• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

(9/6 - Still can't send a confirmation) The Vistana/Marriott Reservation System is a disaster.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
If you have the Bonvoy confirmation, it may be possible to go to Marriott.com and lookup the confirmation and change the guest name.
This is how I changed the name on my reservation. I had previously changed it on vistana and paid the 59 dollars. Vistana never updated the Marriott reservation and I had to do it on the bonvoy website also.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
But the Marriott confirmations are very hit and miss - mostly miss. I even called owner services and requested one for my own home resort reservation, and they said "sure, no problem" and then sent me a Westin confirmation. I believe they "thought" they sent me a Marriott confirmation, but it didn't go out.
When you call owner services, ask them to give you the Marriott confirmation. Once you have that, you can look it up at marriott.com to update the guest names. With the migration, at least the Marriott reservation now allows modification via the website.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I did ask them for a Marriott confirmation - they sent me a Westin confirmation.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I did ask them for a Marriott confirmation - they sent me a Westin confirmation.
Technically they sent you the Vistana confirmation, from the Vistana system. Perhaps you should ask for the Bonvoy confirmation and see what they do.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Really - because you think they don't know that a Marriott confirmation and a Bonvoy confirmation are the SAME thing?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Really - because you think they don't know that a Marriott confirmation and a Bonvoy confirmation are the SAME thing?
They should, but look who you are talking about here...

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
My guess is that they might not have ways to request the Marriott reservation to be sent from their end.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
My guess is that they might not have ways to request the Marriott reservation to be sent from their end.

They may not. Others have reported them being able to give them the Bonvoy confirmation number over the phone. Then you can take that and go into Marriott.com and resend the confirmation.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So why are we calling them "Bonvoy" confirmation numbers and not "Marriott" confirmation numbers?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So why are we calling them "Bonvoy" confirmation numbers and not "Marriott" confirmation numbers?
I suppose it doesn't really matter. But you can also type in Bonvoy.com if you want (though it redirects to Marriott.com). The email technically comes from "Marriott Vacation Club Intl Reservations". I think if you can get your hands on just the 8 digit confirmation number that you can use to lookup the reservation on Marriott.com, it may prove easier. It is possible that they aren't able to send the new confirmation emails out of the Vistana system.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The only way to do it, at this time, is to add the guest on the Villa Finder, (or call) and then follow up to make sure everything is correct.
If you have the Bonvoy confirmation, it may be possible to go to Marriott.com and lookup the confirmation and change the guest name.
The problem I'm running into now is that I have multiple reservations at the same resort for the same date. Vistana's villa finder shows the 6 digit Vistana reservation number but the original email confirmation I got shows the 8 digit Marriott confirmation. I've changed a reservation into the guest name but the new confirmation I had emailed to me still is the old Vistana reservation with the new guest name. While I can go and change a guest name on Marriott.com, I don't know which reservation now reflects the guest because I have multiple reservations for that date and I don't know which 6 digit rez = which 8 digit Marriott one. I guess I'll have to call and match them up and then keep my own records

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bottom Line: This is crappy service!

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
So my most recent confirmations for Vistana reservations have been coming from the email: reservations at res-marriott.com .

The sender shows up as Westin Vacation Club Reservations, but it is really coming out of the Marriott system. It is the same email address they use for any Marriott hotel reservation. It is just that the sender appears different (ie if it is a Delta Hotel reservation the sender line appears as “Delta Hotels and Resorts Reservations”.

So is there a difference between a Westin reservation and a Marriott reservation from the company point of view if it is coming from the same email address and system? I’m not sure if all resorts have now been moved over, but I think most have.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So is there a difference between a Westin reservation and a Marriott reservation from the company point of view if it is coming from the same email address and system? I’m not sure if all resorts have now been moved over, but I think most have.
It depends on the system it is coming from. When Denise was using "Westin", I understood that those emails were really coming from the Vistana system. In your example, the Delta Hotels and the Westin Vacation Club (reservations@res-marriott.com) are all coming out of the Marriott International (MARSHA) system. Where emails from "Vistana Signature Experiences" vistanasignatureexperience@vistana.com are coming out of the Vistana timeshare reservation system.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
It depends on the system it is coming from. When Denise was using "Westin", I understood that those emails were really coming from the Vistana system. In your example, the Delta Hotels and the Westin Vacation Club (reservations@res-marriott.com) are all coming out of the Marriott International (MARSHA) system. Where emails from "Vistana Signature Experiences" vistanasignatureexperience@vistana.com are coming out of the Vistana timeshare reservation system.
Ah. Okay. My confusion is resolved.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is the crux of the problem: Reservations are being sent out from two different systems, but neither owners nor the front desks are receiving both numbers. The front desk staff seems really frustrated, but it's their job to help guests to the best of their ability, and that is not happening.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
That is the crux of the problem: Reservations are being sent out from two different systems, but neither owners nor the front desks are receiving both numbers. The front desk staff seems really frustrated, but it's their job to help guests to the best of their ability, and that is not happening.
I believe resorts have converted over to Marriott International's reservation system. SVR recently changed systems. MVC has always used the Marriott International system as it’s reservation system of record.
So resorts now only see what you can see if you have the Marriott.com reservation number and look it up online.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I have read several recent reports on Facebook of owners unable to make reservations at various Vistana properties right at 12 months. These are people who say they have been making reservations at 12 months for years and know what they’re doing, but it seems as if a big chunk of the inventory that used to be there, is no longer there. Suspicion is that Marriott is sucking up big portions of the inventory (for DC?) perhaps before Vistana owners can access it.

