• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Theme Park vacations after Covid-19 lockdown - lessons learned

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
We just returned from a Florida trip to Orlando and only did mild theme park stuff (Discovery Cove and SeaWorld). It's only June, and I had heat exhaustion symptoms on four days of last week after only a few hours of marching around. It's the fact that I haven't done much walking since Covid shut us all down, so I was truly unprepared for 7 mile hikes in 97 degree weather with 60% humidity. I didn't have heat exhaustion at Discovery Cove, though I spent most of the time there in the water. Two of those days of heat exhaustion we were not in theme parks but walking around Disney Springs one day and around the UCF college campus the next.

In 2019, we did all of the Disney parks in August, and I was able to handle hikes of 7-10 miles in the heat without dropping from heat exhaustion. Fast forward to 15 months of being locked in your house without daily proper exercise, and I was miserable out there.

Just be aware of your Covid inactivity level and make plans to overcome it before scheduling a day with heavy walking in heat.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Definitely be careful of heat! In my case I believe my aging body can no longer handle temps above 80 if the air is humid. Last summer I realized that I can only walk 9 holes of golf if below that threshold. Even in a cart yesterday I started feeling shaky and I've noticed at times after a late afternoon walk the same thing. It could be more hypoglycemia than heat exhaustion for me, because eating relieves those symptoms.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just be aware of your Covid inactivity level and make plans to overcome it before scheduling a day with heavy walking in heat.
Quoting for truth! We just got back from Park City, UT. The heat wasn't (much) of an issue, but really felt the altitude on hikes in ways I haven't in years past. The extra weight I'm carrying plus the walking/running I haven't been doing made their presence known!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Me too. Going to Europe in a few weeks. I'd like to say a little lighter and more conditioned, but so far it hasn't helped. I wonder how the airline and cruise would feel about me bringing a llama to be my porter?

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
We are about to head to our first vacation in almost two years as well leaving from the heat and humidity of Arkansas for the higher (and cooler) elevations of Oregon, then a week by the ocean. Slow and easy for awhile to be sure......

Which makes me think of this:

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Me too. Going to Europe in a few weeks. I'd like to say a little lighter and more conditioned, but so far it hasn't helped. I wonder how the airline and cruise would feel about me bringing a llama to be my porter?
It’s an ADA service Llama, right? Hopefully the EU will accommodate you.

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
I totally need to bring my Emotional Support porcupine on my next plane flight. I have seen the craziest things done in the name of "Emotional Support" animals:
  • One student brought a cat into the University library, probably just to lure dates from what I saw.
  • Another student brought a 7-foot python hanging around his neck to an exam in a class of 250 students and claimed he needed that support
  • Another group of students adopted a cat in a dorm room of 4 over the objections of 1 of the 4 who was allergic to cats. Guess which student ended up caring for the animal in that dorm room?
  • One plane flight was notable because a woman brought a completely untrained chihuahua on a plane in a zip carrier and when she opened the bag in the flight to "soothe herself" the dog bit her savagely.
I can take the porcupine on long walks to recover from my Covid-houseboundness. I would have exercised more, but somehow I ended up working 12 hours a day in my home office.