• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Time To Pay Attention To Those 49ers!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
What a collosal flop after the sting of the Wasp play, 3rd and 15, less than 8 minutes to play, down 10 points and Mahomes unleashes a 50 yard bomb. Niners never recovered from that one play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I actually thought it was over when sf got the ball back in the 4th qt. It was pretty cool to watch kc come back. All in all it was worth watching.

Bill

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
It was a good game. Not a Reid fan at all but they deservingly won.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hats off to the Kansas City organization, The Team, QB Mahomes and to their very humble Coach Andy Reid.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Three questionable, missed calls that hurt 49ers in 2020 Super Bowl loss.

Richard
What a surprise a bay area reporter wrote this. Kittle clearly pushed the defender TWICE, full extending his arm the second time= PI.

Garapolo was not out of bounds when hit. Not sure what he's watching.

The play where Garapolo closes ayes and throws ball up for grabs was not roughing. He hit him in the chest, then incidentally glanced the face mask if at all.

I'll give him the offside, but we replayed it numerous times and still hard to call in slow mo.

Of course the loss had nothing to do with the niners giving up giant chunk plays in the lat 10 minutes, playing soft (aka prevent), and Mahomes finally connecting passes. Sorry but SF choked this away as much as the Chiefs had a comeback.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Three questionable, missed calls that hurt 49ers in 2020 Super Bowl loss.

Richard
That analysis can be done on almost any NFL game, regular season or playoffs. Nowhere near the stiff that the Saints had last year vs. the Rams.

The only truly missed call was when the Niners got away with a delay of game that should have been called. Just because the actual play was a disaster for the Niners doesn't mean that allowing the Niners to run a play when they should have been penalized was something that favored the Niners.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
There were holding calls that were not called against both teams.

It was a very physical game played by both teams. IMO.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Calls were missed on both sides. That is football. I remember an obvious pass interference against SF that was not called. That one was verified by their rules expert that absolutely agreed with the Kittle PI call. I also remembe Mahones getting a hand to the face that was not called. If the calls being complained about were so bad they could have been challenged.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There were holding calls that were not called against both teams.

It was a very physical game played by both teams. IMO.
Holding - by the book - can be called on almost any play. So in any game inevitably someone can find holding calls that should have been called - involving both teams.

More generally, because the referees cannot see everything that happens on the field, there will always be penalties that should have been called that were missed. The most frustrating situations are when one player commits a cheap shot that causes the opponent to retaliate. The refs catch the retaliation, but not the more egregious initial offense.

But, really, all of that is part of the game, and in the long run all teams benefit from and are hurt by missed calls. About the only way to seriously attack that issue would be by having booth review of every play for missed or incorrect calls. But I don't think we want to get to a situation in which a play occurs, then the play is reviewed by booth officials before the next snap.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I was actually more surprised at the lack of calls (on both sides) for contact to the qb helmet. for a rule they were supposed to "emphasize" all year long...it sure seems to only apply to a select few notable quarterbacks.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
As disappointing as the result was for us Niners fans, we have to keep it all in perspective: this will still go down as one of the most surprising and accomplished seasons in 49ers history that did not result in a Super Bowl victory. Before the season began, the over/under on the Niners win total was 7 1/2. Betting the over meant a .500 season. Instead, the Niners won 15 games, including the most brutal three-game stretch during the regular season that any team has had to face in the Super Bowl era (three consecutive teams with records above .800, including two of those on the road).

Now the Niners go into an offseason filled with both high expectations and a glowing future. They're one of the youngest teams in the League with a brilliant head coach and a GM who works closely and cooperatively with that coach. There are some key re-signings they need to accomplish, not least of which is Arik Armstead, one of the members of that fearsome pass rush. But--for the first time in a very long time (including during the short-lived and volatile Jim Harbaugh era)--the 49ers have a solid team backed by solid management, a clear identity, and a bright and promising future. Go Niners!

vikingsholm

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
As a 49ers fan, I have to thank them for a brilliant season overall, providing lots of thrills and presenting almost a family-like atmosphere of good vibes among the players and fans. I hope they'll be back stronger than ever next year, and look forward to a rejuvenated team along with a newly healthy Warriors basketball franchise.

People slamming them on the internet are such crass jerks. They had a rough finish, but it happens, and they looked strong all season and even for most of the Superbowl. Stuff happens sometimes. It's just a game. Either team could have won this game, but only one team can.

Was happy for the Chiefs and their fans - they seemed like a young and hungry team who deserved and earned their place this time. Would rather lose to them than to the Seahawks, Ravens, or Patriots (in general, not talking just about the Superbowl) to whom a loss would be more discouraging, given their more arrogant attitudes. I can hope for a 49ers/Chiefs Superbowl rematch next year!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can hope for a 49ers/Chiefs Superbowl rematch next year!

I guess that would make it the first time there was a Super Bowl rematch the following year since the '92 and '93 seasons when the 'Boys won back-to-back against the Buffalo Bills (who lost their fourth SB in a row).