Can anyone here corroborate that?

Maybe this should be in the merger thread but it’s about the booking process so I’m asking it here.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I believe resorts have converted over to Marriott International's reservation system. SVR recently changed systems. MVC has always used the Marriott International system as it’s reservation system of record.
So resorts now only see what you can see if you have the Marriott.com reservation number and look it up online.

Yes looks like a recent conversion. Not well planned IMO, in communication of the changes to data (confirmation/reservation ID numbers) to staff operations and owners. New reservations will have the 8 digit marriot #. I made a Vistana reservation today, and the confirmation email came from "reservations@res-marriott.com"
and contained the 8 digit marriott confirmation # in both subject line and message body.

I have read several recent reports on Facebook of owners unable to make reservations at various Vistana properties right at 12 months. These are people who say they have been making reservations at 12 months for years and know what they’re doing, but it seems as if a big chunk of the inventory that used to be there, is no longer there. Suspicion is that Marriott is sucking up big portions of the inventory (for DC?) perhaps before Vistana owners can access it.

Maybe this should be in the merger thread but it’s about the booking process so I’m asking it here.
Anecdotally, on 2 separate occasions I've seen inventory at a specific resort (WDW & SMV) but when I go back the next day or day after to reserve, there's nothing there at all. Then a few days to a week later, it's all available again. These are not high demand resorts at the 8 month mark, much more like shoulder or low season dates, 2-5 months in advance of check-in

So something flaky (temporary blockage on available units) going on in the backend. IT can't allow owners/users to make changes to inventory, if they're (IT) trying to update same inventory. Probably due to a roll-out of reservation system conversion on a resort by resort basis??

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know it's just semantics, but when I hear Marriott timeshare reservations called "Bonvoy" reservations, that's like calling Vistana timeshare reservations "Starpoint" Reservations.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Absolutely. This is a disaster. If you ask for the Marriott number, you should be able to get it but with a phone call. If the person over the phone is not cooperative, you have to call again.

I have been so annoyed with everything at Vistana. I called to lock-off our 7/9 week into the two sides, and Vistana lost my small one bedroom. Someone named Roger lost my reservation. No explanation as to why that happened, and I emailed about it. It was apparently my fault for not booking the lockoff as two separate units. Geez, I have been doing this since 2008 the same way, but they change things and I am supposed to be okay with it.

I did go through every single week we have reserved with Vistana with a Vistana phone call (we have a lot of SBP). They were able to find every Marriott reservation number for my reservations. But does that help at the resort? Most of my guests are arriving after 6/10, so we will know then. They are armed with Marriott and Vistana numbers upon arrival.

The problem for spring break weeks last month was the lack of guest names on the confirmations. Our name was listed as the one who would be arriving. The guest names were added weeks before.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.

I hope that is not true. I have a lot of reservations at SBP to get for 2023.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I hope that is not true. I have a lot of reservations at SBP to get for 2023.
At 8 mos out there was no Maui inventory at any of the 3 resorts but lots of options in Kaui Sheraton and St John's. That seemed odd to me. We booked Kaui which is fine but it is concerning. I have always got a Maui week at 8 mos. I can't complain as I'm not a Maui owner. I would be furious if I were

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
At 8 mos out there was no Maui inventory at any of the 3 resorts but lots of options in Kaui Sheraton and St John's. That seemed odd to me. We booked Kaui which is fine but it is concerning. I have always got a Maui week at 8 mos. I can't complain as I'm not a Maui owner. I would be furious if I were
Furious if you were a Maui owner but couldn't reserve at 8 months? As an owner the way I see it is there is plenty of availability for owners right up to 8 months and 1 day (for IV and OV but obviously not always OF due to the low number of units) but once the calendar hits 8 months then all the inventory is gone in minutes. For example at the moment there's lots of availability for 1/13/2023 but nothing for 1/6/2023.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar

Just an uncorroborated conspiracy theory at the moment but it could be settled if Marriott would simply let the Ownership Associations conduct reservation audits.