• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Time window for trading Weeks for Marriott Rewards Points?

truth1ness

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the time window for trading weeks for Marriott Rewards Points? Does the exchange need to be made before the start of the usage year or could you make this exchange at any time before the week expires?

Does the amount of points change if you do this conversion at the very end of your window when the week is at its weakest?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
The deadline to exchange an eligible Week for Marriott Rewards Points is Dec 31st of the year preceding the Use Year (for example, you must make the exchange of a 2017 Week by 12/31/16.) The amount of MRPoints stays the same regardless of when you elect the exchange. They advise that the MRP will show up in your account in January following the deadline but we have sometimes seen them earlier, shortly after making the exchange whenever that may be.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you make the trade for MR points now, the points should post within a couple days. Usually, the points post in September for weeks traded before then. Weeks traded in or after September will usually post in a couple days. They will tell you on the phone that they will post in January, but they are just under promising.

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the time window for trading weeks for Marriott Rewards Points? Does the exchange need to be made before the start of the usage year or could you make this exchange at any time before the week expires?

Does the amount of points change if you do this conversion at the very end of your window when the week is at its weakest?

I requested a trade for points in mid-Oct for a 2017 week and am still waiting for them to post to my MR points account.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I requested a trade for points in mid-Oct for a 2017 week and am still waiting for them to post to my MR points account.
Interesting. We traded our week for points around the same time and they posted right away. Good thing they did as we were using the points for a travel package to take advantage of the United miles bonus offer.

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. We traded our week for points around the same time and they posted right away. Good thing they did as we were using the points for a travel package to take advantage of the United miles bonus offer.

JUst got off the phone with MVCI. POints have not posted although requested on 9/28. Got the usual Marriott run around about points not guaranteed to be posted until Jan 1. Spoke to a supervisor and got the same answer. Told her about posts here saying points were posted within a short time frame for some people so why not mine??? She said computer decides when to post them. I told her I was very unhappy that some owners got their points posted very quickly and mine were still MIA. I have traded for MR points multiple times over the years and have never had a delay like this. Not a happy camper. Wonder if it is worth a call to executive office. My complaint is why are all owners not treated equally? Sounds like I am being discriminated against.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It is odd that they haven't posted yet, even though they have their "official" line. Not sure if executive office will help. I don't know what their rhyme or reason is to when and how they post points.

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
My point is that owners are not being treated equally when it comes to this. IF owner Jones and owner smith select the option to trade for points at the same time how can Marriott Possibly justify allowing Jones to have use of his points within a very short time frame but then tell Smith he cannot have use of his points until after the,officially established deadline date. When I asked why some owners had their points posted within a very short time frame I was told "Well sometimes that happens". What kind of a meaningless answer is that? Either post points quickly for everyone or make everyone wait until the Jan 1 date.
My Marriott experiences this year have not been good ones. First earlier this year I had the debacle associated with transferring the records of ownership from my deceased husband's and my name as joint owners into just my name. That effort required me to undertake multiple phone calls and spend a total of about 3 hours of my time on hold and in conversation with various MVCI reps and supervisors before they got it right ending with a final piece of correspondence addressed to me advising me that all the records had been properly updated to reflect a change of ownership to someone's name I never heard of. Yup, Marriott is not winning any good service kudos from me this year.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
My point is that owners are not being treated equally when it comes to this. IF owner Jones and owner smith select the option to trade for points at the same time how can Marriott Possibly justify allowing Jones to have use of his points within a very short time frame but then tell Smith he cannot have use of his points until after the,officially established deadline date. When I asked why some owners had their points posted within a very short time frame I was told "Well sometimes that happens". What kind of a meaningless answer is that? Either post points quickly for everyone or make everyone wait until the Jan 1 date.
Can't disagree with that. Over the years, Marriott has built its success on consistency. Where is the consistency in this.

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
I did the same for a travel pkg. requesting AA miles. AA was offering a 20% bonus (144K miles) thru Nov. 14th. My trade involved MR points from Ocean Watch and they posted within 3 or 4 days of the online requested trade. I've done this many times and, as far as I can remember, I've always received the points into my account in a few days.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I did the same for a travel pkg. requesting AA miles. AA was offering a 20% bonus (144K miles) thru Nov. 14th. My trade involved MR points from Ocean Watch and they posted within 3 or 4 days of the online requested trade. I've done this many times and, as far as I can remember, I've always received the points into my account in a few days.
I also did it online. KathyPet, did you do your trade for points on the phone? It shouldn't matter, just wondering if it could be the difference?

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also did it online. KathyPet, did you do your trade for points on the phone? It shouldn't matter, just wondering if it could be the difference?

I did it on line and the MVCI website under my history for MGO shows 2017 week traded for points with a date of 9/28 and a status of complete. I have had enough of this run around and being bounced between the MVCI owner reps and the MR CS reps. I am going to Corp with this. DOes anyone have the telephone number for the CS people in the Executive Offices?

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I did it on line and the MVCI website under my history for MGO shows 2017 week traded for points with a date of 9/28 and a status of complete. I have had enough of this run around and being bounced between the MVCI owner reps and the MR CS reps. I am going to Corp with this. DOes anyone have the telephone number for the CS people in the Executive Offices?
This would be my concern, that maybe your miles dropped through the crack. The fact that your online account shows it has "complete" is evidence to me that something might be wrong. Contacting corporate at this point seems the right approach to me.