• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thinking Of Bluegreen

Desiday

Reaction score
We are thinking of becomming BG owners. Any positive or negative feedback out there? How does BG stack up against FF? How many points would I need to buy to be able to reserve the week we wanted at the high profile locations? Does being a Silver owner at BG help out? Thank you in advance!

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Desiday said:
We are thinking of becomming BG owners. Any positive or negative feedback out there? How does BG stack up against FF? How many points would I need to buy to be able to reserve the week we wanted at the high profile locations? Does being a Silver owner at BG help out? Thank you in advance!
1. Very positive experience for us.
2. Haven't used FF so can't compare.
3. Join the Bluegreen Yahoo group and the points table is there.
4. Being a silver member would be helpful. I am a gold member which is even more helpful.

Charles

Desiday

Reaction score
Charles,
How do I join the yahoo group? Have you ever been turned down for time you wanted being a gold member?

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bluegreen is a fantastic points program. In my view, it's one of the best. That's probably because I live in Florida and make use of bonus time and Bluegreen has a ton of resorts in Florida.

I would say that Fairfield resorts are about 1/2 step above Bluegreen in quality level. But, the great thing about Bluegreen is their maintenance fees are really low whereas Fairfield are ridiculously high.

Bluegreen does a fantastic job at renovating resorts. When they remake one over, it is completed gutted and is as good as any I've been.

Definitely join the Bluegreen Yahoo group. Lots of good info there.

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Desiday said:
Charles,
How do I join the yahoo group? Have you ever been turned down for time you wanted being a gold member?
Go to YAHOO.COM
Click on "Groups" in the left colomn.
Type in Bluegreen where it asks "Find a Group"
Click on the group that has the Bluegreen Vacation Club logo
Click on "Join this Group" in the upper right hand corner.
etc.

I was not able to get into Big Sky last summer as I needed a specific week. I was able to get in this summer when I could be more flexible. I was not able to get a particular June week in Shorecrest I but I was able to get the following week which worked out better since we were able to take a partial week at Harbor Lights which extended our stay.

All in all, I am a very happy Bluegreen owner.

Charles

RonaldCol

Reaction score
I own both Bluegreen and Fairfield. Bluegreen is separate and apart from any involvement with Cendant on a corporate level. Fairfield is owned by Cendant, which happens to own RCI. You know about RCI? It's the largest exchange company we all love to hate.

Bluegreen and Fairfield butted heads in buying a resort development site somewhere in Florida within the last year or so. Details are a bit fuzzy but Bluegreen paid more than Fairfield and got the site for development. Bluegreen has had overtures from RCI but have turned them down (rumors, not facts, based on Bluegreen's aggressive development of new resorts, and other readings between-the-line).

I've had run-ins with vacation guides from both resort systems, but overall my experience with Bluegreen has been better. Cost of doing business with Bluegreen is also cheaper than Fairfield.

Desiday

Reaction score
I believe I am set on Bluegreen as well. I spoke with some people personally and they all seem happy with BG. Nothing is perfect, but BG seems like a good fit for me and my wife. Now it's time to learn about the resale market and how to best use my points...any more help?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ronald Col Any idea where in Florida the two companies "butted heads"? Bluegreen was offered the opportunity by the Wilderness (Wisconsin Dells)to develop timeshares there, but were unwilling to commit to developing at other sites, so Fairfield got the nod.

geekette

Reaction score
Resale market can be found in all the usual buy and sell places. BG will never sell for under $1/point, but you can find well under that on the resale market. Be sure to do your due diligence, as there are EOY contracts and you do not want to accidentally buy half of what you thought you were getting, nor do you want to be saddled with someone's unpaid fees.

Best use of your points is hard to say as everyone wants different places at different times, etc etc