• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

time for a new TUG logo for shirts etc- image/design experts needed!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the canvas tote i created with the other logo seems ok, but i dont see actual dimensions on it . pool/beach type totes that we have for actual use are HUGE, like you could carry a medium size child in it if necessary...while the ones ive seen offered on tspring seem somewhat useless as functional items. 13x12 would be used to carry what? im pretty sure every purse my wife owns is larger than that!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thinking about logo design earlier, I had the same thoughts, but with a smiling sunburst wearing sunglasses peeking out from behind the mountains. And somewhere on the edge of the mountains is a skier in the snow. It brings together seasonal and locational imagery, tied to things and places people like when taking timeshare trips.

So many options...

@TUGBrian is Cafe Press still around? They used to print on demand, as I recall. FWIW, Costco Photo is being taken over by Shutterfly, and they're talking about being able to print on things other than just flat photos. Wouldn't likely help for shirts, but might be a resource for other types of things.

Dave
they are yes, just tried to log in there...account invalid. may have to start over!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ha, let me in... they have a 15x15 canvas tote, but it wont let me update the larger vector image to it for some reason. *sigh.

can upload the tug2.net one, but not the tugbbs.com one...despite them being exactly the same size.

also cafe press prices seem to be MUCH cheaper than tspring! although it may be due to a current 40% off promotion they are running.

showing this for 12.99 (havent tried shipping yet)

totetest.jpg

not in love with that font, i was just slapping something together as a test.

sadly i think the yellow trees get washed out on the khaki canvas tote, ill probably have to order one to verify.

this one is 16x16 and white....but also 18.99

whitetote.jpg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
whitetote2.jpg

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Late to the party but why not a logo with a TUGboat?
images
Back in the early days I suggested a TUGboat logo to Brian's Dad and started working up a design but Bill didn't like the idea. I think he was concerned about confusion with tug.net, which at the time back then actually was a site dealing with tugboats, and I think is why he had to settle for tug2.net for TUG's main web site.

FWIW, tug.net appears not to be in use right now, and tug.com deals with kites.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
The hats and pool/beach bags are where your logo could be large and these products have a low price point. I thought about it and was told by a reliable source, (my wife ) that none of the women she knows would wear the tshirts but all of them would use the pool/beach bags. I could see me carrying these logo bags around the pool, beach and grocery store.

I think that polypropylene grocery bags with the Tug logo could be bought for very little and given away for shipping costs. I could be considered an advertising expense. They could be used at the regular stores at home plus as pool/beach totes at resorts. They are one size and color fits all.

Bill
And might enable a QR better than a tee shirt

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
fairly easy!

tugbbsqrcode.jpg

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
sadly i think the yellow trees get washed out on the khaki canvas tote, ill probably have to order one to verify.

View attachment 71975

Brian, maybe I missed it, but is there a reason the trees are the same color as the sun? Why not make the trees a forest green color? That way they'd stand out against any lighter background, and would make the sun colors different.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Brian, maybe I missed it, but is there a reason the trees are the same color as the sun? Why not make the trees a forest green color? That way they'd stand out against any lighter background, and would make the sun colors different.

Dave
no reason other than up until now, noone mentioned it =)

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I like the tote bag idea, because we could use it wherever and whenever, even several days in a row without having to launder it! The 16x16 would be large enough to carry groceries, if the canvas and stitching are strong enough.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I believe i have a handful of REALLY old totes with the OG graphic on them.

ill call them "vintage" and offer them up for giveaways!

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great to see the open exchange of ideas....
All great ideas and I hope many get used...

Just including an idea.... I like simple layouts and minimal to no graphics....
I don't have the programs to clean it up but here is a basic idea...
I like the top one better.... it actually looks tighter.
What do you think?
Pete

TUG Logo 2023.jpg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I actually like the staggered stair looking letters...but for me the words after kinda get lost in the design.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
ha, let me in... they have a 15x15 canvas tote, but it wont let me update the larger vector image to it for some reason. *sigh.

can upload the tug2.net one, but not the tugbbs.com one...despite them being exactly the same size.

also cafe press prices seem to be MUCH cheaper than tspring! although it may be due to a current 40% off promotion they are running.

showing this for 12.99 (havent tried shipping yet)

View attachment 71974

not in love with that font, i was just slapping something together as a test.

this one is 16x16 and white....but also 18.99

View attachment 71975

If they were polypropylene totes the cost would be low enough for us to give some away while we are at a resort. We have a Costco polypropylene grocery with a 10 inch flat bottom that I use at the beach for beverages and ice. I know that a case of Coors, a few packs of White Claw , a bunch of bottled water and a bag of ice fits and carries fine. They really don't get dirty because nothing sticks to them when rinsed. A QR code below TUG2.net and some color changes and you have a stellar logo bag.

Bill

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually that is the idea... If you just staggered letters, the name would have to be on a simple line above or below. Probably smaller.
The stagger allows you tie the big TUG to the name... it shows the link to the acronym... and allows the TUG to be seen from a distance but the name as you get closer.... I think the stagger looks empty without the words around it...
Here is a draft comparison.... What do you think?

TUG Logo 2023 B.jpg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the words mixed in with the letters just looks confusing and jumbled to me...but again thats just my opinion.

the bottom one is much cleaner!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Back in the early days I suggested a TUGboat logo to Brian's Dad and started working up a design but Bill didn't like the idea. I think he was concerned about confusion with tug.net, which at the time back then actually was a site dealing with tugboats, and I think is why he had to settle for tug2.net for TUG's main web site.

FWIW, tug.net appears not to be in use right now, and tug.com deals with kites.
FWIW Doug -

my issue with the tugboat is the same the I expressed with suitcases and the airplane - namely that the image does not connect to the website raison d'etre. We are a site for timeshare owners and users, not a site for tugboat users and owners.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Great to see the open exchange of ideas....
All great ideas and I hope many get used...

Just including an idea.... I like simple layouts and minimal to no graphics....
I don't have the programs to clean it up but here is a basic idea...
I like the top one better.... it actually looks tighter.
What do you think?
Pete

View attachment 72006
I really like your designs, this is something I would actually wear...

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the original (still my preference) and a higher stylized version.... just for ideas...
I kept looking at the staggered TUG but with a straight name and it looked empty.
So here is another version....

TUG Logo 2023 C.jpg

dvallefamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi there... Here are my samples to be critique. I only do black first to concentrate on the design, the onced the design is almost finalized I start adding colors. Please let me know if anyone would like to make changes, thank you.

tug_logo-02.jpg
tug_logo-01.jpg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ha, wow...those are pretty good!

my first impression however is similar to another one and while I like the design...it does seem to get away from the entire "timeshare" theme...if that makes sense?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Since people don’t want a travel themed logo and timeshares are “homes away from homes” and “vacation homes” etc. here are some more options more vacation/home themed

mo
0C64D598-E4DD-4F47-9758-853509E3A696.jpeg
2086C42E-B1EB-428D-8DF2-CBDD2DEAAA94.jpeg
07E41433-EDEC-4C9D-A0C7-CB3734D7383E.jpeg
36D015DE-8DA7-478F-854F-6C88CB41F52C.jpeg
EBB7C7E6-252E-406E-BA9F-F19324F56447.jpeg

dvallefamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
ha, wow...those are pretty good!

my first impression however is similar to another one and while I like the design...it does seem to get away from the entire "timeshare" theme...if that makes sense?
It does, thanks. Let me go back to drawing board. When is the deadline for these.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no deadline at all, this can be an ongoing thing as far as im concerned!

all that matters is that members like them and would purchase them if i make them available!