• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Time To Pay Attention To Those 49ers!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did the 49ers look that good or did the Packers just look that bad? There will be a real test next week against the red-hot Ravens. Speaking of which, were the Ravens that good or were the Rams just that bad on Monday night?

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I went to the Niners game and had a great time. The fans were very much into it more so than I have seen in several years. Winning does that.

I think it was a combination of the Niners playing well and the Packers not executing. I didn’t expect that from the Packers. With a banged up offensive line and a strong rush from the Niners the Packers tried to rely on quick short passes for the most part. That didn’t work. The Niners kept a good balance between run and pass plays and hit on a couple of chunk plays to Kittle and Samuel.

Baltimore is going to be a tough game, especially playing them back east. I hope we play well in bad conditions and can pull it out. I think they need to put a spy focused solely on Jackson. He is a game changer.

The Rams? Glad to see it. Their offensive line is in bad shape and Goff is coming back down to earth after a great year last year. It shows how hard it is to sustain a high level of success in the NFL. The Patriots seem to be the exception.

Best regards.

Mike

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will give three (3) points to the Raven to win, if it is below 32 degrees on game day.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
The Forty Nines do not have any ease schedule after this like New England. Their last game of the season will be with Seattle.
An amazing stat on the Sunday Night Football broadcast earlier this week with the 49ers-Packers: Al Michaels said that the Niners' three-game stretch vs. Packers, Ravens, and Saints is the first time in the Super Bowl era (more than 50 years) that any team has had to face three teams back-to-back-to-back with winning percentages of .800 or higher (having played 10 games or more in their season). Amazing. It may be how the schedule falls, but it doesn't make it any easier. If the Niners can come through this brutal stretch winning two of three, that will be a great accomplishment.

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
An amazing stat on the Sunday Night Football broadcast earlier this week with the 49ers-Packers: Al Michaels said that the Niners' three-game stretch vs. Packers, Ravens, and Saints is the first time in the Super Bowl era (more than 50 years) that any team has had to face to three teams back-to-back-to-back with record winning percentages of .800 or higher (having played 10 games or more in their season). Amazing. It may be how the schedule falls, but it doesn't make it any easier. If the Niners can come through this brutal stretch winning two of three, that will be a great accomplishment.

Agreed. As much as I would love to see them beat the Ravens and Saints it will be more important to beat the Saints as that would be a tie breaker if they end up tied with them. This is going to be very fun to watch.

Best regards.

Mike

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Very tough loss in terrible conditions for the Good Guys, but I'm encouraged, despite the loss. Lamar Jackson is incredibly talented, and the Niners' defense did an admirable job keeping him bottled up for most of the game. I like the Niners' chances if they happen to get a re-match on a neutral field (and yes, there's only scenario under which that happens!).

One observation: the Niners' two losses this season have occurred on game-ending field goals by the Seahawks and the Ravens--after the Niners' kickers had blown earlier field goal attempts. The 49ers' clear weakness is their kicking game, and it has cost them dearly this year.

It doesn't get easier this coming Sunday in NOLA. Go Niners!!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hit this one right on the nose. It was cold, raining and snowing The Raven won by only three(3) points.
I will give three (3) points to the Raven to win, if it is below 32 degrees on game day.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Forty Niners are an excellent football team. Their only two (2) losses have come against teams with winning records (Seahawks and the Raven). IMHO.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Seahawks and the 49ers have the toughest final games schedule in the NFL this season’s.
IMHO.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
That's what happens when you play in a division as strong as the NFC West is this year, and the divisional rotations exclude the weaker divisions. Kind of like the obverse of the Patriots, who have had the good fortune of generally having at most one competitive team in their division.

Consider that the Cardinals might not be nearly as bad as their record. They just have six games with Hawks, Niners, and Rams. Then, their rotational schedules have put them up against Saints, Ravens, Steelers.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Final Regular Game of the Season: 49ers vs Seahawks in Seattle.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those Forty Niners just beat the New Orleans Saints 48 to 46 with a field goal with less than 20 seconds in the games. Those Forty Niners are for real.

Last edited:

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was a FUN game to watch (I have to admit that I like OFFENSE).

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
#1 Cowboys Fan, how can that be a fun game to watch and you are the #1 Cowboys Fan?
The Cowboys Team are in a funk right now, with no offense, no defense and in need of a new Head Coach. LOL.

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
pedro47, U forgot Cowboys are still in first place at 6-7...Now that's funny..But I know my Cowboys still have a chance..

Back on topic....49ers are for real..I thought Brees finished them off..But Garoppolo hung in there and got it done...Great game

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The stretch the Niners just came through--Packers at home, Ravens and Saints on the road--is the toughest three-game stretch in the NFL in the Super Bowl era if you count the cumulative records of the three opponents. To come through that 2-1 is amazing. And with the help of the Rams tonight in their defeat of the Seahawks, the 49ers now claim sole possession of the #1 seed in the playoffs with three games to go. Unfortunately, it doesn't get easier. They will play Atlanta at home (which certainly could be a dreaded "trap" game), the Rams at home, and the Seahawks on the road in that hellhole called Century Link Field. If the 49ers only hold a one-game lead against Seattle going into that game, Seattle can still clinch the division title and a first-week bye if they win, as they have already beaten San Francisco once before this season. Wow...what a year. That Saints game will probably go down as the game of the year in the NFL. George Kittle's catch and run, with two NOLA defenders hanging on to his facemask, was epic. Go Niners!

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
That game yesterday was a true shoot out and as it often does, it came down to who had the ball last. It was great to see Jimmy and the offense when the defense had a tough game. The upcoming games will be tough as Atlanta is unpredictable this year and is playing better lately, the Rams is a rivalry game as is Seattle. Fun times!

Best regards.

Mike

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I was at the Montana-Fouts game where Niners lost 41-40 with no punts.

To score 46 points and lose - ouch!

Remember when the Saints went 13-3 and did not make playoffs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a dirty shame two (2) of the very best teams in the NFL, with the best overall records are playing one another in the final regular game of the season. What away the NFL have scripted this game to boast their television ratings.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
The Niners have played in a number of very close games and have won most of them. Not always playing great in doing so, but well enough to win. Seattle has lost 3 home games this season IIRC, which is very unusual. But, you know the 12 man for Seattle will be raucous on Sunday. It should be another great game between these two teams. Hopefully the Niners can pull out another win.

Best regards.

Mike

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When I started this thread back in early October, I had no idea how the 49ers' regular season would turn out. But wow--what a season to remember. They were criticized for having played an easy schedule in the first half of the season. But they more than made up for that in the 2nd half, with two games against Seattle, against the 2nd-seeded Packers, at the 3rd-seeded Saints and the 1st-seeded Ravens, against the losing team from last year's Super Bowl, the Rams. The only "gimme" game in the 2nd half was a game they lost, by an inch on the last play against the Atlanta Falcons.

Now, by virtue of having won a game by an inch against their archrival Seahawks in that hell-hole called Century Link Field, the Niners have a first-round bye and the assurance that they get two more home games, as long as they keep winning. They're dinged up, they're young, they're inexperienced. Their quarterback has never played in a playoff game before, just like 90% of their roster. But they are athletic, fast, aggressive--and with grizzled veterans like Joe Staley and Richard Sherman to help them understand what they're up against, they have a real shot at this thing.

And even if they don't run the table with three more wins and the franchise's 6th Super Bowl trophy, it will still be a magical season. Go Niners!!!