• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thoughts on the Hyatt Vacation Club, more than a decade later...

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your observation. I am also very happy with my Hyatt Piñon Point EOY resale. I’ve stayed at my home resort and Maui with my unit. I own at Marriott and Vistana too (both resale) but I really like the point system which allows me to book weekdays or weekends.

Question: since I own EOY odd, if I buy EOY even at the same or different resort, can I combine the two accounts? Or will I still need to pay the off year membership fee? Am I better off selling my EOY and upgrading to an EY?

Daisy

If you own two EOY units, you will not be able to combine them, and will need to pay the off years fee.

If you like the Hyatt system enough to have two EOY units, you would be better off having one every year unit.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
I completely agree -- Biennial only makes sense for people who either want to "dip a toe in the water" or already have other units but want an "in" to the Hyatt/II resorts that are otherwise hard to obtain.

The answer is wholly dependent on whether you want to mostly use your Hyatt week in other Hyatts (get the least expensive 2200 point week you can), or if you want to trade through II (there are many strategies here, depends on what you want every year.)

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I am finding the issue with trading a Hyatt in Interval when I want a Marriott is that Marriott preference. I see more with my Marriott than my Hyatt even far out.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
I am finding the issue with trading a Hyatt in Interval when I want a Marriott is that Marriott preference. I see more with my Marriott than my Hyatt even far out.

I've never had any problems -- Marriott resorts pop up all the time when I'm searching. I've stayed in a few. And they're nice. But, to be fair, I don't care about the brand-name on the door -- it's all about location for me. I'd rather have the two-star in the dead-center of town than the four-star on the outskirts.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
That's because Westin also has preference with Marriott. I however never use my Westin in interval. Hyatt points go further

ScoopKona

Reaction score
That's because Westin also has preference with Marriott. I however never use my Westin in interval. Hyatt points go further

This.

My wife and I see the world, two and three countries at a time, trading our Beach House week through II.

And basically we just ask ourselves -- "where would we like to go?" And then go do it. We're in the process of moving so everything is on hold this year. But next year I hope to knock Singapore and Malaysia off my list.