• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

(9/6 - Still can't send a confirmation) The Vistana/Marriott Reservation System is a disaster.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I have been sounding the alarm on this for some time. Guest names are not showing up. The owners' names show on reservations, even with guests added. You have to call the resort, give them the Bonvoy number, and they can look it up and add your guest's name.
Because they are now on the Marriott hotels reservation system, you have to change the name on the Marriott website. I wish I knew that changing the name on vistana does nothing, I could have saved the 59 bucks and just changed the name for free on the bonvoy website. If they want crap IT, spread the word and don’t pay any guest name changes. Just change it on the bonvoy app

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
You are very fortunate, because that is certainly not the norm. I help a lot of people with their reservation problems, and most Vistana owners are not receiving Marriott format guest confirmations. Going to your Bonvoy Acct and looking up the Marriott number is not the same as receiving a legitimate looking confirmation which you can send to your renter. Renters want a confirmation that looks like the real deal, and they want to be able to call the front desk and confirm it. Renters are not comfortable with excuses about problems with the Vistana/Marriott merger.
Even when they receive them (as in ME), they are not associated with the Vistana number. Worthless when you have five July 4th reservations at SBP.

I had to call and get the Bonvoy numbers for every single week, and we own a bunch of them.

Even today when you make a reservation for next year, only the Vistana number is on the reservation. It's ridiculously stupid of them to not realize their own issues. It's just one of many problems I have with all of the brand new people working at Vistana. Clueless.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because they are now on the Marriott hotels reservation system, you have to change the name on the Marriott website. I wish I knew that changing the name on vistana does nothing, I could have saved the 59 bucks and just changed the name for free on the bonvoy website. If they want crap IT, spread the word and don’t pay any guest name changes. Just change it on the bonvoy app
None of my Vistana reservations show up on my Bonvoy app.
They are all resale, so that could be it. At check-in I ask them to ad my bonvoy #.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
They are all resale, so that could be it. At check-in I ask them to ad my bonvoy #.

Mine are and they are resale.
Did you link your Vistana and Marriott accounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

I just did that (changed the guest name) for a reservation later this year that I made for a week I exchanged in ThirdHome. Looks like it worked on the Marriott hotel website and it didn't cost anything, which is something they promised would be included in the combined club fees with the integration this summer. This was for a mandatory resale week, so maybe there is hope that they're included, though it might just be that the inclusion in the combined fees is just puffery about something that would be going away anyway since it would cost them more to maintain it when integrating the reservation systems. Kind of makes me wonder how much the IT side is driving what's in and what's out.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Did you add your bonvoy number into the vistana reservation now? That’s how it knows which account to send the reservation. Do that now and you’ll see the reservation in your bonvoy app.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Mine are and they are resale.
Did you link your Vistana and Marriott accounts?

I have never tried to do this. I know some were successful getting their Bonvoy (previous SPG) numbers associated to resale ownerships, but others have not been.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I just did that (changed the guest name) for a reservation later this year that I made for a week I exchanged in ThirdHome. Looks like it worked on the Marriott hotel website and it didn't cost anything, which is something they promised would be included in the combined club fees with the integration this summer. This was for a mandatory resale week, so maybe there is hope that they're included, though it might just be that the inclusion in the combined fees is just puffery about something that would be going away anyway since it would cost them more to maintain it when integrating the reservation systems. Kind of makes me wonder how much the IT side is driving what's in and what's out.
You’re right, changing the name in the vistana system does nothing since the resorts no longer have the vistana reservation system. It seems that the vistana system feeds the reservation to the bonvoy system which then routes it to the resort. A name change is a waste in the vistana system at this present time. It’s not telling the bonvoy system that the name is changed because it probably has no idea what reservation number matches the vistana reservation you’re changing. They will likely remove that since the capabilities aren’t there. I also suspect that having a group (VSE) of your owners paying name change fees and the other group (MVC) not paying the same fee, would cause grumbles and headaches for MVW in the future. If you want a combined program you need a combined customer experience as well.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I have never tried to do this. I know some were successful getting their Bonvoy (previous SPG) numbers associated to resale ownerships, but others have not been.
I have, my bonvoy number is associated with my vistana account and it defaults to my bonvoy number every time I make a reservation.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I have, my bonvoy number is associated with my vistana account and it defaults to my bonvoy number every time I make a reservation.
I think that is because you previously owned a direct developer VOI?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you add your bonvoy number into the vistana reservation now? That’s how it knows which account to send the reservation. Do that now and you’ll see the reservation in your bonvoy app.
I have tried that for my reservations earlier this year at Lagunamar, but they never showed up in the app until I checked in and had my # added by the front desk staff.

It might be a lagunamar specific issue. I always have to file a missing stay request

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I just looked in my wife's Bonvoy account and I see one Vistana reservation in there, but not our others.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I have tried that for my reservations earlier this year at Lagunamar, but they never showed up in the app until I checked in and had my # added by the front desk staff.

It might be a lagunamar specific issue. I always have to file a missing stay request

Lately I've been getting Marriott confirmation emails for stays at Lagunamar and have been able to add them to "My Trips" in the Bonvoy app with the confirmation numbers in those emails.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lately I've been getting Marriott confirmation emails for stays at Lagunamar and have been able to add them to "My Trips" in the Bonvoy app with the confirmation numbers in those emails.
thanks, I think I have a couple of those confirmations also. They are weird because they show a dollar amount.
I will try to add them in the bonvoy app

That worked, thanks for the tip

Last edited:

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that is because you previously owned a direct developer VOI?

My Vistana reservations show up on my Bonvoy account and my ownerships are resale and have never had a developer purchase.

When I make a new Vistana reservation, I get the 8 digit Marriott reservation but if I cancel the same reservation, I get a Vistana email with the 6 digit Vistana number

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
My Vistana reservations show up on my Bonvoy account and my ownerships are resale and have never had a developer purchase.
Did you manually add them to your Bonvoy account or did they show up automatically?

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
I'm bumping my earlier post. I'm not getting a time out, but I keep seeing this message when I click on the blue "Reserve Now" button:

Screenshot 2022-05-03 184030.png

Have others see this? Did you then call in and see if there is availability using the Result ID?

Thanks!

I'm now experiencing the dreaded "Your villa is no longer available. Please modify search and try again" message after getting all the way through the reservation process. Is it worth calling in to try to get a reservation? Or, is that a waste of time?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Not sure
How do I do that?

Sorry - I don’t recall. It was a while ago. It was a request made by them through a link either by email or website. When they 1st started associating the BonVoy number with Vistana account.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I'm bumping my earlier post. I'm not getting a time out, but I keep seeing this message when I click on the blue "Reserve Now" button:

View attachment 53733

Have others see this? Did you then call in and see if there is availability using the Result ID?

Thanks!

I made HR and SO reservations (Not Cancun, but Maui) - stopped at entering my name.
No problem.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
And now I can't get into Marriott.com. LOL! I guess my plan to try and book timeshares and expiring hotel certs today is not going to happen.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

View attachment 53733

Thanks!
Marriott vacation club is taking all of the Inventory from the vistana network. They are taking at all times, within 8 months as well as during home resort periods. Marriott vacation club is no better than Diamond pre Hilton takeover. I said what I said. Wait….. this is the vistana forum right?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott vacation club is taking all of the Inventory from the vistana network. They are taking at all times, within 8 months as well as during home resort periods. Marriott vacation club is no better than Diamond pre Hilton takeover. I said what I said. Wait….. this is the vistana forum right?
Why did you say any of these when none of this is happening? You have fear and there is no data to back it.