• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

This was the first time this offer was made.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was offered permanent gold. If I buy 84,000 points. A one bdrm presidential. $15,000 that's dumb!

Wife and I went to the members, tea and crumpets, the next evening, 4 - 5 pm. There were about 8 others, sure- nuff, (Pittsburgh-neze) tea 4different kinds. Crumpets, biscuits, hockey pucks, depending on where you live. Held in the building next to golf course. That building also has a nice fire pit facing the golf course limited accommodations..
The area if large just limited seating, cosy.

At the party, We asked to see a 1bedroom . afterwards we talked, talked, with, him. I asked what do you think Wyndham will acquire, manage next. I also mentioned the starwood deal. He didn't answer, but asked my opinion of blue green?

I answered, is that in reference to convert PIC points to Wyndham points, and counting towards VIP?

Yes, he said. So what about blue green?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Cryptic and yet in plain view

I was offered permanent gold. If I buy 84,000 points. A one bdrm presidential. $15,000 that's dumb!

Wife and I went to the members, tea and crumpets, the next evening, 4 - 5 pm. There were about 8 others, sure- nuff, (Pittsburgh-neze) tea 4different kinds. Crumpets, biscuits, hockey pucks, depending on where you live. Held in the building next to golf course. That building also has a nice fire pit facing the golf course limited accommodations..

At the party, We asked to see a 1bedroom . afterwards we talked, talked, with, him. I asked what do you think Wyndham will acquire, manage next. I also mentioned the starwood deal. He didn't answer, but asked my opinion of blue green?

I answered, is that in reference to convert PIC points to Wyndham points, and counting towards VIP?

Thanks Raygo123
This post has a Hemingway-esque brevity
and a lot to read into ...

80 - 20 is coming sooner than later
with the big 3 .

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Raygo123
This post has a Hemingway-esque brevity
and a lot to read into ...

80 - 20 is coming sooner than later
with the big 3 .
I didn't want to give an opinion. There was much more. I think thier targeting blue green. Also talked about a waiting list. Devastating to 60 day window!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

I thought you were already Gold

and Blue Green is a great system, but even if Wyndham was to take it over it wouldnt mean much to us Club Wydham owners. It would be just one more brand in the system. and except for a little cross brand exchanging they are all separate and distinct systems

Wyndham Vacation Ownership develops, markets and sells vacation ownership interests and provides consumer financing to owners through its seven primary consumer brands, CLUB WYNDHAM®, WorldMark by Wyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM ASIA®, WorldMark South Pacific Club by Wyndham, Shell Vacations Club, Margaritaville Vacation Club® by Wyndham and WYNDHAM CLUB BRASIL SM.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also talked about a waiting list.
There's been talk about a waiting list for years now. It was supposed to be implemented as part of a much larger initiative called Voyager, with deployment expected in late '12 or early '13, but it was unceremoniously shelved in mid-'13.

Word is that bits and pieces of it have been brought back into the inventory management. So, maybe someday.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought you were already Gold

and Blue Green is a great system, but even if Wyndham was to take it over it wouldnt mean much to us Club Wydham owners. It would be just one more brand in the system. and except for a little cross brand exchanging they are all separate and distinct systems

Wyndham Vacation Ownership develops, markets and sells vacation ownership interests and provides consumer financing to owners through its seven primary consumer brands, CLUB WYNDHAM®, WorldMark by Wyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM ASIA®, WorldMark South Pacific Club by Wyndham, Shell Vacations Club, Margaritaville Vacation Club® by Wyndham and WYNDHAM CLUB BRASIL SM.

The only real exception was when Wyndham bought equivest and merged some of the properties, over a couple of years, into the Wyndham system. Others they sold off.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's been talk about a waiting list for years now. It was supposed to be implemented as part of a much larger initiative called Voyager, with deployment expected in late '12 or early '13, but it was unceremoniously shelved in mid-'13.

Word is that bits and pieces of it have been brought back into the inventory management. So, maybe someday.

I've heard the resort management module of Voyager is in use at many Wyndham managed resorts. They say the reservations system is not dead, just in limbo. Whatever that means.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I am gold. What was said is the PICs would not transfer to my children,to remain VI P gold, and THEY would end up being silver. At this time I'm going to find out if true or another lie. If I bought the 84000 reserve points then they would both be gold.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like your wife's answer. If they want gold, let them buy gold.

My real suggestion, though: Buy up to Platinum, adopt me, and will the membership to me.

Thanks Dad!

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could buy platinum, and adopt all of the tug members, and grandfather into platinum at 10 points each!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could buy platinum, and adopt all of the tug members, and grandfather into platinum at 10 points each!

I think we're on to something here.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
They'd be a lot better off if you invested the $15K and left them the proceeds.
They are taken care of quite nicely. And thier parents had no college loans to pay off either. Those were two goals accomplished before we even thought about buying direct grandchildren did that no me lol

Last edited:

mistalong

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope if Wyndham Gets better Saleman at Blue Green

IF Wyndham buys Blue Green I hope their sales team is more respectful. I called Choice Hotels once to get a hotel room where there wasn't a Wyndham property. They transferred to a Blue Green salesman after the call (which I didn't request). So after I told him no twice, right before he hangs up he goes, "You probably couldn't afford it anyway."

