• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The US will need to do 20 million tests a day to reopen safely

Status
Not open for further replies.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
The US will need to do 20 million tests a day to reopen safely.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's only 3 1/2 million per day. There are 50 states and some U S territories . There are some United States states liked the following Montana, Delaware, Colorado, North & South Dakota, Vermont, Alaska and Maine; testing could be finish in one to two weeks with the necessary medical staff and supplies. However, none of these states all hot spots for the Covid - 19 virus. Retrack, South Dakota, and the Smithfield Meat Packaging Plant could become a hot spot for South Dakota. We will need to wait and seek what happen at this plant.

I am looking at the small population of each of these states; based upon the last census taken of the United States.

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score

The article itself is behind a paywall however, do the terms "trumps testing czar forced out" and "politics" lead one to believe this can be a contentious issue? :ponder:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The article itself is behind a paywall however, do the terms "trumps testing czar forced out" and "politics" lead one to believe this can be a contentious issue? :ponder:
This is why I think people need to stop posting and starting threads on the COVID topic simply with a link to an article. It serves no valid purpose to better discussion in the forums.

Last edited:

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is why I think people need to stop posting and starting threads on the COVID topic simply with a link to an article. It serves no valid purpose to better discussion on the topic.
Yeah. I think it’s inevitable that someone will say something that another person will interpret as “political”.
Honestly, I feel like every conversation is so supercharged these days that I could say “wow , what a beautiful sunrise we had today” ... and the next thing you know it dissolves into an argument.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The US will need to do 20 million tests a day to reopen safely.

Richard

Thanks for posting this - from MIT Technology Review

For Canada - that would be a per pop equivalent of 2 million +.tests
I believe the province of Ontario is now at 16,000 tests per day (pop = 14.5 million)
and trying to grow that number further .So we too have a ways to go .

Canada pop.in 2019 = 37. 5 million
Canada Confirmed Covid 19 deaths as of April 20= 1587

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
This is why I think people need to stop posting and starting threads on the COVID topic simply with a link to an article. It serves no valid purpose to better discussion in the forums.

Too late to shut the barn door, that horse has already bolted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Too late to shut the barn door, that horse has already bolted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
It could very easily be stopped, anytime.

R.J.C.

unconfirmed
Reaction score

Or better yet, just stop talking about this virus all together unless it specifically has something to do with timesharing.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Article says costs of this level of testing is $50-$300b over 2 years.
This is so much less than the $2trillion stimulus given for the economic shutdown.

So, isn’t it so much more cost effective to TEST as much as possible?

Most people agree the goal is to get the economy going again, in the safest way possible, at a reasonable cost. Widespread testing seems to satisfy all these goals.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or better yet, just stop talking about this virus all together unless it specifically has something to do with timesharing.

While on the surface that seems logical, how should we define "specifically"? That may be contentious in and of itself.

This article, which by the way is not behind a paywall and is openly available to all, deals with the virus and specifically with Las Vegas, and affects all the timeshare owners there. Should it be permitted for discussion?

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The only reason I discovered/:cautious:started posting/reading on the TUG lounge forum is because the Timeshare forums I spent 99.9% on before CV-19 have come mostly to an abrupt HALT. No fault of anyone here it is just the reality of our brave new world of the timeshare travel/vacation industry. Cant wait to start planning & going back to our favorite Bluegreen and trading into other amazing resorts latter in 2020 or early 2021.

R.J.C.

unconfirmed
Reaction score
While on the surface that seems logical, how should we define "specifically"? That may be contentious in and of itself.

This article, which by the way is not behind a paywall and is openly available to all, deals with the virus and specifically with Las Vegas, and affects all the timeshare owners there. Should it be permitted for discussion?

That isn't the OP's post, is it? Why change the parameters of my post? The OP's post has nothing to do with timesharing and shouldn't be posted IMO but I'm just a grunt here with only a tiny voice.

BTW, your post has absolutely nothing to do with timesharing either. It is about 2 government leaders arguing.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
That isn't the OP's post, is it? Why change the parameters of my post? The OP's post has nothing to do with timesharing and shouldn't be posted IMO but I'm just a grunt here with only a tiny voice.

BTW, your post has absolutely nothing to do with timesharing either. It is about 2 government leaders arguing.

When Hotels open... Timeshares open. :rolleyes:

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
20,000,000 a day means in one regard everybody alive in the USA gets tested every two weeks or so?

Cheers

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Maybe I’m missing something
But.... wouldn’t you have to test every day??
What if I test today and am cleared then lick the door handle at McDonald’s tomorrow
Am I not possibly infected at that point?

geekette

Reaction score
Never said it wasn't allowed. Just because something is allowed doesn't mean it has to be done, right?
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean everyone has to stop doing it, right?

R.J.C.

unconfirmed
Reaction score
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean everyone has to stop doing it, right?

Maybe you should go back and read my first post and what I quoted. Then come back and we can have a chit chat about that. To give you a hint, someone proposed something and I added to their suggestion. I haven't told you or anyone else what to do. Understand?

I'm sure that even though this is the Lounge, certain topics are forbidden and I'm suggesting we add Corona to that list which BTW, others seem to agree with.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara

Yeah, I am getting tired of this too. When I find an interesting article, I try to add it to an existing thread where it is relevant. I have stopped finding articles and posting them as new threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.