• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tiger Woods in a horrible car accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish him a speedy and complete recovery. When the accident is a single occupant, single vehicle rollover- it's only good outcome is that no innocents were injured.

Jim

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We were up and down that hill hundreds of times while working. I'd pretty much ride the brake most of the way down. There are actually two escape lanes too, never saw them actually used but saw them looking like someone had been in them because otherwise they are raked smooth. Our home is on the opposite/east side of the hill off Western. Between Hawthorne where Tiger crashed and Western where we live is Crenshaw, which to me is just as difficult a downhill drive, if not more so, because I feel like the curve is greater -- no escape lanes on Crenshaw because it is pretty much high concrete retaining walls holding up the hillside.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of you who like documentaries - The Tiger doc on HBO is really good. What a story.

I hope he'll be ok.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hope he will be ok, terrible news

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Terrible news. Apparently no drug/alcohol tests as fire department was involved. Does not seem right.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wishing him well and a speedy recovery

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am praying he will recovery and be able to walk and be able to play golf with his son and his daughter.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Terrible news. Apparently no drug/alcohol tests as fire department was involved. Does not seem right.
He is not known to do alcohol at all. He was abusing painkillers back when he was in massive pain with his back and surgery and all.

Brett

Reaction score

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Takeaways from the Sheriff's press conference:
(1) No indication that he was impaired.
(2) He may have been speeding - it's easy to do on that stretch.
(3) Wearing a seatbelt and airbags prolly saved his life.
LA Times reports that he has a shattered ankle & two leg fractures (one of which was compound).

One resident said:
"“You don’t know how fast you can descend... If you’re not familiar with this area, it’s just really easy to go fast.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Local reports indicate that he was "rushed" leaving Terranea resort at the far south and east end of Hawthorne. They are filming something unrelated to golf and a director arriving at Terranea 7am-ish almost had Tiger hit his car. May have been late leaving for today's agenda and rushing down the steep curving road. Road is steep enough that I'd pray not to have to stop at the light at Blackhorse coming up hill -- my VW Rabbit was fine if I could get through the light, even slowly if traffic had been stopped. But if I had to come to a full stop, everyone behind me was very unhappy because it took so long to get going -- and this when the car was only 5-6 years old.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
He is not known to do alcohol at all. He was abusing painkillers back when he was in massive pain with his back and surgery and all.

Thats great. But single car crash like that in good weather and I would think every driver would be tested.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Thats great. But single car crash like that in good weather and I would think every driver would be tested.
I agree. I handle these type of accidents every day, and have never seen law enforcement so blatantly claim that there was no reason to seek a blood sample. The Sheriff's statements were so overboard and different than every other LA (and other) county accidents like this I have seen. His blood would have had a tox screen prior to surgery due to the use of anesthesia and painkillers, and the need for MDs to know what he had on board.

For the Sheriff to claim that a high speed accident involving a driver losing control crossing over the median into oncoming lanes and over a "cliff", with no skid marks (according to his department), in clear and dry daylight weather, with a driver with a history of dui, gives no reason to get the blood or tox results is unheard of. I can guarantee if it were me or any of you, they would already know the results.

It will be easy to know what the truth is. If there was nothing in his system, he will surely release his tox results from his records to end any speculation. If not, ... I'm hoping there was no impairment and he does the former.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
If a police officer stops a vehicle or responds to an accident ands wants to test for alcohol or drug impairment he has to have a reason. You can't just randomly test anybody for no reason. The legal term for this is known as reasonable suspicion. In this case it appears that no alcohol or other odors indicating drug use were observed. Due to injuries he was not able to take any field sobriety tests other than the Gaze Nystagmus. If he passed that, and not all police officers are trained in it, there would be no way to establish reasonable suspicion nor would the police have reason to suspect alcohol or drug involvement. I know some will dispute this but after 10 years in Highway Patrol in a large Dept and over 600 DWI arrests I'm a bit of an expert on this matter. My testimony in court is considered expert testimony.

All that said did this story really deserve 20 minutes on the evening news? I know Tiger is famous and I've followed his career since he appeared on the Johnny Carson show when he was about 5 years old but really. If this happened to you would it even make the news?

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I really hated the talking heads on TV speculating and bringing up his prior abuse of pain killers. No facts just speculation.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
I really hated the talking heads on TV speculating and bringing up his prior abuse of pain killers. No facts just speculation.

Oh, you mean like people in this thread? LOL. Geez people. It was 7am and he was late to meet two of his buddies! [Deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.