• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Compliance Company

Rblack

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach
Is anyone familiar with Timeshare Compliance Company that is based in CA? If so, can you tell me if they are trustworthy?

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Never heard of them, but no, they are not.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Any chance it's just 1 more timeshare "exit" hornswoggle & timeshare "cancellation" bamboozle ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Rblack

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok, thanks for the feedback

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How do you know about them? Did they call or email you?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)

. . . because if they contacted you, that is the first indication of a scam.

(The second is when they say they can sell your timeshare for a price that you know is too good to be true.)

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with Timeshare Compliance Company that is based in CA? If so, can you tell me if they are trustworthy?

How did you come to hear of them? What are they promising to do for you and for how much? What are you hoping to accomplish by using this company?

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I googled them. Minimal information on fees, but one client said $3,949. OP, you can do it yourself for free.

Rblack

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How did you come to hear of them? What are they promising to do for you and for how much? What are you hoping to accomplish by using this company?
We have been looking for ways to sell our Timeshare outright to get it off our hands. I realize we only have time to sell, not physical property. We have never used it very much at all making it a giant vortex or Black Hole for a significate amount of money! Every time I talk to a Wyndham representative, promises swirl around and when the dust settles, we always owe more money than before to save more! Somehow that never magically appears. I'm over the Wyndham shell games totally at this point. I'm tired of getting the shaft every time with what appears to be nice people upfront to help you and then a knife in the back once we are done! I would not recommend Wyndham to my enemies as they are a nightmare to us!

Now for the exit company, I don't know how much they are as we have an appointment to talk with them. We looked them up when looking for avenues to get out of a timeshare. I realize exit companies are a bad word on sites such as this one after joining recently to see if there were other options. We are pretty much out of options and I can't afford to talk to a Wyndham rep anymore because they are never upfront with us! Is this exit company sharks circling for blood, maybe? We have been bloodied from Wyndham for quite a while now and I don't trust Wyndham as far as I can throw them anymore. We don't even bother making reservations anymore if we can get them! The exit company wants to see what they can do as far as getting us out from under this contract. I'm not currently seeing how that would be possible, but I'll listen as they would only be as bad as Wyndham at this point selling us something that will never happen. Bottom line, I want out of Wyndham's clutches to never look back at another timeshare again in my lifetime!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We have been looking for ways to sell our Timeshare outright to get it off our hands. I realize we only have time to sell, not physical property. We have never used it very much at all making it a giant vortex or Black Hole for a significate amount of money! Every time I talk to a Wyndham representative, promises swirl around and when the dust settles, we always owe more money than before to save more! Somehow that never magically appears. I'm over the Wyndham shell games totally at this point. I'm tired of getting the shaft every time with what appears to be nice people upfront to help you and then a knife in the back once we are done! I would not recommend Wyndham to my enemies as they are a nightmare to us!

Now for the exit company, I don't know how much they are as we have an appointment to talk with them. We looked them up when looking for avenues to get out of a timeshare. I realize exit companies are a bad word on sites such as this one after joining recently to see if there were other options. We are pretty much out of options and I can't afford to talk to a Wyndham rep anymore because they are never upfront with us! Is this exit company sharks circling for blood, maybe? We have been bloodied from Wyndham for quite a while now and I don't trust Wyndham as far as I can throw them anymore. We don't even bother making reservations anymore if we can get them! The exit company wants to see what they can do as far as getting us out from under this contract. I'm not currently seeing how that would be possible, but I'll listen as they would only be as bad as Wyndham at this point selling us something that will never happen. Bottom line, I want out of Wyndham's clutches to never look back at another timeshare again in my lifetime!
The reality is that the exit company is going to sell you the same way the timeshare company did. With fuzzy math and a bed of lies. Why can't you find prices to the services of exit companies online? For the very same reason you can't really ever get a price of a timeshare from the developer online. They need to pitch it to you with fuzzy numbers and untruths to make it look like a great value. The truth is, the exit company won't do anything for you that you can't do on your own. I suspect you still have a mortgage against your Wyndham timeshare? Otherwise you would have been able to use one of their programs to exit through them

Rblack

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The reality is that the exit company is going to sell you the same way the timeshare company did. With fuzzy math and a bed of lies. Why can't you find prices to the services of exit companies online? For the very same reason you can't really ever get a price of a timeshare from the developer online. They need to pitch it to you with fuzzy numbers and untruths to make it look like a great value. The truth is, the exit company won't do anything for you that you can't do on your own. I suspect you still have a mortgage against your Wyndham timeshare? Otherwise you would have been able to use one of their programs to exit through them
Yes, we still have a mortgage with Wyndham and as stated before, every time we talk, we end up owing more after their shells come to rest.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, we still have a mortgage with Wyndham and as stated before, every time we talk, we end up owing more after their shells come to rest.

If you owe money on it then no one will be interested. Also, you will end up throwing money at it if you use any company labeled as an exit team.

Rblack

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you owe money on it then no one will be interested. Also, you will end up throwing money at it if you use any company labeled as an exit team.

Throwing money at the exit team? Yes, I assumed that might be the case.

Rblack

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
. . . because if they contacted you, that is the first indication of a scam.

(The second is when they say they can sell your timeshare for a price that you know is too good to be true.)
I looked them up and contacted them. So far, they haven't promised anything. We will have a conference call today to see what they can or can't do and how much more money I must spend. In reality, I'm not expecting to get a lot from this, just checking to see what they have to say, just like Wyndham does every time I sit down with them.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the official Wyndham exit program:

Given you still have a mortgage, you may be in a bind. It's unlikely they'll take it back if you owe a significant amount. If you contact this division, REFUSE to talk to any sales people and let them know you are ONLY looking for a way completely out!

Also, read here for other's experiences:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
ocdb8r has provided you with valuable links!

The links won't help if they owe a balance on a mortgage for the week. Wyndham simply won't take back a timeshare week with a mortgage attached. It has to be paid in full. Deed in lieu of foreclosure is an option, but that will require the OP to be in default.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will have a conference call today to see what they can or can't do and how much more money I must spend. In reality, I'm not expecting to get a lot from this, just checking to see what they have to say...

Likely they will give you a sermon on how evil Wyndham is; how hard it is to get out of your contract; how your kids will be burdened with this if/when you die; how your credit score and rating will take a beating if you default; how your MFs and possible special assessments will skyrocket over the next few years making it progressively harder each year to get rid of your TS; how you will face a barrage of collection calls and letters.

However, for the low, low price of (somewhere in the neighbourhood of $4000), we can make this all go away including your mortgage.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I looked them up and contacted them. So far, they haven't promised anything. We will have a conference call today to see what they can or can't do and how much more money I must spend. In reality, I'm not expecting to get a lot from this, just checking to see what they have to say, just like Wyndham does every time I sit down with them.
Once you find out how much money they want to get you out, say thanks and hang up. Realize that they literally can not do anything for you that you can’t do yourself. Apply that money towards your mortgage. Pay off the mortgage as fast as you can. Then you could perhaps sell your contract (or several contracts, if you’ve been adding on each time they lied to you) or give them back via Wyndham’s Certified Exit program, which is legitimate.

FYI we are in process of giving back our Shell Vacations Club (owned by Wyndham) via the Certified Exit program. We’re responsible for paying the monthly member fees until the transfer is completed. No additional cost.