• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Things just get worse with Villa Group!!!

Duck

Reaction score
We recently upgraded to gold with membership . We ended up paying the maintence fees twice. Now they are charging us interest saying we have not made payments even though I have the credit card statements to prove this. Any advice What are rights? Any legal recourse? The group is based out of San Diego.

This seems to be a big scam:doh:

Last edited:

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Might your credit card company help you if you call and inquire about a filing a dispute?

Duck

Reaction score
They are sending us a copy of the transactions but the question how fo you dispute/ prove it to the Villa Group? When we call them they just place us on hold or disconnect us.

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! We've dealt with the Villa Group for about 20 years now and have never had any problems that weren't solved fast, easily and politely. They are our favirite resort and we go there every year. Sounds like you tried numerous times to get it corrected? Your credit card receipts should solve it but I know it's the hassle that's frustrating. I'm really sorry to hear about your problem and I hope you get it straightened out and can begin to enjoy the resort, as we do every year. Good luck!

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Villa Group

I have only been with them for about 3 years and I have never had any problems. Are you dealing with the Villa Group or Resort Com??
Resort Com is the company that takes care of the maintenance fees. If you paid more than once I would call resort com and ask for a refund.