• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

They can't crash much farther

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
I've been watching eBay auctions for Marriott's Grand Chateau in Las Vegas.

On October 25, a 1br EOY sold for $1888.
On November 5, a 1br annual week 52 went for $5101.
On November 20, a 3br annual, first use 2010, sold at $12,800.

And today ....
today... I can't bear this, there must be some mistake ...

a 1br annual for $1800.

I own at NCV and just can't bear to look at those prices, although fortunately I'm not trying to sell.

Wow.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why people are so surprised by the price drops.

A timeshare is nothing more than prepaid vacation. Sure, you own part of a building, but the reality is that you paid to be able to stay there.

When people don't have the ability to take vacations due to the economy or other situations, it makes not sense to keep paying the maintenance fees unless you can rent the unit for more. For a lot of people this is a hassle also.

Anyone that paid for a timeshare upfront has already spent/lost that money, but the maintenance fees keep coming. Selling at any price avoids paying that annual fee.

I also have no intention of selling anything, so for me, I'll keep enjoying my annual timeshare stays, albeit a little closer to home to avoid airfares this year.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Shocked and saddened that our economy is diving so :(

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
The collapse of growth that depended on consumers borrowing to spend beyond their means and speculators leveraged greater than 40 to 1 is hardly shocking.