• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Time for Starwood to add me?

Sunnydude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that I have a recorded deed at Kierland, how long does it take for Starwood to complete their end and me to be able to get an account setup?

Thanks.

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It varies- Starwood says 10 weeks, recently it has been as fast as 10 days, two years ago it was taking 16 weeks... Congratulations on your Kierland purchase, it is a beautiful property in a nice location.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
After the county records the deed, they send it back to the closing company and the closing company is supposed to send a copy to you and to Starwood - have they?

One options is to go to the counter recorder's office website and email or fax the recorded deed to Starwood yourself. See the details about how to do the in the Starwood Owner Resources sticky at the top of the forum, then scroll down to the Buying and Selling Sub-heading. You will find a link to the county recorder's offices and info. about Starwoods title office.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
SBP- our deed transferred to our name Dec 15. I called Starwood Jan 2 to pay my MF. The week was deposited in II Jan 3.

I did not receive anything from Starwood, just called & they had all the info.

H

Sunnydude

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent in a copy of my deed and got an autoresponse that they are busy with inquiries about MF. Will check with them next week. We leave for Kaanapali on the 13th (rented from a TUG member).

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Do you know if/when the closing company sent them the recorded deed?

Sunnydude

TUG Member
Reaction score
They said in an email on Tuesday that it would be sent in Wednesday....that being said, anything they have told me has a two week delay.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They said in an email on Tuesday that it would be sent in Wednesday....that being said, anything they have told me has a two week delay.

I wouldn't believe it - until they have sent you your copy as well.

Sunnydude

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't believe it - until they have sent you your copy as well.

They had emailed me the deed last Tuesday with a note that the filing was to be sent to Starwood the next day. I took advice of this board and sent in my copy. Received email today from the closing company saying they have sent everything in. Called Starwood today and they have no record of receiving from title company but they are working on the Jan 5th filings now. They found my email from the 6th and it should be recorded tomorrow or friday at the latest.

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
This means they are caught up in the recording department! :cheer: Those of you buying this year (we will NOT NOT NOT buy anything this year. Really.) will get much better turnaround.