• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Time To Pay Attention To Those 49ers!

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Except for an all-too-brief renaissance from 2011-2013 under Jim Harbaugh, it's been a long drought for us 49ers fans since the glory days under Bill Walsh and George Siefert, with legendary players like Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, Keena Turner, Ronnie Lott, and many others.

But the 2019 version of this storied franchise is pretty darned good. Naysayers will tell us that the combined record of our opponents so far this year carry a decidedly unimpressive 5-15 record, so what's all the excitement about? Well, we fans have no control over the schedule (or anything else, for that matter), but we can sure describe what we're seeing.

• These 49ers are extremely athletic. They're mostly young, very fast, and very well-coached. It's a refreshing change to see how aggressive they are on defense, with a fearsome front 7 built with 5 1st round draft choices on the front line and backed by fast, tough, athletic linebackers. And the defensive backfield, which was considered a weakness at the beginning of the season, has been a bunch of ball hogs, reeling in 7 interceptions in the team's first 4 games.
  • They're playing together, and they have bought in to Coach Shanahan's system. Shanahan is an offensive guru, does an excellent job of preparation for each opponent, and has a gameplan that is built to exploit the opponent's weaknesses, not some pre-conceived formula.
  • For the first time in a long time, the team has some depth, especially on defense.
  • The team's receiver corps, while far from elite, has performed pretty well--especially All-Pro tight end George Kittle and rookie wide receiver Deebo Samuel.
There are certainly a lot of reasons to harbor doubts. The schedule gets a lot tougher in the 2nd half of the season, with dates against the Saints, the Seahawks twice, the Packers, the Rams, and the Ravens. But we'll get a true measure of what this team is made of as soon as this Sunday when the Niners travel to L.A. to face the reigning NFC Champs, the Rams. I have no illusions that it will be easy, but I think the Niners are poised to win this one. If they do, they'll have a commanding 2 1/2 game lead on the Rams in their own tough NFC West Division. Not insurmountable for the Rams, but definitely a steep hill to climb.

Yes, football fans, it's time to pay attention to the 49ers! :whooopie::cheer::cheer::whooopie:

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Except for an all-too-brief renaissance from 2011-2013 under Jim Harbaugh, it's been a long drought for us 49ers fans since the glory days under Bill Walsh and George Siefert, with legendary players like Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, Keena Turner, Ronnie Lott, and many others.

But the 2019 version of this storied franchise is pretty darned good. Naysayers will tell us that the combined record of our opponents so far this year carry a decidedly unimpressive 5-15 record, so what's all the excitement about? Well, we fans have no control over the schedule (or anything else, for that matter), but we can sure describe what we're seeing.

• These 49ers are extremely athletic. They're mostly young, very fast, and very well-coached. It's a refreshing change to see how aggressive they are on defense, with a fearsome front 7 built with 5 1st round draft choices on the front line and backed by fast, tough, athletic linebackers. And the defensive backfield, which was considered a weakness at the beginning of the season, has been a bunch of ball hogs, reeling in 7 interceptions in the team's first 4 games.
  • They're playing together, and they have bought in to Coach Shanahan's system. Shanahan is an offensive guru, does an excellent job of preparation for each opponent, and has a gameplan that is built to exploit the opponent's weaknesses, not some pre-conceived formula.
  • For the first time in a long time, the team has some depth, especially on defense.
  • The team's receiver corps, while far from elite, has performed pretty well--especially All-Pro tight end George Kittle and rookie wide receiver Deebo Samuel.
There are certainly a lot of reasons to harbor doubts. The schedule gets a lot tougher in the 2nd half of the season, with dates against the Saints, the Seahawks twice, the Packers, the Rams, and the Ravens. But we'll get a true measure of what this team is made of as soon as this Sunday when the Niners travel to L.A. to face the reigning NFC Champs, the Rams. I have no illusions that it will be easy, but I think the Niners are poised to win this one. If they do, they'll have a commanding 2 1/2 game lead on the Rams in their own tough NFC West Division. Not insurmountable for the Rams, but definitely a steep hill to climb.

Yes, football fans, it's time to pay attention to the 49ers! :whooopie::cheer::cheer::whooopie:

Love it! Nice write up.

They are definitely more interesting to watch. I was a season ticket holder from 1979 through the final year at Candlestick, so am happy to see them being relevant again. The defense is stout and Bosa may well end earning Defensive Rookie of the Year honors if he stays heathy and keeps playing the way he has been. The pressure applied by the front seven has definitely benefited the defensive backs, just as Shanahan and the GM predicted.

I do have concerns about two things. The fullback will be out for 4-6 weeks and he has been a key ingredient for the offense. Also our field goal team has suffered, because the long snappers have been terrible and that disrupts the timing. I believe Gould has missed more field goals this year than he has the two previous years combined. That could make a huge difference in close games with good teams.

I am hoping for the best. It’s a long season and anything can happen, but hopefully they overcome the obstacles and make it to the playoffs this year. Go Niners!

Best regards.

Mike

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We will see on 11 - 11 if the 49ers can beat Seahawk luck. I think the Seahawks will win in SF by 2 on 11-11 and by 3 in Seattle on 12-29.