:eek:

He hung up too fast for me to respond, but I swore they'd never get my business. :mad::mad:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I ruled them out back in the '90s. There was something about blue green that just under my skin. Then, places were a little in need of an upgrade.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Yes I am gold. What was said is the PICs would not transfer to my children,to remain VI P gold, and THEY would end up being silver. At this time I'm going to find out if true or another lie. If I bought the 84000 reserve points then they would both be gold.

So what would happen to the PIC I wonder?
Seems like your children would own the unit that was PICed as well as the wyndham points.

I have a similar question to ponder in order to become Platinum level. I am gold with points purchased direct from Wyndham (along with some resale points which do not count toward VIP). I believe if I acquire a 3 bedroom week in another system that would PIC convert into 254,000 Wyndham points (1 bedroom=105,000 and 2 bedroom=154,000). Salesperson today told me I would need a minimum 49,000 annual point purchase to do the PIC conversion which would cost about $12,000.

I just don't know how permanent that would be. He claimed PICs are reviewed every 5 years to 'be sure you still own the property' but that sounds bogus.

Was the 'permanence' language written up special for you? Did that language exclude transferral to children?

Bob

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems like your children would own the unit that was PICed as well as the wyndham points.

I have a similar question to ponder in order to become Platinum level. I am gold with points purchased direct from Wyndham (along with some resale points which do not count toward VIP). I believe if I acquire a 3 bedroom week in another system that would PIC convert into 254,000 Wyndham points (1 bedroom=105,000 and 2 bedroom=154,000). Salesperson today told me I would need a minimum 49,000 annual point purchase to do the PIC conversion which would cost about $12,000.

I just don't know how permanent that would be. He claimed PICs are reviewed every 5 years to 'be sure you still own the property' but that sounds bogus.

Was the 'permanence' language written up special for you? Did that language exclude transferral to children?

Bob
It's not bogus, every 5 years, it also has to remain a week, or floating week, if it goes to points, you will loose PIC.

My offer was for 84000 presidential reserve points.
That seemed like a weird offer, in that I have 490,000 Wyndham developer points, could not figure out why!

Now the hard question, will my children be gold with what I own now?

I have no idea, but before I buy more I will find out.

As far 49000 points for $12,000 that's ridiculous.
Should be 6 to $7,000. Tops.

No mention in contract about transfer to children

Last edited:

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)

Bob

We got the same pitch: your PICs will soon be no good, so you have to buy more points right now in order to be GOLD forever.

Well, the Silver and Gold points levels went up already - what's to guarantee they won't in the future?

Nothing -- yes, nothing about "permanent Gold" written in contract either.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is PIC, and PIC express. The original PIC program is still in play. At leased in 2013. It's in my contract as an expense.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
As far 49000 points for $12,000 that's ridiculous.
Should be 6 to $7,000. Tops.

The $12,000 was not a quote - I just multiplied $250 x 49 to come up with that hypothetical figure. I recall Ron mentioned having to make a $12,000 purchase of a biennial property the day he traded something for platinum as well.

If I use the rate you were recently quoted $15,000/84 =$178 per thousand points then the cost of that purchase for PIC conversion would be $178 x 49 = $8722.

The reason I said 'bogus' was wouldn't they know if the PIC property changed hands immediately? Don't they 'take posession' or control of that property to exchange it off to RCI? I assume once it's PICed I would no longer be able to stay there true? I know so little about this process.

Bob

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $12,000 was not a quote - I just multiplied $250 x 49 to come up with that hypothetical figure. I recall Ron mentioned having to make a $12,000 purchase of a biennial property the day he traded something for platinum as well.

If I use the rate you were recently quoted $15,000/84 =$178 per thousand points then the cost of that purchase for PIC conversion would be $178 x 49 = $8722.

Bob
Always, always! That's why they are there. I'm still trying to figure out how they come up with this stuff, now I have to figure out if I already have what he is selling me!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

The reason I said 'bogus' was wouldn't they know if the PIC property changed hands immediately? Don't they 'take posession' or control of that property to exchange it off to RCI? I assume once it's PICed I would no longer be able to stay there true? I know so little about this process.

Bob

I think the number is 50000 points per pic week with a maximum of two weeks per account.

I didnt do a pic, I converted Pahio weeks to points and yes I spent $12000 for a 126k eoy contract and the loophole I took advantage of has closed

By the way, weeks that you might PIC wont ever just change to points and be kicked out of the program. Even if the resort begins offering RCI points your week wont be part of the RCI points program unless you pay for the change. What could get your week tossed out of the program is if your resort dropped out of RCI altogether

What I dont get is why anyone would spend any money get to Silver VIP or if they are already VIP to move to the next level. Unless they want to to make a business out of it and rent 10s of millions points. I cant make the numbers work for just a couple of million. and I certainly cant make them work for personal use. If you want a few more vacations, just buy more points on the secondary market,

and I as far as the kids go, Raygo's wife has it right.. "If they want it they can buy it for themselves".

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score

Bob
The points I have bought in the past, 3/4 were bought at $130/1000. That's why I said that was ridiculous. You used the rack rate, retail, in your example. The sales closer said, but it presidential reserve! I threw back to him that it should be around $10,000. He challenged what I paid untill he did the math on my account. I'm now wondering if at $130, did I pay too much.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The points I have bought in the past, 3/4 were bought at $130/1000. That's why I said that was ridiculous. You used the rack rate, retail, in your example. The sales closer said, but it presidential reserve! I threw back to him that it should be around $10,000. He challenged what I paid untill he did the math on my account. I'm now wondering if at $130, did I pay too much.

If you bought from the developer you paid more than you had to.