• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

time for a new TUG logo for shirts etc- image/design experts needed!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
so before i throw a dart at the wall (or type logo design into google) and throw money at some random 3rd party, Im going to poll the TUG collective for someone in marketing or design who might want to help design a logo or a new tshirt (or other items) to offer up for TUG members to buy/share...as well as for me to give away on occasion especially as we celebrate our 30th year!

id certainly rather pay someone within the community vs a random internet entity....so what say you? you dont have to post here publicly if you wish to remain anonymous!

simply shoot me a PM, or email to tugadmin@tug2.net with some ideas or your pitch (or if you know someone awesome at this!) and lets see where it goes! might even have more than one great idea to implement!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok first draft submission:

1674084329782.png

thoughts?

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I personally like something more graphic than illustrated. (I liked the "Keep Calm and Buy Resale" shirts.) Mostly, I want a shirt that doesn't have whatever-the-design-is plastered across the chest. Would love a v-neck version with the logo on the upper right/left pocket area. Or plastered across the back vs. the front. *sigh* I know it won't happen, but a girl can dream, right? ;)

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I like it. Works on a TShirt but a bit too busy if smaller on letterhead or website. Os there a way to simplify?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
TBH, it kinda has that same "clip art" look that the one from many years ago did. Just more modern. It looks familiar, is the main image from an online logo maker?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I like that design but smaller on the upper left on the shirt
81424579-4541-4B63-8681-80B0E5109D5F.jpeg

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Fiverr is another option for logo designs. Usually pretty cheap too.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I personally like something more graphic than illustrated. (I liked the "Keep Calm and Buy Resale" shirts.) Mostly, I want a shirt that doesn't have whatever-the-design-is plastered across the chest. Would love a v-neck version with the logo on the upper right/left pocket area. Or plastered across the back vs. the front. *sigh* I know it won't happen, but a girl can dream, right? ;)
i can absolutely add any text/phrase/etc to just about any tshirt we'd offer...this was just for a new logo design!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
TBH, it kinda has that same "clip art" look that the one from many years ago did. Just more modern. It looks familiar, is the main image from an online logo maker?
im not sure, it was created by an individual. I did show them all the existing tug logos including the oval (my profile) and the OG clipart from the early 90s!

im not against multiple ones, so if others come in that are awesome, ill use those too!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we still have an account with tspring (now called just spring i think)...and i did confirm with michael coley that he is still able to print shirts (and still sells the TUG ones in the sticky)...so we coudl incorporate whatever logo we decide onto some shirts sold by him as well!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ever since i started this journey, my fb feed is now full of logo designs and such.

I actually liked this alot! the old school gold flake etc.

afraid it would get too busy though...its neat (to me anyway)
font.jpg

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
this was something i was playing around with on a tshirt design site using default images

and what started my journey down trying to get someone more creative than me!

beachlogo.jpg

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I actually like the plane/luggage graphic alot!

one requirement is that it does need to say Timeshare Users Group, TUG, and tug2.net as part of the logo itself.
1674102713902.png

Perhaps this one but with tug2.net under "Timeshare Users Group"? It was created in Adobe Express (free), lots of options. The tug2.net would probably have to be added after downloading.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
just to confirm, id legit pay a bonafide graphic designer for a cool logo that everyone liked!

im also cool with diy options from the community!

the downside to that unfortunately is the quality of the image that needs to be produced to then upload to tspring or other such printing services needs to be EXTREMELY high quality, or itll look weird. especially if its blown up a bit to fit on a shirt etc.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
View attachment 71741

Perhaps this one but with tug2.net under "Timeshare Users Group"? It was created in Adobe Express (free), lots of options. The tug2.net would probably have to be added after downloading.
yep, that is actually quite cool (to me anyway).

my only change would be to make the circle whole vs broken (or even make it an oval to fit more text inside)...if on a tshirt i think it would look like it was peeling or fading? and perhaps playing with the font.

