $1. There is no market. You can't even give them away. However, TET will often just tell you to stop paying and then your timeshare goes in to foreclosure and it taken back. According to the original complaint in the OP, TET considers that a success and not grounds for a refund per their policy. If one had known that upfront, they would have just let their timeshare go into foreclosure for free without the help of TET.

Herbaltees

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fantasea @ Atlantic Palace
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Skyline & Glacier Canyon
Club Wyndham Access
Another spokesperson for TET was Steve Harvey. Thumbs down
Which I always thought was in poor taste because a while ago they were promoting the Disney Timeshare pretty hard. Took the whole on air talent team to HI and then the next year they were promoting TET.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
There's a guy/company advertising very aggressively here in the Milwaukee area on radio, especially. I need to find out more about who he is & his company name. Follow-up to come.

Wesley Financial Group! Heard their ad twice yesterday on my drive home and out to dinner. (I also saw their name referenced in the "Google stalking" thread.)

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wesley Financial Group! Heard their ad twice yesterday on my drive home and out to dinner. (I also saw their name referenced in the "Google stalking" thread.)

WFG’s owner and CEO is Chuck McDowell.

Chuck McDowell who filed for bankruptcy 3 times between 1999 – 2007; had about 7 different Federal tax liens between 2005 – 2016; and at least 2 small claims judgments in 1999

According to public records, Chuck McDowell has filed for bankruptcy three times. In 1999, he voluntarily filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. In 2002, he once again filed for voluntary bankruptcy, but this time he used Chapter 13. Then, just five years later in 2007, he filed for another voluntary Chapter 7 bankruptcy.[7] What does this indicate about his personal financial management strategy? Also, public records show 14 entries for judgment and lien filings that are primarily IRS tax and federal liens.[8] What does this suggest about his personal financial tax management strategy?

Why does a small company like WFG have or need 20 vice presidents as of 2019? What kind of company needs twenty people to do the job of vice president?

Wesley Financial Group, LLC
Company size
51-200 employees

McDowell sold time shares for Wyndham Hotels and Resorts between 2007 and 2008. He said he and other sales representatives deceived customers by describing the purchase as an investment, implying it will increase in value over time.After McDowell left Wyndham, friends started offering him money to get them out of time share contracts.

After careful consideration, we have assessed a 4.0/5.0 MyTER Rating. Wesley Financial Group has positive reviews on all platforms, and we ideally want our clients to pay no up-front fees because we understand timeshares are a financial burden, and paying to get out is another burden. What if Wesley Financial Group filed bankruptcy, which we doubt, the in-writing 100% money-back guarantee would not hold. If you need the extra layer of protection, try a company that has an escrow option. Below is a review of a Wesley Financial Group customer who was pleased with their services.

Wesley Financial Group has mixed ratings on multiple platforms, and they are a reliable timeshare exit company with no indication of being a scam. Due to the recent suspension, we suggest you reach out to us before working with WFG. Wesley Financial Group puts their clients first, and this can be seen by numerous positive reviews on Trustpilot. We would have liked if WFG used attorneys, but we could not find any conclusive detail if they did not. If you have a timeshare with a mortgage and maintenance fees, Wesley Financial Group can help you get rid of this liability permanently

I wonder how much Chuck McDowell paid for that review? :ponder:

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
In one of his commercials he states he "lied to sell timeshares" . . . and that he "won a federal case against the largest timeshare company in the world" (which I assumed referred to Wyndham).

He also said he formed Wesley Financial Group, because he was "afraid of going to hell for lying." LOL

Arusso

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk
Very surprised Ramsey seems to have given his endorsement to a Timeshare Exit company. While he is knowledgeable about the industry and I believe he has been very consistent in advising against any ownership product associated with the industry, he is very careful to warn consumers against all sorts of potential or real scams perpetuated by the financial services and banking industries. That said, either he has no knowledge of this company and did the commercial before he had the opportunity to verify whether its claims are valid and ethical or he is contractually compelled to do the commercial regardless of what he thinks......

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
What it all about a big dollars pay off for this commercial endorsement

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
WFG’s owner and CEO is Chuck McDowell.

