• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thoughts on the upcoming changes to Interval Hub

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Summer Disney Files arrived with the announcement of the roll out later this year of Interval Hotel Hub…ONLY AVAILABLE TO BENEFIT ELIGIBLE MEMBERS (blue,Y, direct, grandfathered)

Deposit minimum 20 points + cash, for stays at hotels…+ $95 transaction fee.

IMO the mouse has lost his mind!

nomoretslt

Reaction score
Received ours yesterday but only did a cursory read. I’ll have to read that. Right now when I check around for Sheraton Vistana it’s less than $500 for a week in a one bedroom. It says nothing about a transaction fee or points. Is this something different? I keep toying with the idea of extending our DVC fall trip with Sheraton before our DVC stay. I’m really hesitant though because I’m very spoiled by my DVC.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Is this something facilitated by Interval International? They have all kinds of programs and a general travel agency. Most that involve trading into hotels using your week or points are a poor value.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Received ours yesterday but only did a cursory read. I’ll have to read that. Right now when I check around for Sheraton Vistana it’s less than $500 for a week in a one bedroom. It says nothing about a transaction fee or points. Is this something different? I keep toying with the idea of extending our DVC fall trip with Sheraton before our DVC stay. I’m really hesitant though because I’m very spoiled by my DVC.
This is probably something through II Getaways. Those can be a great value and Sheraton Vistana Resort is quite nice. No fancy theming of DVC, but you might like the value that offsite offers and never want to go back to DVC :p

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
T
Is this something facilitated by Interval International? They have all kinds of programs and a general travel agency. Most that involve trading into hotels using your week or points are a poor value.
This was a 2 page spread in the latest edition of the owner magazine-

I don’t think Interval gives 2 s#%^ about resale members and because it will be a restricted benefit- I am thinking it was on the DVC end…

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I saw that too. It's just for hotels (the Disney Files article pointed out it could be used for hotels in cities or locations without II timeshares to swap into), and after reading that in addition to the 20 points (minimum) + cash there was a $95 fee, I told DH that I doubt the cost would be any kind of bargain. We agreed it might be something to do if you had a lot of points that you couldn't otherwise use and didn't want to rent them out. I'm looking forward to seeing the actual offers, so that I can do some calculations. Since it's restricted to "DVC Y" (formerly "blue card") members, maybe DVD is subsidizing some of the costs - but again, I'll be quite surprised if this turns out to be a real "benefit."

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw that too. It's just for hotels (the Disney Files article pointed out it could be used for hotels in cities or locations without II timeshares to swap into), and after reading that in addition to the 20 points (minimum) + cash there was a $95 fee, I told DH that I doubt the cost would be any kind of bargain. We agreed it might be something to do if you had a lot of points that you couldn't otherwise use and didn't want to rent them out. I'm looking forward to seeing the actual offers, so that I can do some calculations. Since it's restricted to "DVC Y" (formerly "blue card") members, maybe DVD is subsidizing some of the costs - but again, I'll be quite surprised if this turns out to be a real "benefit."

Agreed.

I actually spent some time reading up on the rules and regulations section of DCV II portal-
It seems like it will also have an exchange fee from II in addition to the $95 from MS and the 20 points and the cash for the room.

What I found interesting is the wording that members through DVC are only guaranteed exchanges- not necessarily any of the gold membership benefits, benefits may change at any time and that the program will differ from different II gold memberships.

I am interpreting that as DVC can edit the program as they want…

I am very curious to see how it works out, for example will resale memberships see the same dashboard in the portal.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So I poked around II today and found the equivalent MVC portal. Though interestingly enough, the basic MVC Corporate portal membership won't do - I can see what is available but to finalize the transaction I would need to upgrade to an Interval Gold or Interval Platinum membership.

You click on "Exchange" and then "Hotel Exchange" and you are presented with the usual sort of options (w/Minimum 3 night stay). I then compared the results to Priceline (which II uses as their Hotel Travel partner for cash reservations). I looked at two different hotels at two different timeframes (one in July and one in January). While all the exchange rates were ruinous, it would appear that the fewer points you use the better the rate. With 1000 points I saw 29.6 and 19.6 cents/point, with 1500 points for the same reservation I saw 22.5 and 15.8 cents/point. (FYI, for those of you unfamiliar with MVC the 2022 MFs were 62.796 cents per point and the exchange rate on MVC's website for things like resort credits is around 33 cents/point).

There might be additional fees on the final exchange screen that I can't see. Or maybe they just think people exchanging more points are more desperate. In any case, *not* a good use of MVC points...and I assume the same will be true for DVC points.