• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thinking of buying into Vidanta

RedWing73

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Hello all... Hoping to get some feedback , tips and hints on buying Vidanta timeshare.
Any advise or actual help on setting price and which property best to join into would be greatly appreciated...
Current advise from people who have dealt with them most recently would be great.. I hear the sales teams are severly aggressive.. My goal is to go into it with everything set...
thanks

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Vidanta has quite nice properties and provides a good vacation experience, but whether buying a contract with them is right for you is a very personal question. The sales teams are quite aggressive and persistent and the company has set things up well to reduce resale of the more current contracts. (You can occasionally find an older contract that has less onerous restrictions and is worth getting resale, though those will be in the lower tiers like Mayan Palace or Grand Mayan - still good places to go, though.)

There are a few things to take into account - Vidanta built and is building their resorts to support the high seasons (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Holy Week, and January-April). There is a fairly steep fall off in demand outside of the high seasons, so if you are likely to enjoy traveling there in the shoulder and low seasons there is generally plenty of availability in the various exchanges (e.g., ThirdHome, The Registry Collection, II, RCI, and SFX). While there are resort fees charged in addition to the exchange fees, it can be cheaper to exchange into Vidanta than it is to pay a usage fee as an owner. There are some additional perks as an owner, meaning that you have to figure out which is more valuable to you if you do buy there, but the cost difference can be substantial.

Finally, you'll get a lot more feedback on this subject in the Mexican Timesharing forum. A moderator could move this thread there to help out. @Karen G ?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
While there are resort fees charged in addition to the exchange fees, it can be cheaper to exchange into Vidanta than it is to pay a usage fee as an owner. There are some additional perks as an owner, meaning that you have to figure out which is more valuable to you if you do buy there, but the cost difference can be substantial.

If the above is true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, figure out which exchange company works best for Vidanta then pick up a cheap TS Week affiliated with it with enough trading power that you can use to trade into Vidanta. This may save you a bunch of money...

George

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
If the above is true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, figure out which exchange company works best for Vidanta then pick up a cheap TS Week affiliated with it with enough trading power that you can use to trade into Vidanta. This may save you a bunch of money...

George

The different exchange companies are used by Vidanta to target different market segments and get developer bulk deposits of the different tiers of the resort in order to do that. There are also different resort fees between the exchanges. It can be a moving target, of course, but they have a long term relationship with SFX that makes that one a good one to use.

DRIless

Reaction score
Hello all... Hoping to get some feedback , tips and hints on buying Vidanta timeshare.
Any advise or actual help on setting price and which property best to join into would be greatly appreciated...
Current advise from people who have dealt with them most recently would be great.. I hear the sales teams are severly aggressive.. My goal is to go into it with everything set... thanks
DON'T DO IT, walk away. Way overpriced and always available on exchange. Do some searching on here, read my post on my last visit/sales experience with them.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay

George
The problem is you cannot find a Vidanta week cheap any longer. (I bought lots of them between 2002-2007) As people have upgraded, Vidanta resells their old week with a new contract that will state the equivalency of 10 current MF to transfer to someone - that shut down resales. When the MF is $1250 - $2500 per week, only Vidanta gets a deal :(

So, yes, the best way is to exchange in with another timeshare through RCI, II, or SFX. You might be able to get one of those cheap on ebay. We did - we got PBEB for the $400 exchange fee. So, we can pay the MF of $700 + the exchange fee of $149 + $150 for a MP, GM, or GB and get a week for around $1000. That is less than the MF would be and you do not have to put a lot of $$$ upfront. With SFX, that 1-bedroom PBEB, gets me a 2-bedroom Grand Bliss week. Grand Luxxe weeks seem to cost about $450 more at SFX, but are still cheaper than the MF.

When we used II or RCI, I would pay the $700 + $229 +$650 or more for the same week - about $1600 depending on what the current RCI or II extra fee is. I am not sure with II & RCI since we no longer have those. I just read what others post on those.