Bill

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
It is clear that the NFC West is very strong this year with three competitive teams. The Niners have also struggled against Arizona in recent years, so we will see if they can overcome them too.

Best regards.

Mike

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Very true. The NFC West, which just a few years ago was the laughingstock of the NFL, is a very tough division now. Even Arizona, which is in rebuilding mode, is no pushover and has a good head coach and an exciting young QB. But, as Mike said, it's great to se that the Niners are relevant again!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now The NFC West is the most fun to watch and they have the most balanced teams in their division. IMHO.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Their defense is pretty scary. I'm interested to see how they treat my Deadskins in two weeks.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Big Matt, are the Deadskins the Washington Redskins? They are going to need twenty (22) angels on the football field to rescue this football season.

They need to clean house starting with the owner and the general manager. LOL

Did A. Peterson played this passed Sunday? He was the Only bright spot for the Skins
last year. What happen and why was he bench ?

The 49’s are going to beat the Skins by twenty (20) points in two (2) weeks
IMO.
LOL.:hi: :hi::hi::cheer::cheer::cheer: Three cheers for the 49’s.

Last edited:

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, they are winning the games they are playing but look at the teams they have played thus far. As you said, the schedule gets a lot tougher in the second half.
Yes, and the team is pretty beat up at this point. Two of their best offensive linemen are on the shelf for the next 4-6 weeks, they've lost their All Pro fullback for a similar period of time, and they are still waiting for the return of one of their receivers from the Injured List. I'm particularly concerned about the offensive line. They've been a stalwart for the team so far, but you can only fill so many holes--and the Rams have a fearsome pass rush.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
The 49ers certainly answered the question today. A great defensive effort and good enough offense to win another road game. And against the Rams! Go Niners!

Best regards.

Mike

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
The 49ers certainly answered the question today. A great defensive effort and good enough offense to win another road game. And against the Rams! Go Niners!

Best regards.

Mike
Though the first Rams drive, all running plays had my heart stopped for a few minutes. Thank Goodness Shanahan got the defense upright. Go Niners! On The Road to boot!!!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
They started to stomp on the Rams as soon as I put on my SF Niner logo T-shirt.
Go Niners!

Notice how many more Niner Fans then Rams Fans at the game?
Like Levi’s South...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO, that SF, defense is just awesome. They remind me of the old Pittsburgh Steelers and the Chicago Bears defensive teams. All in One Team.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That win was very impressive. The schedule is favorable to close out the first half--at the Redskins, home to Carolina, and at the Cardinals. And then the second half schedule begins, when the Niners will play the Seahawks twice, the Packers, the Saints, and the Rams. The Saints game will presumably be played against a fully-healed Drew Brees at New Orleans and the final game of the season will be played at Seattle.

One other key element of yesterday's win: for the first time this season, the Niners seem to have emerged from a game without any serious injuries. They're banged up, but scheduled to get most of their players back just in time for that second-half meat grinder.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
It will be nice to see the Seahawks doing this in the endzone on Nov 11.

Bill

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
It looks like their offence really came alive today.

The offense played well and made some big plays, but the defense absolutely dominated the Panthers. It was a very good balance today.

I am looking forward to the game at Arizona Thursday night. The Cardinals have owned us in recent years, so the team should be hyped up to perform well, especially in a nationally televised game.

Best regards.

Mike

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What I appreciate is how--finally--Jed York seems to have left the management of the team in the hands of football people like Shanahan and Lynch. He made great hires three years ago with these guys, and forced himself to have to be patient with them by giving them both concurrent six year contracts. Plenty of time to right the ship, undo all of the damage of the Trent Baalke era, and then build a winning team. We're only 7 games in in what is a long season, but wow. Wow. Wow.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
They struggle against the Cardinals in their last game. A team that does not have a winning record this football season. A team that scored eleven (11) points in the fourth quarter against one of the very best defensive team in the NFL.

LannyPC, I also can’t wait to see what happen when they play the Saints and the Packers later in this football season.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also can’t wait to see what happen when they play the Saints and the Packers later in this football season.

I guess we're going to have to wait. What I think will be more interesting is what the spreads bookies will place on the games (not that I'm a gambler, I just like to see predictions).

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
They struggle against the Cardinals in their last game. A team that does not have a winning record this football season. A team that scored eleven (11) points in the fourth quarter against one of the very best defensive team in the NFL.

LannyPC, I also can’t wait to see what happen when they play the Saints and the Packers later in this football season.

Did you watch this game play-by-play, or going by final score?

Take away the first AZ possession, and then about 3 plays/penalties (eg 88yd TD) for rest of game and AZ was pretty much dominated.

Kittle’s performance was epic. I didn’t know knees could bend that way.

I am not one to be putting them in the SB - one game at a time. The Seattle game next Monday is huge. Then, the next one, then the next...

I still remember the Vikings coming into Candlestick on Jan 9, 1988 in the 1st round of playoffs and beating the supposedly unbeatable Niners.
I recall this date because I was so depressed over the loss and vowed never to take football so seriously again.

I doubt they will go without a loss.
But in the meantime, they are now the only undefeated team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk