• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Soundings Seaside Resort Financial Problems

Thomas Grace

Reaction score
I own a week at the Soundings, and I have just been informed that the multi-resort (Breakers, Edgewater, Soundings) project is in trouble. The information was provided, I believe, by a member of the Soundings sales staff and I was referred to a lawyer who is taking inquiries from owners for a possible class action suit. The lawyer confirmed the allegations of serious trouble.

Edgewater owners have several posts on this site that suggest trouble, and they recently created a members only Yahoo group for communication. Edgewater posts primarily relate to problems with poor maintenance and use of maintenance fees, but they also identify a serious conflict between the Board of Trustees and the management company.

Regarding the Breakers, I was told that completion of the Breakers is two years behind schedule and has now stopped. Work on the Soundings was supposed to start in October, but no work has been done to date.
Anyone with information on these matters is asked to make posts to this site. Thank you for your consideration and assistance.

klminnewyork

Reaction score
Concerned in New York

We also own a week at the Soundings. We are very concerned and had some concerns when we bought the timeshare last year. At that point the Breakers was at a stand still and there were many units for sale for a relatively high price. Despite our concerns, we did purchase a week for 2 units with the feeling that it was a great spot on the Ocean and we would enjoy it for years to come. We have spoke to the soundings on a few occasions to secure the week this summer, as we were told to do and never get a convincing response. We have just received our maintence fee bill and after reading this post are very concerned.

Any further info you have I would appreciate and maybe even the Lawyer you were referred you or the person who referred you.

Thank you and stay in touch.

Corky

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't own at the Soundings but recently purchased a week at Edgewater. Could you kindly direct me to that support site you mentioned?

If one timeshare goes down, will the rest of them?

Thank you.

M

mycapeattorney

[TUG has a strict no-advertising rule. Posting your business contact info. is not permitted. Plus, this thread is over a year old. - DeniseM Moderator.]

Last edited by a moderator: