• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

(9/6 - Still can't send a confirmation) The Vistana/Marriott Reservation System is a disaster.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Getting the "time out" over and over today!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The site is very slow today. Took forever to log in and then it just sat there with a spinning wheel in the middle of the screen.

I have always had problems with booking weeks at SBP because we own so many that it times out after I choose a week I want to book. There is no way for me to choose a week then choose a date. The system is set up to look for available weeks with paid fees in the account, and it goes hunting for a week and times out before it matches an owned week to the reservation I need.

In Marriott's system for reservations, I can choose a specific week and then choose dates. It's slow, sure, but it works every time.

I remember way back when we first owned SBP weeks, we could choose a specific week to deposit. This was the same for SDO. As long as it was available to reserve, we could bank that specific week into II. Fast forward to today, and the combined trading power of SBP 9-43, 47 is not what we had when we could choose any week for deposit. I long for those days to come back.

Marriott weeks can be reserved and banked into II, either I can do it, or Marriot does it for me.

What will Marriott do in the future for SBP and SDO (and other voluntary resale weeks)? Will it be worse or better for us as owners. Will they allow us to deposit specific weeks into II because it's now Marriott, or will Marriott suffer a drastic change and go the way of Vistana for deposits?

equitax

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cannot bank my points if my life depends on it. Error 500. Benn. on hold (Exec Line) forever : (. Any suggestions as I will lose 8000+ points

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Repeatedly getting an error message when I try to send a confirmation from the Villa Finder.

Toffeepony

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Gold
Getting Timeout over and over as well. How do we as owners need to address this? It is infuriating. Do you guys just call for reservations? I develop working websites for a living and there is just no excuse for this.

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not verify if it works for me, but someone just posted on FB that she couldn't pay the MF online because the dashboard was down.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Contact Marriott Consumer Advocacy Dept - again and again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Friday: Still can't send a confirmation and it's behaving strangely:

On Firefox it acted like it loaded - but it was just a blank page.

On Safari it tried to install something on my computer!

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 1.28.10 PM.png

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Saturday: same

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Saturday: same

Weird. I tested it for our upcoming WKORV reservations (Safari on Mac) - both HR and SO - and get the same response (download of a zero byte action that does nothing).

I would contact the Advocacy group and inform them - they want to know about IT issues based on my previous interactions with them. Maybe @Ken555 understands this issue better.

SF Giants… arg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dave - The Warriors first game is Sept. 30! :hi:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still can't send a confirmation!

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Still can't send a confirmation!

Do they care enough to fix it? We’re a captive audience so really…they have very little incentive to do the best job they can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still can't send a confirmation...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nope!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, it is - I've been out of state since Sept. 1st, so I am late to the party.