• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Time to Look for a Vacation Deal? ‘Travel Addicts” Are Planning Ahead

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Time to Look for a Vacation Deal? ‘Travel Addicts’ Are Planning Ahead.
Unfazed by the coronavirus crisis and tempted by plummeting airfares and hotel rates, some travelers are hunting for half-price holidays for summer and fall

Not long into the lockdown of his hometown, Rohit Rao, a Seattle-based air cargo manager, started planning his escape. Or make that escapes. A self-professed travel addict, Mr. Rao says that he’s taking advantage of hefty travel discounts to line up a slew of trips for later in the year—to Brazil, Madagascar and India, among other destinations. For Christmas vacation, he booked a vacation to Uruguay, in which he’s redeeming frequent-flier miles to nab a normally scare seat. “You never see that kind of availability at that time of year,” said Mr. Rao.

With no clear end in sight to the Covid-19 crisis, entire countries banning travelers and airlines mothballing much of their fleets, now hardly seems the right time to be planning your next vacation. And indeed, many travel agencies say new bookings have all but dried up. But after just weeks of the stay-at-home orders in effect around much of the U.S., a number of inveterate travelers are climbing the walls—and starting to plan ahead.

On FlyerTalk.com, an online forum for road warriors, a coronavirus travel thread was recently brimming with comments from frustrated travelers intent on taking a trip, even if the optics aren’t good. Indeed, about half of the 313 members responding to a FlyerTalk survey they plan to travel in the near future and to take advantage of recent flight and award deals.....

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Personally I think Summer and Fall are too early to be planning for. I think it will take longer than that for things to get back to the [new] normal.

And I say this after my sister and bil postponed their trip to visit us from April to September. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided not to come at all this year.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I am wondering if I will be able to go to Key West in November, Marco in December and my snowbird vacation January and February. Nothing at this point gives us the answer. It is wait and see what happens.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
My dh said yesterday that we should definitely cancel our trip to NYC in October. I'm still "wait and see", but most likely we'll cancel.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I am think i may still get to Hawaii this year, but agree that is really an unknown at this point... Looking at many of the models, the virus should drop off dramatically over the summer.. But that does not mean things go back to normal...

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
We are still trying to keep our summer plans but they are all local.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
HGVC is offering free club booking through May 31. You can only book 9 months out, but they are always free to change, even up to the day before (as long as it’s the same number of points). I booked in January (the furthest out I could) but will change our reservation to when we want to go. The fee this year was $67 and they generally go up a couple of dollars every year.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have Aruba booked for Thanksgiving and have credits with JetBlue from a recent cancellation. JB opened their schedule this week. I checked pricing, but not willing yet to commit to non refundable flights with them. I may make with points on SW which is easy enough to cancel.

DH said yesterday he envisions travel for a while to be to locations that you can drive to.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I spent ~$4000 on flights to Europe that's not gonna happen.
Delta has yet to waive change fees ($500) for June, so we're on hold.

When they do (it's inevitable), we'll use the credit for a trip to Norway
next March-April to see the Northern lights & fjords (hopefully).

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I'm a HUGE vacation and travel planner . . . and now being out of work would typically be the best time for me to be thinking & planning a trip (or several). But with all of the uncertainty, plus financial issues/concerns, I can see my way clear to think about anything other than worrying about the two trips I do have planned and (sorta) paid for in June & July.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh dear. We are planning my mom's memorial service in June, and have to fly. If the planes go, I am too. Otherwise, there just won't be one. But my sis has her ashes.
I will have to get out of Dodge sometime this summer, even local.