• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Time to give away my Platinum Marriott Harbour Lake 2Bedroom

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista / Harbour Lake
We've enjoyed using this resort each year and we're ready for a different Christmas adventure. We usually book building 14 or 15, easy to get to soccer field and pools, and in the back away from any noise. Most times we get lake views too.

Tons of amenities, and the perfect location close to i-4, universal, but on a quiet road (Westwood Blvd) vs I-Drive like other resorts. Not to mention a new shopping plaza went up 6 minutes away where you'll encounter virtually zero traffic getting there - new Target, Chipotle, and an Aldi is coming.

Buyer would pay Marriott transfer fee. I'll pay LT Transfers to handle the closing.

MF are due ($1500) so you'd have to pay those but at least you can use it for 2021. Let me know what week you want and I'll book it for you. (Week 51 is not available right now).

not interested in 'selling it', just want to give it to someone who needs it like others have done for me on this site.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Great week, great resort and it trades very well!

JeroMan

Reaction score
We've enjoyed using this resort each year and we're ready for a different Christmas adventure. We usually book building 14 or 15, easy to get to soccer field and pools, and in the back away from any noise. Most times we get lake views too.

Tons of amenities, and the perfect location close to i-4, universal, but on a quiet road (Westwood Blvd) vs I-Drive like other resorts. Not to mention a new shopping plaza went up 6 minutes away where you'll encounter virtually zero traffic getting there - new Target, Chipotle, and an Aldi is coming.

Buyer would pay Marriott transfer fee. I'll pay LT Transfers to handle the closing.

MF are due ($1500) so you'd have to pay those but at least you can use it for 2021. Let me know what week you want and I'll book it for you. (Week 51 is not available right now).

not interested in 'selling it', just want to give it to someone who needs it like others have done for me on this site.

Is this still available, I am interested.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is this still available, I am interested.
Yes it is. Working with a buyer but there is an issue with paying the MF $ to the title company in advanced. Would you be open to that?? I just want to make sure I get my $1500 back at closing since I'm 'giving' this away :) Already booked July 4th week for the new owner to trade or use (was the best week remaining)

JeroMan

Reaction score
Yes it is. Working with a buyer but there is an issue with paying the MF $ to the title company in advanced. Would you be open to that?? I just want to make sure I get my $1500 back at closing since I'm 'giving' this away :) Already booked July 4th week for the new owner to trade or use (was the best week remaining)
Sending pm.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is this still available?
Hey! Yes my last 'buyer' just backed out. Only thing you pay for is reimbursing me the 2021 MF I just paid and the marriott transfer fee ($95?)

let me know - still ready to give away this amazing platinum deal!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Hey! Yes my last 'buyer' just backed out. Only thing you pay for is reimbursing me the 2021 MF I just paid and the marriott transfer fee ($95?)

Marriott fees are;
ROFR Waiver Fee - $95
Transfer Fee - $25
Total - $120

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok awesome - so I just pay the $95 and the 'buyer' pays the MF fee that i paid and the $25 transfer fee.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Ok awesome - so I just pay the $95 and the 'buyer' pays the MF fee that i paid and the $25 transfer fee.
You can do it that way, or the buyer pays both fees. The ROFR fee is technically a buyers fee.

gilbbr

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sorry, I am just now seeing this. I own in Hyatt and am considering adding a Marriott so I can "see" Hyatt reservations in Interval as well. Do you know if I will need to pay for an additional Interval fee? What are the exchange fees like? Hyatt was so easy to research, but Marriott is a completely different beast. Is there a "points" value associated with the week?

For example, I can trade my 2950 3 bedroom Diamond season week at The Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, into 3x 1 bedroom weeks and 6 nights in a studio, or 5 weeks in a studio all in peak season.
This would primarily be used as a trader, so curious how it compares.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Sorry, I am just now seeing this. I own in Hyatt and am considering adding a Marriott so I can "see" Hyatt reservations in Interval as well. Do you know if I will need to pay for an additional Interval fee? What are the exchange fees like? Hyatt was so easy to research, but Marriott is a completely different beast. Is there a "points" value associated with the week?

For example, I can trade my 2950 3 bedroom Diamond season week at The Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, into 3x 1 bedroom weeks and 6 nights in a studio, or 5 weeks in a studio all in peak season.
This would primarily be used as a trader, so curious how it compares.
This week would not be able to be enrolled into the Marriott point program (for those who will point it out, at least not without a high priced developer purchase). There will be additional fees and as far as I know, you can't add this Marriott week to your II account that is associated with your Hyatt ownership. So you would have the following fees associated with this ownership;
  • II Annual Fee $99 (discounts for multiple years)
  • Marriott Lock Off Fee (to get two weeks for the MF of one) $90
    II Exchange Fee to Trade 1BR -$209
  • II Exchange Fee to Trade Studio - $209
  • II Upgrade Fees to upgrade 1BR to 2BR $198
  • II UPgrade Fees to upgrade Studio to 2BR - $99

This is of course the most fees you would pay in a year. There are discounts on upgrade fees if you are II gold or platinum. You may also not lock off or upgrade your units through II every year. But if you were to max out the fees it would be a whopping $904 a year on top of the MFs. In reality, one is better to trade this into another Marriott getting the Marriott to Marriott preference as well as the discounted Marriott to Marriott II Exchange Fee of $154 per week. Also carrying II platinum would save you the cost of the platinum membership just in the discounted upgrade fees.

cookie55

TUG Member
Reaction score

I am actually the first person this msg was sent to today. As some wonderful person helped us out as we have a handicapped mom and a silver rated timeshare and we’re looking for some help. I see this attracted many people unfortunately and can’t figure out if it’s even available. God bless you.

cookie55

TUG Member
Reaction score

Is this week only in December only. We are the couple with a handicapped mother. Thx you.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe OP is offering a floating platinum week which would be weeks 1-17, 22-34 and 51. Floating weeks are bookable for any week in your season.

santar72

Reaction score

I am interest in this if it is still available. I've sent a private message.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am interest in this if it is still available. I've sent a private message.
I just replied to your PM. Still available.

July 4th week is what I booked, it was the best prime week available for the platinum. I'm about to put it up on Redweek so hopefully I can give it away here and avoid more fees.

I paid the MF of $1525 now so that would have to be reimbursed at closing. I'll pay the ROFR $95 fee, you pay the $50 transfer to Marriott fee once its yours.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am shocked that this is still available over two months after you posted it!

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great Resort Generous Offer. Tuggers are the best. Question: The people that backed out on you were they long time Tuggers or newbie lookie lues?

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update: Someone on here is getting it. Just went through ROFR so it should be a done deal In about a month. Thanks everyone! Still have my 3bed gold Grandvista that's been wonderful to rent out through FL club. I got $2025 this year in June with Ocean Pointe. I got $2200 last year. Paid $2k originally on Ebay so I'm about half way reimbursed after 3 years of renting it out.

One day I'll get to use it!

lkc1234

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: Someone on here is getting it. Just went through ROFR so it should be a done deal In about a month. Thanks everyone! Still have my 3bed gold Grandvista that's been wonderful to rent out through FL club. I got $2025 this year in June with Ocean Pointe. I got $2200 last year. Paid $2k originally on Ebay so I'm about half way reimbursed after 3 years of renting it out.

One day I'll get to use it!
Is it still available?