• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CLOSED: Thread Dedicated to the Upcoming/Anticipated Integration of Vistana & Marriott Ownerships (Marriott Link + Vistana Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I logged in today, and don't see anything different on my reservations or on what I own.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I notice we are not receiving confirmation emails for new reservations on Vistana.com. Has anyone made a reservation today? Did you get an email confirmation?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
I notice we are not receiving confirmation emails for new reservations on Vistana.com. Has anyone made a reservation today? Did you get an email confirmation?
Not the same I know but I changed the name on a reservation today and got the confirmation email.

samcar1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistanta 4*
Ok here’s another one. The website seemed to have dropped me from 4* to 3*. That can’t be possible. I have 470k options.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I made a reservation shortly after system backs up. I received email confirmation. Everything went through smoothly.

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
Ok here’s another one. The website seemed to have dropped me from 4* to 3*. That can’t be possible. I have 470k options.

Where on the website do you see your elite status?

samcar1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistanta 4*
Dashboard.
I emailed my guy. IT issues. Be on top of your stuff guys. It’s gonna take a bit.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
There is a separate thread on this topic;

samcar1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistanta 4*
im on the phon with them now. This woman is telling me end of summer. I thought someone said August 8? I think no one at Vistana has a clue.

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
im on the phon with them now. This woman is telling me end of summer. I thought someone said August 8? I think no one at Vistana has a clue.
Marriott may not know. They have to get everything working before they go live. Well hopefully that is their plan. Lol

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Like Dioxide has said, one gets the sense that this recent planned outage was likely a migration in the background to a magnitude which required taking the websites offline. It seems likely this migration was building the platform for them to launch and make visible to owners all the forthcoming changes when the moment arrives. When that moment arrives is anyone's guess but those that were betting it was happening at the end of this planned outage lost that bet ;)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I would expect if they are planning a new front end website (we know they are), they are probably (or should be) creating that in parallel to the existing site we all use. Then they go live they will just change the DNS pointers and we will go to the new site when accessing their existing website domains. A switch to the new site should be a flip of the switch and only require a couple hours of downtime. That said, this is Marriott Vacations IT we are talking about here.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Not the same I know but I changed the name on a reservation today and got the confirmation email.

I've been trying to get them to send me my confirmation on my explorer reservation. They last told me that they never send thay out, even though I have proof from previous explorer stays.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I've been trying to get them to send me my confirmation on my explorer reservation. They last told me that they never send thay out, even though I have proof from previous explorer stays.
The Explorer reservations and confirmations come from a whole different department, not connected to owner services. Have you tried calling the number you called to make the explorer reservation? Those are the people who should be able to help you with it.

Let me look, maybe I can find it.

Try 877-782-7018.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I received a confirmation after I went back in and resent it.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Nice work updating the website, now I see that waiting 15+ hours was worth it:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220803-142716.jpg
    Screenshot_20220803-142716.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 137

CKMason

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott may not know. They have to get everything working before they go live. Well hopefully that is their plan. Lol
I don't know how accurate this is, but we met with the Marriott salesperson at Shadow Ridge on July 31, and she said that our 177,000 Westin Flex contract [actually 2 totaling 177,000 Star Options] would translate into 6,100 MVCI Destination Club points. [29 StarOptions to 1 DC point]. She also claimed that the 177,000 StarOptions were "worth" $80,000--but didn't tell us who might buy them at that price.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
I don't know how accurate this is, but we met with the Marriott salesperson at Shadow Ridge on July 31, and she said that our 177,000 Westin Flex contract [actually 2 totaling 177,000 Star Options] would translate into 6,100 MVCI Destination Club points. [29 StarOptions to 1 DC point]. She also claimed that the 177,000 StarOptions were "worth" $80,000--but didn't tell us who might buy them at that price.
Did you buy the Westin Flex outright for cash/financing or did you also trade in weeks as equity towards it? If you traded weeks, they could be quoting you all the equity from the weeks you traded in plus any additional amount you paid. In my case, their sheet said I paid $49K for my 140,000 Sheraton Flex contract but I only paid $12K myself - the rest came from equity from original purchasers of the resale weeks I turned in (for which I had paid about $2K). My smaller 20,700 contract was valued at the $7K I paid with no trade-ins.

