• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

This account does not have enough eligible benefits to complete the requested transaction.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
"This account does not have enough eligible benefits to complete the requested transaction."

Anybody figured out what this means? It's not points. I've got lots of available points.

It might be RARP. I'm trying to book a little outside of the ten month window and maybe I've exhausted my quantity of RARPs. Benefits Summary tracks RARP points (I have lots) but not RARP count.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It could also be that the resort isn’t one available for RARP. IIRC, eligibility for RARP is indicated by an asterisk in the listing somewhere in the directory.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
It could also be that the resort isn’t one available for RARP. IIRC, eligibility for RARP is indicated by an asterisk in the listing somewhere in the directory.

Could be. But the way the notice reads is that there is an eligible benefit but I don't have any left, which could well be nothing but another example of Wyndham's imprecise drafting.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Could be. But the way the notice reads is that there is an eligible benefit but I don't have any left, which could well be nothing but another example of Wyndham's imprecise drafting.
I’d call it glaringly bad drafting rather than imprecise.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
So frustrating. Wyndham has some real issues with IT.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked again; on the desktop web-app, the RARP reservations left are tracked on the right hand side, rather than as part of the list of entitlements. On the mobile web app, it is at the bottom of the list of entitlements.

Jim, does it appear in either of those places for you?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I looked again; on the desktop web-app, the RARP reservations left are tracked on the right hand side, rather than as part of the list of entitlements. On the mobile web app, it is at the bottom of the list of entitlements.

Jim, does it appear in either of those places for you?

Well, I'll be! There it is!

VIP RARP Limit Transactions
0 / 6

I need to pay more attention to RARPs. In retrospect, I'm sure I used some where I didn't need to -- reservations made at 11 months that easily could have waited until ten months. Now I'm out for the rest of the year (but I'm pretty fully booked for the rest of the year, too!).

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
IIRC, if you cancel an RARP reservation, you get the “benefit” added back to your account. So if you still have some of the reservations you made in RARP and there is availability in the same unit types for the same dates, you could cancel and rebook them to restore the benefit count for future use. While you’re fully booked for 2024, it might make a difference for 2025 bookings since they’re expended at booking like reservation transaction benefits (i.e., you use a 2024 RARP for a 2025 vacation if it’s booked in 2024; you can’t use a 2025 RARP because you can’t borrow them).

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
IIRC, if you cancel an RARP reservation, you get the “benefit” added back to your account. So if you still have some of the reservations you made in RARP and there is availability in the same unit types for the same dates, you could cancel and rebook them to restore the benefit count for future use. While you’re fully booked for 2024, it might make a difference for 2025 bookings since they’re expended at booking like reservation transaction benefits (i.e., you use a 2024 RARP for a 2025 vacation if it’s booked in 2024; you can’t use a 2025 RARP because you can’t borrow them).

Good stuff! I recovered three RARPs. Two of them were at Lake Marion in South Carolina, a place where we often stop on the way down/up I-95, but a place where there is absolutely no reason to burn RARPs. The third was a two-week reservation at Governor's Green in February 2025. Also, no reason to burn a RARP that time of year.

I'm pretty well booked through May 2025 but the RARPs may be useful booking in the summer of 2025.

Thanks!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great to get confirmation that I'm adding value! Thanks!

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I just converted an ARP to a SRP and swapped them out to using my 1 Resale contract points. I set my calendar when it is time to switch them. I do this for reservation I know I am likely not going to cancel and there is also a high likelihood there will be no rebooking opportunities.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just converted an ARP to a SRP and swapped them out to using my 1 Resale contract points. I set my calendar when it is time to switch them. I do this for reservation I know I am likely not going to cancel and there is also a high likelihood there will be no rebooking opportunities.
I do much the same thing -- use resale points when I book the largest or only unit available (2BR at Royal Vista or Orlando International) or when an upgrade might be available but not a big priority. Best example is Lake Marion, which has only 2BR and 3BR units, but we're only there for two or three nights.