Chuck McDowell who filed for bankruptcy 3 times between 1999 – 2007; had about 7 different Federal tax liens between 2005 – 2016; and at least 2 small claims judgments in 1999

According to public records, Chuck McDowell has filed for bankruptcy three times. In 1999, he voluntarily filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. In 2002, he once again filed for voluntary bankruptcy, but this time he used Chapter 13. Then, just five years later in 2007, he filed for another voluntary Chapter 7 bankruptcy.[7] What does this indicate about his personal financial management strategy? Also, public records show 14 entries for judgment and lien filings that are primarily IRS tax and federal liens.[8] What does this suggest about his personal financial tax management strategy?

Why does a small company like WFG have or need 20 vice presidents as of 2019? What kind of company needs twenty people to do the job of vice president?

Wesley Financial Group, LLC
Company size
51-200 employees

McDowell sold time shares for Wyndham Hotels and Resorts between 2007 and 2008. He said he and other sales representatives deceived customers by describing the purchase as an investment, implying it will increase in value over time.After McDowell left Wyndham, friends started offering him money to get them out of time share contracts.

After careful consideration, we have assessed a 4.0/5.0 MyTER Rating. Wesley Financial Group has positive reviews on all platforms, and we ideally want our clients to pay no up-front fees because we understand timeshares are a financial burden, and paying to get out is another burden. What if Wesley Financial Group filed bankruptcy, which we doubt, the in-writing 100% money-back guarantee would not hold. If you need the extra layer of protection, try a company that has an escrow option. Below is a review of a Wesley Financial Group customer who was pleased with their services.

Wesley Financial Group has mixed ratings on multiple platforms, and they are a reliable timeshare exit company with no indication of being a scam. Due to the recent suspension, we suggest you reach out to us before working with WFG. Wesley Financial Group puts their clients first, and this can be seen by numerous positive reviews on Trustpilot. We would have liked if WFG used attorneys, but we could not find any conclusive detail if they did not. If you have a timeshare with a mortgage and maintenance fees, Wesley Financial Group can help you get rid of this liability permanently

I wonder how much Chuck McDowell paid for that review? :ponder:

And don’t forget that Chuck McDowell was affiliated with another exit company called VO Group. That company is no longer in business with multiple people in prison.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
And don’t forget that Chuck McDowell was affiliated with another exit company called VO Group. That company is no longer in business with multiple people in prison.

Yea, Chucky is such a nice guy and an all around upstanding business man. :LOL:

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I take it you have never worked for a bank.

When I worked for one, I was an Assistant Vice President. You couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting 20 VP's.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
What it all about a big dollars pay off for this commercial endorsement
but many naive 'surprised' people, as you can see.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I take it you have never worked for a bank.

When I worked for one, I was an Assistant Vice President. You couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting 20 VP's.

I think also giving every employee the title of VP makes them sound more credible when counseling the rube to drop 5 grand on an "exit."

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think also giving every employee the title of VP makes them sound more credible when counseling the rube to drop 5 grand on an "exit."
As I said, I guess you have not worked for a bank.;)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It also often grants them the ability to sign contracts on behalf of the company.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Another article from yesterday about the AG filing a lawsuit against Timeshare Exit Team.

Dave Ramsey, you reading this???

Edited: interesting quotes from the article.

“ Ferguson claims Timeshare Exit Team is spending $1 million a month in advertising to attract new customers instead of managing its extensive case backlog.”

“The attorney general claims the fees Timeshare Exit Team collects up front can be as high as $8,795 for work that is then largely outsourced to third party vendors for as low as $500, allowing the timeshare exit company to pocket the majority of the payment.”

“The exits that are successful, Ferguson said, are through programs timeshare developers are already offering.”

And the best one:

In a statement, CEO Brandon Reed called the claims that customers can get out of their timeshares on their own “flat-out factually incorrect.”

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I saw Wesley Financial Group on my FB feed, and I commented that they are not going to help timeshare owners at all and it's a scam. The company blocked me from posting, but I still get the feed. Scammers.