CKMason

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you buy the Westin Flex outright for cash/financing or did you also trade in weeks as equity towards it? If you traded weeks, they could be quoting you all the equity from the weeks you traded in plus any additional amount you paid. In my case, their sheet said I paid $49K for my 140,000 Sheraton Flex contract but I only paid $12K myself - the rest came from equity from original purchasers of the resale weeks I turned in (for which I had paid about $2K). My smaller 20,700 contract was valued at the $7K I paid with no trade-ins.
Yes, we didn't pay anywhere near the $80,000 quote. We traded in weeks and then paid cash for the remainder. I am not sure how the salesperson figured the translation between StarOptions and Marriott DC points. I just know it was better than the translation that a recent Vistana salesperson tried to sell us (33 StarOptions to 1 Marriott CD point). Right now, it is a moot point as we probably will not try to use our StarOptions for MVCI resorts.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
HARBORSIDE DC POINT ALLOCATION (PURE SPECULATION)

Perhaps someone got a concrete number from a salesperson, but I haven't seen it so I apologize if the (actual) info is already available.

Realizing these won't be included in Abound for some time, I used the chart posted by @kozykritter for points required to book HRA at various points during the year to try and guess how many points the HRA units will be allocated in Platinum and Gold seasons.

Methodology:

(1) Match the Vistana seasons with the Marriott booking chart (I may be off by 1 week here and there)
(2) Find the average points required to book a week in the Vistana season
(3) Haircut 7% (aka "skim")

This methodology is generally gets you very close to the actual point allocation by Marriott for various Marriott legacy weeks and also for WKV.

The results were as follows:

PLATINUM Season SPECULATED point allocation
Small 1BRLarge 1BR2BR2BR Lockoff3BR
2,122 DC Points2,711 DC Points3,861 DC Points4,428 DC Points5,261 DC Points

GOLD Season SPECULATED point allocation
1,507 DC Points1,997 DC Points2,802 DC Points3,292 DC Points3,882 DC Points

At first, I found it extremely odd that they did not have a point premium for 4th of July week in the Gold Season (week 26) , as there is a large rental premium. But then I looked up some of their FL coastal weeks (Ocean Pointe, Oceana Palms, Crystal Shores) which are basically the same weather, and saw they also don't have a premium point booking requirement for the 4th of July weeks at those resorts either.

Here is the spreadsheet with the numbers, in case someone wants to try and do this for another resort/season.

1659888534249.png

Last edited:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HARBORSIDE DC POINT ALLOCATION (PURE SPECULATION)

Perhaps someone got a concrete number from a salesperson, but I haven't seen it so I apologize if the info is already available.

Realizing these won't be included in Abound for some time, I used the chart posted by @kozykritter for points required to book HRA at various points during the year to try and guess how many points the HRA units will be allocated in Platinum and Gold seasons.

Methodology:

(1) Match the Vistana seasons with the Marriott booking chart (I may be off by 1 week here and there)
(2) Find the average points required to book a week in the Vistana season
(3) Haircut 7% (aka "skim")

This methodology is generally gets you very close to the actual point allocation by Marriott for various Marriott legacy weeks and also for WKV.

The results were as follows:

PLATINUM Season SPECULATED point allocation
2,122 DC Points2,711 DC Points3,861 DC Points4,428 DC Points5,261 DC Points

GOLD Season SPECULATED point allocation
1,507 DC Points1,997 DC Points2,802 DC Points3,292 DC Points3,882 DC Points

At first, I found it extremely odd that they did not have a point premium for 4th of July week in the Gold Season (week 26) , as there is a large rental premium. But then I looked up some of their FL coastal weeks (Ocean Pointe, Oceana Palms, Crystal Shores) which are basically the same weather, and saw they also don't have a premium point booking requirement for the 4th of July weeks at those resorts either.

Here is the spreadsheet with the numbers, in case someone wants to try and do this for another resort/season.

View attachment 61906
Thank you for your hard work on this. Let’s hope it’s close to this if they do work out the issues that are preventing this from being included in the initial launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.