• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

timeshare compliance

Ron89122

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
sapphire and vidanta
has anyone used timeshare compliance to try to get out of there timeshare and if so what was your experience

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Did you contact them? Or did they contact you? Do they want any amount of money up front? There is no magic formula that anyone has to legally get you out of a voluntarily signed contract.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
has anyone used timeshare compliance to try to get out of there timeshare and if so what was your experience

There's no magic wand to get out of your legal responsibility, so be very careful. Most of these "get out of Timeshare Companies" are nothing but scams, and many require up front cash.....

Would you pay upfront cash to your Real Estate Broker to sell your home? Of course not. Once they have the money they will disappear.

Either give your Timeshare away here on TUG, or see if the Resort is willing to take it back from you (Deed Back).

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score

Can you provide a few more details such as where the TS is located, how much you owe on the mortgage, and if you are up-to-date on your MFs or not?

I noticed you have one with Vidanta so I am assuming that it is in Mexico and that it is a Right-to-Use (RTU). If that is the case, most RTUs are just memberships and can be terminated by just stopping payments. You might get a barrage of collection calls and letters but those are more of an annoyance than a threat.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Ron89122

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
sapphire and vidanta
Can you provide a few more details such as where the TS is located, how much you owe on the mortgage, and if you are up-to-date on your MFs or not?

I noticed you have one with Vidanta so I am assuming that it is in Mexico and that it is a Right-to-Use (RTU). If that is the case, most RTUs are just memberships and can be terminated by just stopping payments. You might get a barrage of collection calls and letters but those are more of an annoyance than a threat.
yes vidanta is in mexico we are current but still owe 23000 and pay 450 a month would love to get rid of it.. how can I find out if its a RTU

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes vidanta is in mexico we are current but still owe 23000 and pay 450 a month would love to get rid of it.. how can I find out if its a RTU

As far as I know, all Mexican Timeshares are RTU (right to use). No deeded timeshares in Mexico.

Ron89122

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
sapphire and vidanta
Did you contact them? Or did they contact you? Do they want any amount of money up front? There is no magic formula that anyone has to legally get you out of a voluntarily signed contract.
I seen there ad on tv and contacted them.. yes they want 2000 up front to get me out of both TS

Ron89122

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
sapphire and vidanta
As far as I know, all Mexican Timeshares are RTU (right to use). No deeded timeshares in Mexico.

how can I find out for sure if vidanta is a RTU.. I really want to get rid of those payments

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
how can I find out for sure if vidanta is a RTU.. I really want to get rid of those payments

Go to the TUG Mexico Forum and post your question there if you don't think it is an RTU.

Other Vidanta will advise you it is.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I'm not an owner, but Vidanta is RTU. @Eric B @pittle and @T-Dot-Traveller are owners and can correct me if I'm wrong.

Those fee upfront companies aren't going to do anything for you that you can't do yourself (or learn from TUG/tuggers). You can find additional information by searching TUG for "stopping payment on Mexican timeshare" or something similar to that.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

It is a RTU - if you review your contract you will see details .

since it has a loan balance it makes it more complicated

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I seen there ad on tv and contacted them.. yes they want 2000 up front to get me out of both TS

If you choose to stop paying on the loan - there is a potential for a credit report hit
you can make this choice for $ 0

Paying $ 2000 to timeshare compliance is a complete waste of money

Lanswitch

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas South
The Gardens at West Maui
From what I understand , it’s virtually impossible to transfer ownership of a timeshare if it has not been fully paid for.
Others opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
From what I understand , it’s virtually impossible to transfer ownership of a timeshare if it has not been fully paid for.
Others opinions?
Worldmark is an exception / I believe you can find details in the TUG Worldmark sub forum.
Worldmark sells for positive dollars above $ 0.

by memory - an ebay listing of 6000 points could sell for $1300 + / 10,000 points - $2500+
occasionally you see will see an ebay sale significantly below the average - when you read the listing it will often mention assuming a loan balance .

Lanswitch

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas South
The Gardens at West Maui
Thanks. I didn’t know that.