that would be one to make a great shirt with a phrase under it "making timeshare vacations better" or something travel related etc.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
just to confirm, id legit pay a bonafide graphic designer for a cool logo that everyone liked!

im also cool with diy options from the community!

the downside to that unfortunately is the quality of the image that needs to be produced to then upload to tspring or other such printing services needs to be EXTREMELY high quality, or itll look weird. especially if its blown up a bit to fit on a shirt etc.
Ultimately you need the image created in vector image format.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I actually like the plane/luggage graphic alot!

one requirement is that it does need to say Timeshare Users Group, TUG, and tug2.net as part of the logo itself.
B6F01EF7-EEAD-423C-936E-32CEDCC52076.jpeg
C0587260-79C1-4C2E-95A2-53F764E10B02.jpeg
1D59999F-6BB2-479D-8EE5-1F730E0D5B27.jpeg
BFD8C292-12CF-42BE-8CED-606FC94FB4F2.jpeg
061759CD-9614-45B1-94DD-FFA63A16CA7C.jpeg
71BE82EB-9017-4032-806B-985127B95551.jpeg
71BE82EB-9017-4032-806B-985127B95551.jpeg
5F4CB41B-BD1C-4E20-BEDB-CB090352A6F9.jpeg
FA8DF812-C47C-4DF0-812B-0F7AA4DAA56D.jpeg
F3DA6548-EA9B-49E0-86CF-7BCE75DB1B75.jpeg
7849D9C9-D6AF-47A6-A49A-070015ADCDA1.jpeg
E3BD5D49-942B-4A95-8346-0B8AB6E7E3F0.jpeg

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
yep, that is actually quite cool (to me anyway).

my only change would be to make the circle whole vs broken (or even make it an oval to fit more text inside)...if on a tshirt i think it would look like it was peeling or fading? and perhaps playing with the font.

that would be one to make a great shirt with a phrase under it "making timeshare vacations better" or something travel related etc.
I think the faded look is more modern. I also think that less is more. Too many words and it I’ll look clunky. I’d wear one of these logos without slogans or much on there.

Whenever I go to owners updates I always tell people to visit TUG and I usually give them the TUGBBS website. Maybe you can make different designs and styles. I’d buy a shirt with a smaller logo on the upper left if it had a design like the ones I sent.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ha! liking where these are going!

those first two i like very much, although the text is SUPER tiny and nearly unreadable for me at the bottom?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think the faded look is more modern. I also think that less is more. Too many words and it I’ll look clunky. I’d wear one of these logos without slogans or much on there.

Whenever I go to owners updates I always tell people to visit TUG and I usually give them the TUGBBS website. Maybe you can make different designs and styles. I’d buy a shirt with a smaller logo on the upper left if it had a design like the ones I sent.
it doesnt cost me anything to slap a logo on a shirt in tspring (provided i have the correct level graphic to put on it) and offer it up for sale!

I dont mark any of the items up on tspring, and offer free shipping so that its pretty much sold "as low as possible". the goal is to get folks to wear them, not a revenue stream!

I would still continue to offer a free membership renewal for any photos taken while on vacation wearing any of the TUG attire! so essentially its free shirts!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
it doesnt cost me anything to slap a logo on a shirt in tspring (provided i have the correct level graphic to put on it) and offer it up for sale!

I dont mark any of the items up on tspring, and offer free shipping so that its pretty much sold "as low as possible". the goal is to get folks to wear them, not a revenue stream!

I would still continue to offer a free membership renewal for any photos taken while on vacation wearing any of the TUG attire! so essentially its free shirts!
I’m a minimalist when it comes to clothing. The only time I wear anything other than black shirts is on vacation and then it’s usually just a white shirt haha.

If that’s the case, maybe offer 2-3 designs and let people choose? I’ll take this one in a medium HAH, I even like the color of the background for a shirt color.
F4EE89C6-CF5D-448A-9E12-8BFB63226B77.jpeg